United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-12-2020, 01:09 PM
MagnificentSeven

never quite the world class player he was at chelsea for us, and i think because of that he disappointed a few, especially as we signed him when the moyesification of our team was in full effect and we needed a lift. although tbf, moyes, lvg, jose and ole all kept playing him on the wing, when his best position was in the middle, behind the striker.

but still nontheless a consistent performer who has had his share of good games for us, and he has clearly been proud to play for manchester united. his performance at anfield in 2015 is one of the best post-fergie performances by a united player.

plus he's the nicest man in football, and i wish him all the best wherever he goes. hugs.

Unread 27-12-2020, 03:15 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
never quite the world class player he was at chelsea for us, and i think because of that he disappointed a few, especially as we signed him when the moyesification of our team was in full effect and we needed a lift. although tbf, moyes, lvg, jose and ole all kept playing him on the wing, when his best position was in the middle, behind the striker.

but still nontheless a consistent performer who has had his share of good games for us, and he has clearly been proud to play for manchester united. his performance at anfield in 2015 is one of the best post-fergie performances by a united player.

plus he's the nicest man in football, and i wish him all the best wherever he goes. hugs.

Unread 27-12-2020, 08:56 PM
redhegemony

Always gives his best, never complains , a model professional. Bright intelligent player, the rate we are going could be in line for our DoF.

Unread 27-12-2020, 08:57 PM
92ToBury

Can we not please keep him until Lingard has gone. Juan has done a good job of keeping that twonk out of the team. I genuinely hope Jesse’s next shit is a cactus.

Unread 27-12-2020, 08:58 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Can we not please keep him until Lingard has gone. Juan has done a good job of keeping that twonk out of the team. I genuinely hope Jesse’s next shit is a cactus.
Plenty in front of the Lingz including Romero

Unread 27-12-2020, 09:01 PM
Palmer

Unless we've got guys coming in it makes no sense to let anyone leave in Jan. We need a team of shit @#%&!s for the europa

Unread 27-12-2020, 10:06 PM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Always gives his best, never complains , a model professional. Bright intelligent player, the rate we are going could be in line for our DoF.
This. Not sure why people want to get rid of him.

Unread 27-12-2020, 10:07 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Plenty in front of the Lingz including Romero
He seeped on to the bench the other day. Better safe than sorry.

Unread 27-12-2020, 10:09 PM
AK14

Shouldn’t be sold until the summer imo

Can play in the Bruno role for the europa and also a good pro for the likes of Pelestri and the other incoming kid to look up to.

Unread 28-12-2020, 07:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Of all the squad players to sell, he’d be bottom of the list.

Would keep.

Unread 28-12-2020, 07:59 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Would keep.
this.

he's not at the top of his game an anymore, but at times, he's absolutely mint.

Unread 28-12-2020, 08:01 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Would keep.
It's probably a wages thing. But I agree.

Unread 28-12-2020, 08:02 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
this.

Very useful sub to change the game up when a team has parked the bus.

Unread 28-12-2020, 08:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
this.

Yep. He’s smart, good on the ball, a good finisher and a good pro. In the right kind of games, he’s worth having.

Can’t say the same for most of the shit that barely plays.

Unread 28-12-2020, 08:11 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Yep. He’s smart, good on the ball, a good finisher and a good pro. In the right kind of games, he’s worth having.

Can’t say the same for most of the shit that barely plays.
absolutely - can't say he's a 90 min player, but give him time (as in more than 10 mins) and he can pick a lock. and he doesn't stick the club out in terms of attitude.

Unread 28-12-2020, 08:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
absolutely - can't say he's a 90 min player, but give him time (as in more than 10 mins) and he can pick a lock. and he doesn't stick the club out in terms of attitude.
That attitude is important, especially in a squad player. So many of them let us down and/or remind us of why we don’t want them, but he’s usually solid in terms of what he does well. Players like him and Cavani are the kind we need.

Could we not just shave a couple of inches and @#%&!tishness off Lingard and send him instead?

Unread 28-12-2020, 08:24 PM
elhombre

Quote:
That attitude is important, especially in a squad player. So many of them let us down and/or remind us of why we don’t want them, but he’s usually solid in terms of what he does well. Players like him and Cavani are the kind we need.

Could we not just shave a couple of inches and @#%&!tishness off Lingard and send him instead?

I think the current financial situation of the club may mean we have to actually think about who we sign and what impact they may have.... see also: Zlatan...

Unread 28-12-2020, 08:32 PM
Vida_15

£#%&! me....i'd sell lingard, rojo, jones, romero, dalot before i'd sell Mata

Unread 28-12-2020, 08:35 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
£#%&! me....i'd sell lingard, rojo, jones, romero, dalot before i'd sell Mata
Good luck finding a club that will pay the wages for those shit@#%&!s.

Unread 28-12-2020, 08:36 PM
Vida_15

sadly we found one in manchester that we £#%&!ing dumb enough to renew contracts for lingard, rojo and jones
Closed Thread