United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-07-2023, 06:20 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
he won't get the game time here to rebuild anything like a decent reputation. I often think that anyone who's clearly not the future is just stealing game time from someone who might be. I'd prefer to see Hannibal get a crack tbh.
You can't just write off a £40m asset, you need to get something back. If we were Qatari owned then maybe, but the point is letting them leave or loaning for nothing is a fools errand, especially when there is a decent player in there.

Confidence & a system... I can see him backing up Mount for maybe 15 games or so in the season, there's no reason to flog players to death like we did last season if we have a squad that is in harmony. I see Donny as part of a bigger picture, he's not a Pogba or even a Maguire, he's currently an expensive failure but with mitigating circumstances.

Work hard, keep your head down. Cross your fingers you get a little run to prove you can thrive & who knows.

Unread 19-07-2023, 06:32 PM
armchair

Today I saw the future of Manchester United and his name is Donny.

Unread 19-07-2023, 06:56 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
You can't just write off a £40m asset, you need to get something back. If we were Qatari owned then maybe, but the point is letting them leave or loaning for nothing is a fools errand, especially when there is a decent player in there.

Confidence & a system... I can see him backing up Mount for maybe 15 games or so in the season, there's no reason to flog players to death like we did last season if we have a squad that is in harmony. I see Donny as part of a bigger picture, he's not a Pogba or even a Maguire, he's currently an expensive failure but with mitigating circumstances.

Work hard, keep your head down. Cross your fingers you get a little run to prove you can thrive & who knows.
But I think we can both agree he's not a 40m asset; you even said yourself best case scenario is 20m next Summer. What would a player like Hannibal be worth if he gets those minutes we're currently ascribing to vdb and really shines, then pushes onto the next level? Think about how much harder it would have been for the 92'ers to become what they became if the likes of Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis weren't moved on. Even Robbo and the likes of Phelan.

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:16 PM
windy waffles

Said he doesn't know if he will be staying...

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Said he doesn't know if he will be staying...
Happy now ?

Another red bullied some leaves the club / forum...

Have you no end ??

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Happy now ?

Have you no end ??
Between this and his incessant campaigns against Sancho, Rashford and it would appear Hojlund, it’s pretty clear he’s an absolute danger to United players.

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:52 PM
Dr Stranger

Tap in

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:54 PM
atticusgrinch

[TWICI]Can see Donny scoring a huge goal for us this season. Maybe a CL winner?

And he becomes manager in 20 years and doesn't know what he's doing.[/TWICI]

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:59 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Why do you just constantly shit on anything to do with this club? It's no wonder people constantly come for you and when they do you cry like a bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Between this and his incessant campaigns against Sancho, Rashford and it would appear Hojlund, it’s pretty clear he’s an absolute danger to United players.
Quote:
Happy now ?

Have you no end ??

Unread 19-07-2023, 09:06 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Lighten up ffs.

I'm just being consistent.

Love plenty of players. Casemiro, Martinez, Varane...

I call out shit players. And am usually spot on. Called Sancho from day one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Reuse of a gif but I'll let it slip.

Quote:
Happy now ?

Have you no end ??
Shut up you tart.

He's leaving because he isn't good enough.

Unread 19-07-2023, 09:08 PM
Patty_b

Whether he ends up being good enough or not. Giving everything he can to be as good as he can be is good enough for me.

Top lad

Unread 19-07-2023, 10:21 PM
shenwen

Didn't he score last pre season as well? Good for something at least

Still don't know where he plays. Always feel sorry for him though. Like a sad puppy. Everything's gone wrong since leaving Ajax. He'll be off soon enough.

Unread 20-07-2023, 09:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Just get him sold,along with the other shit@#%&!s

Unread 28-07-2023, 09:11 PM
Vedder

Unread 28-07-2023, 09:17 PM
Sparky***

We have sell Fred and Van der Beek before we can sign Amrabat ffs.

And people are expecting us to sign Kane

Unread 28-07-2023, 09:20 PM
dunk

Maybe we have to sell Beek and Fred to sign Amrabat because we’re keeping the money for Kane ring fenced in secret

Unread 28-07-2023, 09:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We have sell Fred and Van der Beek before we can sign Amrabat ffs.

And people are expecting us to sign Kane
We could go for Kane if the rest of the squad was in good shape but we had too many needs this summer to put all our eggs in the Kane basket

Next summer we could just target one main huge signing but this summer it’s three signings each in the 50 million range

Unread 28-07-2023, 09:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Please stay prince

Unread 28-07-2023, 09:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Please stay prince
Left us in 2016 pal a dark time

Unread 28-07-2023, 09:28 PM
Baron

I’d be into a cash and player swap for their player Zubimendi, stats like Rodri in their league before he left and linked with Real & Barca. He’s a class act.