United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Reply
 
Unread 10-01-2020, 11:00 AM
Spock
 
Default Holiday suggestions

Right, gimme some suggestions... I take my daughter (12) away for a week in August and need some inspiration. Short haul preferably, the only must have is a decent pool or beach and Cities are fine. Went to Berlin last year and it was superb, sightseeing in the morning then back to the hotel late afternoon and hit the pool etc.

Done the Algarve before, Norn Ireland, Cyprus

Thinking maybe Lisbon, Bordeaux, San Sebastian?
 
Unread 10-01-2020, 11:05 AM
no fun
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Right, gimme some suggestions... I take my daughter (12) away for a week in August and need some inspiration. Short haul preferably, the only must have is a decent pool or beach and Cities are fine. Went to Berlin last year and it was superb, sightseeing in the morning then back to the hotel late afternoon and hit the pool etc.

Done the Algarve before, Norn Ireland, Cyprus

Thinking maybe Lisbon, Bordeaux, San Sebastian?
Taormina in sicily

Great beach, loads of hotels, mount etna nearby
 
Unread 10-01-2020, 11:05 AM
waynes ear's
 
Default

Tehran sounds nice
 
Unread 10-01-2020, 11:07 AM
AK14
 
Default

Atrium Palace, Rhodes.

Been many times and itís always been very good, although I havenít been couple of years.

In a nice quiet area but with quite a few restaurants and only about 10-15 minutes (car/taxi) from lindos which is a lot more lively with more restaurants and shops. Resort is right on the beach, which is pebble not sand (the only downside tbf) so youíll need those little water proof daps if like me youíre a wimp.
 
Unread 10-01-2020, 11:07 AM
Baron
 
Default

San Sebastian is wonderful, but I'm not sure you'd want to cart a 12 year old around. It's got a great beach & it's great for wandering around the old town, stopping for pintxos & a glass of txakoli getting steadily pissed before plotting yourself down for the tasting menu somewhere. Unless your kid loves great food?

A few friends with kids that age head to Croatia, the Dalmation coast.

Also, rather than Bordeaux - have a look at le petit train jaune @ villefranche-de-conflent around the Pyrenees.
 
Unread 10-01-2020, 11:17 AM
Drexl
 
Default

Maker her do jobs around your gaff for 1/5th of the money you would have spent on a holiday.

You'll be happy, she'll be minted, house will be ship shape absolute win-win-win situation

...or Scottish Highlands, nice little cottage by a loch, feeding the seals early morning ARF ARF ARF
 
Unread 10-01-2020, 11:21 AM
Albert Tatlock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Right, gimme some suggestions... I take my daughter (12) away for a week in August and need some inspiration. Short haul preferably, the only must have is a decent pool or beach and Cities are fine. Went to Berlin last year and it was superb, sightseeing in the morning then back to the hotel late afternoon and hit the pool etc.

Done the Algarve before, Norn Ireland, Cyprus

Thinking maybe Lisbon, Bordeaux, San Sebastian?
Pity it's only a week, otherwise you could have done Florida, Orlando and the theme parks.
 
Unread 10-01-2020, 11:21 AM
Spock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
San Sebastian is wonderful, but I'm not sure you'd want to cart a 12 year old around. It's got a great beach & it's great for wandering around the old town, stopping for pintxos & a glass of txakoli getting steadily pissed before plotting yourself down for the tasting menu somewhere. Unless your kid loves great food?

A few friends with kids that age head to Croatia, the Dalmation coast.

Also, rather than Bordeaux - have a look at le petit train jaune @ villefranche-de-conflent around the Pyrenees.
she does love great food actually, seafood especially so could be a goer, plus i really really want to go here https://asadoretxebarri.com/index-eng.html that said possibly another time. Cheers freds, some great suggestions already
 
Unread 10-01-2020, 11:22 AM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Majorca.

Keep it simple.

Cala D'or / Cala Bona
 
Unread 10-01-2020, 11:25 AM
Spock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
Maker her do jobs around your gaff for 1/5th of the money you would have spent on a holiday.

You'll be happy, she'll be minted, house will be ship shape absolute win-win-win situation

...or Scottish Highlands, nice little cottage by a loch, feeding the seals early morning ARF ARF ARF
hmm, Scotland... eaten seal flipper pie in Newfoundland as well
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Holiday suggestions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some suggestions for a family holiday Child of Darkness Off Topic 11 03-04-2017 03:44 PM
name suggestions Chorlton74 Off Topic 81 01-02-2010 12:49 PM
Suggestions please believe Off Topic 14 25-05-2009 12:44 PM
holiday suggestions n48 Off Topic 24 14-09-2007 01:50 PM
any suggestions on what i do with this? Chorlton74 Off Topic 8 22-08-2007 09:53 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:01 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.