United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2014, 01:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
this is what lawless sits at home pressing F5 for.
Funny 'cos its true

Unread 08-03-2014, 02:04 PM
denis lawless

Unread 08-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Kenwright, even
Aye, and him

Unread 08-03-2014, 09:25 PM
andyroo

The only Dave I want to see the back of is the £#%&!ing manager

Unread 08-03-2014, 09:30 PM
aardvark

Wum

Unread 10-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Grimson

Gladbach have signed Yann Sommer to replace Ter Stegen.

Ter Stegen is a great keeper, despite the two bloopers posted.

Dave won't go back to Spain for at least 5 years.

Have a fine afternoon.

Unread 10-03-2014, 02:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

Have a fine afternoon.
There have been suggestions that Real Madrid have tapped up Courtois and turned his head for a move there, too. Would be nice.

Unread 10-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Have a fine afternoon.
Grimson quietly swaggers in and drops a ten tonne truth bomb on website hit rumours.

Unread 10-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
There have been suggestions that Real Madrid have tapped up Courtois and turned his head for a move there, too. Would be nice.
I wouldn't be surprised if they had. Would be a tough one to make happen tho, between Jose blocking it, the Madrid rivalry, and Casillas's camp going into meltdown.

Unread 10-03-2014, 02:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they had. Would be a tough one to make happen tho, between Jose blocking it, the Madrid rivalry, and Casillas's camp going into meltdown.
Very odd what is going on there atm. Casillas is still Spain's No.1 but can't get a game for Madrid, and Madrid's Spanish No.1 can't get a game for Spain Yet Casillas reckons he's happy to stay at Madrid for life

Unread 10-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Very odd what is going on there atm. Casillas is still Spain's No.1 but can't get a game for Madrid, and Madrid's Spanish No.1 can't get a game for Spain Yet Casillas reckons he's happy to stay at Madrid for life
It is odd. Two managers with glittering CVs have decided Diego Lopez is better. Casillas's cult of personality is all out of standing with his current ability. It helps that he came into prominence during a downturn in Spanish goalkeeping, and of course captaining Spain to three straight major trophies doesn't hurt.

Unread 10-03-2014, 03:04 PM
dodger

Quote:
It is odd. Two managers with glittering CVs have decided Diego Lopez is better. Casillas's cult of personality is all out of standing with his current ability. It helps that he came into prominence during a downturn in Spanish goalkeeping, and of course captaining Spain to three straight major trophies doesn't hurt.
Has Casillas gone down the pan? I've not watched him for well over 18 months. I can't say I was ever very impressed by Diego though.

Unread 10-03-2014, 03:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Has Casillas gone down the pan? I've not watched him for well over 18 months. I can't say I was ever very impressed by Diego though.
Made a couple of top saves when I saw him recently, can't remember if it was Madrid's last cup game or Spain v Italy though. Think it was for Spain.

Unread 10-03-2014, 03:18 PM
ryanMUFC

Unless he's some kind of dark horse, Casillas doesn't seem to have this type of big personality imo. From his body language to seeing him on spanish TV the odd time he doesn't come across as so done having a huge ego. Being top dog in the sticks for Madrid and Spain since a teenager can't do your ego any harm though I guess.

Diego Lopez has been impressive since he got into the side, he had good games against us in the CL. Barcelona will come for De Gea though, I'm certain of this.

Unread 10-03-2014, 03:27 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Barcelona will come for De Gea though, I'm certain of this.
What are you basing this on?

Unread 10-03-2014, 03:32 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
What are you basing this on?
Victor valdes leaving, daves girlfriend lives in Barcelona, he's not completely settled here, probably increases his chance of becoming Spanish number 1. Etc.

Just seems inevitable.

Unread 10-03-2014, 03:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Victor valdes leaving, daves girlfriend lives in Barcelona, he's not completely settled here, probably increases his chance of becoming Spanish number 1. Etc.

Just seems inevitable.
Read the thread. Nailed on to sign Ter Stegen from Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Unread 10-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Just seems inevitable.
Again, based on what?

Unread 10-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Just seems inevitable.
Dave's been nailing a Spanish girl here for ages....

Unread 10-03-2014, 04:02 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Read the thread. Nailed on to sign Ter Stegen from Borussia Mönchengladbach.
It would be risky taking a keeper that has won nothing and played for a mid table German side to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Especially when they are rebuilding their defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Again, based on what?
Always seems to be something on him in UWS about him being unsettled, might just be the impression I get..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Dave's been nailing a Spanish girl here for ages....
Sly dog. But like I've been asked twice..what are you basing this on? Wingman?Witness? Cameraman?
Closed Thread