United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:20 AM
Hands of Scone

Default Assuming no chnage of ownership - How Long Until Our Next Title?

No poll took too long making my breakfast.

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:23 AM
20LEgend1999

389 days

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:25 AM
Albert Tatlock

Depends on who the dof is and how much more money we have and how many of the youth are ready...

So anytime between one and twenty years

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:28 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

the way the whole club is rotten from the top down, i'm expecting a long run.

A decade imo

we have finished in the top 4 twice in the last 6 years for christ sake.

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:28 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Depends on who the dof is and how much more money we have and how many of the youth are ready...

So anytime between one and twenty years
It's going to be an internal appointment so I reckon 32 years.

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:29 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
we have finished in the top 4 twice in the last 6 years for christ sake.
And spent over £800m for that.

Let that those two stats together sink the £#%&! in.

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:34 AM
woody78

We are miles away atm.

If we start recruiting properly then maybe 3-4 years.

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:40 AM
Knockers

Liverpool came 4th last year, 25 points behind the champions, and everyone on here has been crying about them coming close to winning it this year. Anything could happen.

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Liverpool came 4th last year, 25 points behind the champions, and everyone on here has been crying about them coming close to winning it this year. Anything could happen.
you could also say they came 6pts off 2nd and were 2 goalkeeper howlers from being european cup winners.

I think we are way way behind that potential.

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:43 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Had to confirm that on google - forgot we came second last year.

Maybe Jose had some truth in what he was saying - come to think of it, a lot of what he said is ringing true at the moment. He just didn't go about it the right way - or just wanted a way out knowing things wouldn't change.

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:48 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
you could also say they came 6pts off 2nd and were 2 goalkeeper howlers from being european cup winners.

I think we are way way behind that potential.
We did come second.

We were a crossbar and a goalkeeping error from being in the hunt last night, before admittedly it went to shit.

Not saying we’ve got it in us to bum everyone senseless next year given a fair wind, but I’m also not not saying it.

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:50 AM
Seamus

3 years

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:53 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Liveprool have improved year on year under Klopp, individually and collectively. They've been building to this. That should be fairly obvious to anyone who has watched the premier league in recent seasons..

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:59 AM
75Red

8-10 years, depending on getting in a DoF and Woodward going. And the next managerial appointment.

Unread 17-04-2019, 08:03 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Liveprool have improved year on year under Klopp, individually and collectively. They've been building to this. That should be fairly obvious to anyone who has watched the premier league in recent seasons..
Good for them. I don’t know if I’d agree that signing Andy Robertson and putting James Milner in the team made their success an inevitability but I take your point. I’m saying it could easily happen for us too. The stars align and you get momentum and it works out. Before this fairly massive recent blip we had three months of title-winning form ffs.

Unread 17-04-2019, 08:05 AM
believe

Love people stating years like they've had a good think about it Fact is, we could win the league next season with the right signings just in the same way we might not win it for another 20 years. City and Liverpool have good teams but they're not set up for dominance like teams have in the past and are as likely to go ten years and not win it.

Unread 17-04-2019, 08:07 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Love people stating years like they've had a good think about it Fact is, we could win the league next season with the right signings just in the same way we might not win it for another 20 years. City and Liverpool have good teams but they're not set up for dominance like teams have in the past and are as likely to go ten years and not win it.
Have you seen their team/squad, pal? They are only going to get stronger in the summer.

Unread 17-04-2019, 08:10 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Have you seen their team/squad, pal? They are only going to get stronger in the summer.
City 100 pts last season, almost 100 this year despite no de bruyne all season. They will strengthen again and have young people like sterling bernardo silva sane laporte etc who will have another years experience.

I'm fearing city will be dominating hard for years to come.

Liverpool will struggle to match their pts total of this season next year.

Clownbones

Quote:
Good for them. I don’t know if I’d agree that signing Andy Robertson and putting James Milner in the team made their success an inevitability but I take your point. I’m saying it could easily happen for us too. The stars align and you get momentum and it works out. Before this fairly massive recent blip we had three months of title-winning form ffs.
Or does them being able to compensate for having Milner and Roberson show just how much their whole is greater than their sum of parts?

They lost Countinho and it hasn't mattered a jot .

They've built a team. They're not a team of stars, they are a good team that have found a way of playing that is blitzing this league and is gonna amass 97 points.

Sure, They've had some luck, but surely were all accustomed enough to winning down the years to know how luck tends to fall for you the more pressure you apply.

They will fully deserve to win the league if they do it and they'll have the highest points total ever to finish second it they don't.

And before this three month spell, we had four years of mediocrity .

That three months was the exception, not the rule.

Albert Tatlock

How long before the crybaby bet wetting girls on here stop whining and moaning when they don't get instant results when we change a manager.

Ole got 12 or more excellent results in his first 12 games. Now it's not going so well, but we need to find out exactly why this changed before we wet our knickers. I suspect it's the players, but what the £#%&! do I know
Closed Thread