United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-01-2021, 10:20 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Just needs time imo.
Problem is, he can't play two games in a week let alone one.

Unread 21-01-2021, 10:30 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Our best option down the left at the moment is Rashford. However, if Cavani plays up front, we’re better off with Rashford down the right putting balls in early for Cavani to get on the end of.
Don’t think Cavani will get on the end of them tbh so no point even attempting a cross and his best option will be to run the ball straight out for a throw imo.

Unread 21-01-2021, 10:32 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Still rusty imo

Should start kicking on by end of March

Unread 21-01-2021, 10:33 AM
Dasilvatwins

Starting to lose my patience. Its more than just form now, he has been like this all season. He doesnt run with the ball, he doednt hold up the ball, he doesnt run the channels or get into good positions , unless its on a counter (anybody can run when there is bags of space).

His work rate has improved but he still looks half arsed and doesnt always commit himself(compare to cavani last night).

He cant head to save his life , the psg own goal and the chelsea corner were terrible, think he was at near post for the southampton and west ham corners aswell.

He is lucky he is a better option than james and mata as he still has it in him to produce moments of magic. Unfortunately for us the moments of magic have been limited to 2-3 times this season.

He needs to start improving fast otherwise if we do sign another CF and diallo and greenwood kick on he could find himself playing as a 3rd winger/striker in the squad.

Unread 21-01-2021, 10:33 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Still rusty imo
Apparently he missed a few games when he was 11 because of chicken pox and he’s probably still recovering, Which is understandable tbf.

Unread 21-01-2021, 10:47 AM
Jack Duckworth

he should have had the ball in the net at least twice last night.

i'd love to see his shots/headers to goals ratio (i wouldn't). he misses too many for me, clive.

Unread 21-01-2021, 10:59 AM
Drexl

He had a header last night that he stooped for: he should have blasted it imo.

Power over placement in our gaff

Unread 21-01-2021, 11:06 AM
Hyman_Roth

I just can’t see how we can win the league with such an ineffective strike force. All four of them are decent but none of them are great. Or not yet great.

Martial has been hit and miss his whole career - he’s played under multiple managers, has had both poor and decent players around him, has been at the club for over 5 seasons (is it) yet still can’t produce on any kind of consistent basis. Frustratingly, there’s huge talent buried underneath but I’m not sure we should be the club with the patience to nurture that out of him. We haven’t won the league for 8 seasons ffs. We will have a chance over the next 2/3 years and we need players that can deliver.

He really could do with turning it around this season fast.

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:16 PM
Ronny

United are much bigger than Martial.he wears the number 9 and plays most weeks.
I don't expect him to score loads of goals but he must try his hardest for the team, honest triers are almost as useful as stars to the team.
His attitude is unacceptable his form is excusable.

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
I don't expect him to score loads of goals but he must try his hardest for the team, honest triers are almost as useful as stars to the team.
Hell yeah

Unread 21-01-2021, 02:01 PM
Buck

Perfect occasion to kickstart his season at the weekend. He'll come good again.

Unread 21-01-2021, 02:20 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Perfect occasion to kickstart his season at the weekend. He'll come good again.
Agree. Halfway through the season always the best time to kickstart your season.

Not holding out though. Maybe Easter?

It's annoying because a Martial who puts in the effort and looks at least half arsed would be a wonderful thing.

Unread 21-01-2021, 02:23 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Perfectly put.

Was getting a lot of praise when he was trying his heart out. Now look.

Irredeemable backslider.

Ole will bin him off.

Unread 21-01-2021, 02:25 PM
History

His off the ball movement is terrible. Always wants the ball to feet so he can stand the defender up.

He was lazy last night. It wouldn't of gone un noticed.

Unread 21-01-2021, 02:38 PM
Palmer

Ole loves him and rightly so. We can't win the league without this guy finding some form.

Unread 21-01-2021, 02:39 PM
Drexl

I kinda get the impression Ole is forced to play Martial by those above him because of Martial's potential/price

As for me:

Unread 21-01-2021, 02:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
I kinda get the impression Ole is forced to play Martial by those above him because of Martial's potential/price

As for me:

Like Pogba has it in his contract that he must start every game?

Unread 21-01-2021, 02:47 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Like Pogba has it in his contract that he must start every game?
no

Unread 21-01-2021, 03:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer
Ole loves him and rightly so. We can't win the league without this guy finding some form.
So what you’re basically saying is we need our main striker to actually start scoring goals if we want any chance of winning the league.

Pretty ground breaking stuff that pal.

Unread 21-01-2021, 03:32 PM
Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
So what you’re basically saying is we need our main striker to actually start scoring goals if we want any chance of winning the league.

Pretty ground breaking stuff that pal.
It wasn't a hot take just a gentle reminder.