United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2020, 06:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Everyone in football would absolutely love to see that. especially when they fail FFP in league 2 and get a huge points deduction due to their wage bill
Pep managing a team with Mike the tiler and bin man Dave in it

Unread 17-02-2020, 06:13 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
These last 5-10 years we thought the joke was over, no more laughing at City as they run roughshod over the league breaking records and winning titles.. little did we know they were laying the foundations for their pièce de résistance, a potential stripping of all their ill gotten success, and banishment from the top table of football indefinitely... Can you f***ing imagine
When the original annoncement came in september 2008 that sheikh mansour had bough manchester city. I do remember thinking to myself, that "I will give this 10 years before this will all blow up into city's face as they clearly intend cheat now ". Fast forward and just few months after 10th year anniversary of Sheikh Mansour's takeover evidence of manchester city's large scale systematic cheating is published by German weekly news magazine Der Speigel in their online edition about how Sheikh Mansour cheated to get man city to the top of English football.

Unread 17-02-2020, 06:16 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
just let some of us enjoy something football-related for once ffs
sorry, ill drink from the shoe if it makes you feel better.

Unread 17-02-2020, 06:20 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
sorry, ill drink from the shoe if it makes you feel better.
Get your own pissy shoe

Unread 17-02-2020, 06:27 PM
Chris Quayd

"A consultants’ report written for the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi stated that the Abu Dhabi government, not Etihad itself, was “covering” the airline’s sponsorship of Manchester City in 2010, according to a 2015 US aviation industry document."

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ent-not-etihad

Glad I was sitting down for this news.

Unread 17-02-2020, 06:28 PM
silv

Quote:
Get your own pissy shoe
I'll do many things for you Ned Kelly

Unread 17-02-2020, 06:29 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
"A consultants’ report written for the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi stated that the Abu Dhabi government, not Etihad itself, was “covering” the airline’s sponsorship of Manchester City in 2010, according to a 2015 US aviation industry document."

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ent-not-etihad

Glad I was sitting down for this news.
I don't think we need any further evidence of why they should be stripped of every title and cup they have won since Abu Dhabi bought them.

Unread 17-02-2020, 06:38 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Pep managing a team with Mike the tiler and bin man Dave in it

Mike won't be able to play, he slashed his finger tiling a ladies shithouse in Reddish.

Unread 17-02-2020, 06:40 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Mike won't be able to play, he slashed his finger tiling a ladies shithouse in Reddish.
Roma hasn’t quite worked out for him then.

Unread 17-02-2020, 07:21 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Ffs

Unread 17-02-2020, 07:41 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
When the original annoncement came in september 2008 that sheikh mansour had bough manchester city. I do remember thinking to myself, that "I will give this 10 years before this will all blow up into city's face as they clearly intend cheat now ". Fast forward and just few months after 10th year anniversary of Sheikh Mansour's takeover evidence of manchester city's large scale systematic cheating is published by German weekly news magazine Der Speigel in their online edition about how Sheikh Mansour cheated to get man city to the top of English football.
Bot tripdector alert

Unread 17-02-2020, 07:56 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Class

Unread 17-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Unread 17-02-2020, 10:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Not sure you're young enough now tbf.
Oi pal, I'm still fully compos mentis I will have you know

Unread 18-02-2020, 03:41 PM
Fat Al

Uh-oh. Someone at The Gruniad didn't get their share from the brown envelope.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...oeS2sCpvscShYc

Unread 18-02-2020, 03:58 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Uh-oh. Someone at The Gruniad didn't get their share from the brown envelope.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...oeS2sCpvscShYc
Martin Samuel probably got theirs.

It does raise an interesting question of who else they misrepresented to though. It’s not as though their relationship with UEFA exists in a vacuum. There are other entities - most notably Government agencies - that, presumably, they’d have had to match their declarations to otherwise the smoking gun would have been obvious. You’d have to imagine there are other interested parties to this whole thing.

Unread 18-02-2020, 05:25 PM
Jethro

Unread 18-02-2020, 05:57 PM
AK14

God I hope this talk about them having a full dossier of dirt on other clubs is actually true and they’ve got so much shit on Liverpool

Would be funny as £#%&! to see a shit slinging contest between the two of them and there’s history there with all that hacking stuff from a while back.

Unread 18-02-2020, 08:06 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
God I hope this talk about them having a full dossier of dirt on other clubs is actually true and they’ve got so much shit on Liverpool

Would be funny as £#%&! to see a shit slinging contest between the two of them and there’s history there with all that hacking stuff from a while back.
City, Liverpool and Barca stripped of all trophies back to 2005 - they'd be on 18 & 4, we'd be on 22 & 5. A man can dream.

Unread 18-02-2020, 08:08 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
City, Liverpool and Barca stripped of all trophies back to 2005 - they'd be on 18 & 4, we'd be on 22 & 5. A man can dream.
Mate if this does come true I'd treat you to an all expenses paid weekend bender for the sage
Closed Thread