United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 15-09-2021, 06:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I think he needs to accept he doesn't have a future and move on.

Fact he got hooked instead of Fred says it all.
It really does #teamfred

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:13 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Yep, it says that Ole wanted to play defensive to hold out against the magnificent Young Boys.

VDB didn't put a foot wrong, but he's the wrong player for our risk averse manager.

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:18 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yep, it says that Ole wanted to play defensive to hold out against the magnificent Young Boys.

VDB didn't put a foot wrong, but he's the wrong player for our risk averse manager.
This.

I love Ole but I’m starting to think he needs to buck his ideas up.

Difficult one to judge though with the whole 10 man thing but personally I’d give Mozam a good, hard run in the team.

Sadly Matic is not going to be available every game but de Beek should be one of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Still think Lindelof should move to midfield too…would be a good pair and provide such a solid foundation, Balfour Beatty would want to use them in constructing an Arab skyscraper.

Mozam has loads to offer.

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:38 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

Fred had one of his good game in five last night tbf to him. How DVB got dragged for instead of Pogba is the real question.

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:58 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Fred had one of his good game in five last night tbf to him. How DVB got dragged for instead of Pogba is the real question.
Fred ran around a lot but was still shit

Sick of seeing him getting shrugged off every challenge he attempts.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Ole would never have the nuts to drag Pogba at HT, cmon.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:31 AM
dunk

Poor decision to take off a player prepared to take care of the ball and move it quickly in that situation.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:29 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
This… how him and Lingard are getting game time when they’re not prepared to renew is a joke. Get them in the reserves.

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:16 AM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
This… how him and Lingard are getting game time when they’re not prepared to renew is a joke. Get them in the reserves.
Exactly. If Pogba won't sign a contract he shouldn't even be in the squad. Might as well get used to playing without him as soon as possible. Also think he's a large part of the problem with playing too slowly as he's always fannying around on the ball. He's also often the source of absolute shite teams running through us as he's dispossessed way too much.
A luxury player who would be useful if all the other components were in place but they're not.
A midfielder who can't play in midfield.

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:22 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
Exactly. If Pogba won't sign a contract he shouldn't even be in the squad. Might as well get used to playing without him as soon as possible. Also think he's a large part of the problem with playing too slowly as he's always fannying around on the ball. He's also often the source of absolute shite teams running through us as he's dispossessed way too much.
A luxury player who would be useful if all the other components were in place but they're not.
A midfielder who can't play in midfield.
Demoralising a talent like Beek for a player who wants out.
Great man management.

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:30 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Great man management.
Or, trying to utilise the clubs most expensive player and mercurial talent at the expense of a midfielder you get the sense the manager never really wanted.

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:32 AM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Great man management.
Pogba seems to decide whether he plays or not. The rumour that new contract talks might be or are happening should be enough to keep him in the team before he inevitably signs a pre contract with Madrid in January.
Mourinho couldn't manage Pogba - don't think Ole has much of a chance.

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:18 PM
red in cumbria

People upthread seem to be implying he was almost like Messi when he played last night. Yet another lightweight, anonymous performance in reality - that's why he was hooked.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:50 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
People upthread seem to be implying he was almost like Messi when he played last night. Yet another lightweight, anonymous performance in reality - that's why he was hooked.
No, it's not. He was hooked because Wan-Bissaka was sent off.

Not that I agree with the decision but he wasn't hooked because he was shit, he wasn't shit. But maybe Ole didn't have the bravery to hook pogba/bruno/ronaldo.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Incorrect, try watching the game....

He was breaking up play well and moving the ball on, he was subbed because wan bissaka can't control a football ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Not that I agree with the decision but he wasn't hooked because he was shit, he wasn't shit. But maybe Ole didn't have the bravery to hook pogba/bruno/ronaldo.
Should have pulled Fred....

He's a hindrance

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:56 PM
dunk

Fred's interception led to our goal. He does lots of good stuff, he just matches it with lots of shit stuff.

DvdB did £#%&! all wrong and was growing into it. A braver manager would've taken the view that he and Sancho needed the minutes and should've stayed on and Pogba or Bruno should've made way (Pogba).

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

I didn't say he was "shit", I said he didn't actually do that much.

Given that, his being taken off when we went down to 10 wasn't a huge surprise.

Unread 16-09-2021, 03:13 AM
shenwen

Quote:
I didn't say he was "shit", I said he didn't actually do that much.

Given that, his being taken off when we went down to 10 wasn't a huge surprise.
At 10 men, you don't take off a midfielder who is good at holding and distributing the ball. In fact, it's exactly what you shouldn't do.

The only reason it wasn't a surprise was because Ole.

Unread 16-09-2021, 06:39 AM
westcoastvan

Granted I only watched the game half heartedly, Donny played good despite the yellow card, but....

it's almost like his passes were two fast for United players response times. Hence Wan Bissaka's red card.

I don't think this is Donny's fault, fast passes are good, it probably speaks more to the coaching style of the management more than anything else....I imagine???

Unread 16-09-2021, 08:03 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Granted I only watched the game half heartedly, Donny played good despite the yellow card, but....

it's almost like his passes were two fast for United players response times. Hence Wan Bissaka's red card.

I don't think this is Donny's fault, fast passes are good, it probably speaks more to the coaching style of the management more than anything else....I imagine???
Question is whether your opinion would change if you watched the game wholeheartedly? Well?