United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 19-11-2013, 06:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Two grammar securitate agents on my case:shakehead:

Defending the indefensible Atticus? thought that was what you do for a living Expect it from the memory man of cumbria, that post was about two years ago.....
Wasn't actually referring to you specifically there, tbf.

There are certain posters on here who do it all the £#%&!ing time

Unread 19-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I'm not sure what you do professionally but more or less every finance professional accepts that this was a high risk, high reward strategy at a very bullish period for majorly indebted buyouts just three years before world wide financial meltdown - as you've acknowledged, the fact it hinged on the health and well being of a man in his late 60s made it even more precarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the problem with this line about finance professionals at the time and still today is that most of these people knew £#%&! all about football and everything they know now is thanks to watching this takeover
So why are you so different? Do indulge us.

Unread 19-11-2013, 08:44 PM
ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

Unread 19-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Mad Jack

Let me start off by saying that we have had a lot of success in the past 8 years in spite of the Glazers and not because of them. Although I hate the current regime I find it difficult to blame the Glazers. Somehow our country allows foreign businessmen buy one of our sporting clubs purely on a debt. Whilst I'm not totally wet behind the ears in business I do feel that such popular pastimes such as elite football clubs, being our national sport and with the following that generates, should not be available for foreign ownership. And certainly not own the ownership done so via a loan.
How a national businessman did not spot this opportunity is beyond me. Where were the Red Knights when the Glazers were snapping up all our shares? It was hardly done secretly.
It is beyond frustrating how a club the size of ours no longer competes with the elite of Europe in the transfer market due to huge loan repayments and managerial fees. But the truth is the Glazers will be going nowhere. And why should they? If I was on as much a lucrative deal as they are it would take a mind blowing bid to get rid of me as well.

Unread 19-11-2013, 09:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
So why are you so different? Do indulge us.
isn't it enough that you're right without inflicting his response on the rest of us?

I even let the bit about bankers who are football sages slide.

Unread 19-11-2013, 10:37 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
So Throb was right all along, again?

Well fancy that...
Not only that, it's the implication that everyone else was wrong. There are plenty of us who thought the glazer takeover would damage rather than cripple the club and I would argue that we were right.

It was a huge gamble to load the club with previously unimaginable debt and that debt has clearly had an impact on how the club had operated. Give me the same period without the debt and we would be a better club now.

Were the doomsayers that said that this was the end of the club right? No.
Is the club better for the glazer takeover? Is it £#%&!.

Unread 19-11-2013, 10:38 PM
thrush

9 pages on this shit.

Ronaldo, Tevez out

Valencia, Obertan, Owen in

Nothing else needs to be said.

Unread 19-11-2013, 11:02 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Not only that, it's the implication that everyone else was wrong. There are plenty of us who thought the glazer takeover would damage rather than cripple the club and I would argue that we were right.

It was a huge gamble to load the club with previously unimaginable debt and that debt has clearly had an impact on how the club had operated. Give me the same period without the debt and we would be a better club now.

Were the doomsayers that said that this was the end of the club right? No.
Is the club better for the glazer takeover? Is it £#%&!.
I hope you're embarrassed about your recent throb love-in.

Unread 19-11-2013, 11:15 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Jack
Let me start off by saying that we have had a lot of success in the past 8 years in spite of the Glazers and not because of them. Although I hate the current regime I find it difficult to blame the Glazers. Somehow our country allows foreign businessmen buy one of our sporting clubs purely on a debt. Whilst I'm not totally wet behind the ears in business I do feel that such popular pastimes such as elite football clubs, being our national sport and with the following that generates, should not be available for foreign ownership. And certainly not own the ownership done so via a loan.
How a national businessman did not spot this opportunity is beyond me. Where were the Red Knights when the Glazers were snapping up all our shares? It was hardly done secretly.
It is beyond frustrating how a club the size of ours no longer competes with the elite of Europe in the transfer market due to huge loan repayments and managerial fees. But the truth is the Glazers will be going nowhere. And why should they? If I was on as much a lucrative deal as they are it would take a mind blowing bid to get rid of me as well.
If this is madness i don't wanna be sane baby.

Unread 19-11-2013, 11:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
If this is madness i don't wanna be sane baby.
zoltar says..... your wish is granted.

Unread 19-11-2013, 11:39 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I hope you're embarrassed about your recent throb love-in.
No, but it's good that he keeps throwing reminders around of how it used to be.

Feel far more guilty about accusing you of typing turd though.

Hug?