andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Phelan needs to stfu. Clueless #@&%!.

Unread 25-10-2013, 09:22 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
tbh, Phelan had no idea Fergie was packing it in till the day it was actually announced, so I have trouble believing he had any sort of insight into United’s long term transfer targets.

Fergie & Gill weren’t exactly bringing in world class talent every summer while they were running the club, preferring dogshit like Owen while @#%&!ing us off with nonsense about “brilliant youngsters” that never got a game and the lack of “value in the market” that saw the likes of Silva, Toure, Ozil etc all move for very reasonable prices.

Moyes may be a useless clown, but this is just a bit of a cheap shot from shorts tbh.
Pretty much this - Lord Govan just danced to what ever budgetary tune the glazers played and his record in the marquee signings market was hardly earth shattering.......

Unread 25-10-2013, 09:26 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
we'd get a lot, if not all of the money back through shirt sales etc and Madrid is as cold as Manchester in the winter - he can go where he likes in the summer. Not totally convinced but.......
Everyone always seems to not understand our shirt deal with Nike. We get paid a fixed figure no matter how many shirts Nike sells so whether it's Ronaldo in the number 7 shirt or Bebe would not make a blind bit of difference in how much we make from the shirt deal

I'm sure it's cold in Madrid in the winter but I doubt it's as bad as England and I'm sure during most of the season it is a hell of a lot warmer than England
Also the culture in Spain is more suited to a Latin player

Just can't see him ever coming back especially while still in his prime.
This %@#$&!s that he loves us and that's why he will come back is ridiculous as he was loved at the club while he was here but was happy to agitate for a move to Madrid straight after we won the European Cup

Unread 25-10-2013, 09:28 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Pretty much this - Lord Govan just danced to what ever budgetary tune the glazers played and his record in the marquee signings market was hardly earth shattering.......
Rather strange that a club which, according to Phelan, was prepared to buy back the most expensive footballer in history under it’s previous regime instead spent the summer low balling a succession of clubs, failing to sign anyone of note

Unread 25-10-2013, 09:48 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Rather strange that a club which, according to Phelan, was prepared to buy back the most expensive footballer in history under it’s previous regime instead spent the summer low balling a succession of clubs, failing to sign anyone of note
if it was another club it would be hilarious but it's not, it's ours (or what used to pass as ours):shakehead:

Unread 25-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
tbh, Phelan had no idea Fergie was packing it in till the day it was actually announced, so I have trouble believing he had any sort of insight into United’s long term transfer targets.

Fergie & Gill weren’t exactly bringing in world class talent every summer while they were running the club, preferring dogshit like Owen while @#%&!ing us off with nonsense about “brilliant youngsters” that never got a game and the lack of “value in the market” that saw the likes of Silva, Toure, Ozil etc all move for very reasonable prices.

Moyes may be a useless clown, but this is just a bit of a cheap shot from shorts tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Everyone always seems to not understand our shirt deal with Nike. We get paid a fixed figure no matter how many shirts Nike sells so whether it's Ronaldo in the number 7 shirt or Bebe would not make a blind bit of difference in how much we make from the shirt deal

I'm sure it's cold in Madrid in the winter but I doubt it's as bad as England and I'm sure during most of the season it is a hell of a lot warmer than England
Also the culture in Spain is more suited to a Latin player

Just can't see him ever coming back especially while still in his prime.
This %@#$&!s that he loves us and that's why he will come back is ridiculous as he was loved at the club while he was here but was happy to agitate for a move to Madrid straight after we won the European Cup
probably nailed it between you

If there was anything on with CR, he wouldn't've taken all summer to think about it - he'd've given us the el bow as soon as he knew Fergle was off and the ensuing farce with supposed transfer targets and dare I even say Pogba might not have been so bad had Gill still been here. Although CR and his agent probably played the rumours for all it was worth and got the contract they wanted. Regarding the shirt sales, we'd still be able to cut a better deal (only just done) with CR on board but I did read something about RM getting their dough back pretty quickly after CR signed through shirt sales. Maybe bollox, dunno.

Unread 25-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Pete's Shoes

Also think CR and his agents waited to see how much they were paying Bale before politely pointing out CR is ten times as good and should therefore be paid 10 times as much

Unread 25-10-2013, 11:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
probably nailed it between you

If there was anything on with CR, he wouldn't've taken all summer to think about it - he'd've given us the el bow as soon as he knew Fergle was off and the ensuing farce with supposed transfer targets and dare I even say Pogba might not have been so bad had Gill still been here. Although CR and his agent probably played the rumours for all it was worth and got the contract they wanted. Regarding the shirt sales, we'd still be able to cut a better deal (only just done) with CR on board but I did read something about RM getting their dough back pretty quickly after CR signed through shirt sales. Maybe bollox, dunno.

He £#%&!ed off while Gill was on watch...
Closed Thread