United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:05 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

What’s the point in having Darmian on the bench though?

O’Connor or Laird or even Williams that was part of the travel game squad to Paris would be better.
Because He's a solid defender and can play anywhere across the back.

This is a game we need to win. There will be plenty of other time to put a token kid on the bench to look good.

I'm so glad young isn't there. Hopefully we'll actually have some supply from the right.

Good to see Fred getting some more minutes too.

Big game for that front three. They need to step up.

No Arnautovic for them is good news.

Their away record is terrible. We have no excuse to not win this game.

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Because He's a solid defender and can play anywhere across the back.

This is a game we need to win. There will be plenty of other time to put a token kid on the bench to look good.
It’s more than to look good tbf, it’s about planning for the future. Nothing wrong with having a couple of young prospects on the bench in place of dross like Darmian.

He hasn’t been seen for months and will most probably be sold in summer.

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
It’s more than to look good tbf, it’s about planning for the future. Nothing wrong with having a couple of young prospects on the bench in place of dross like Darmian.

He hasn’t been seen for months and will most probably be sold in summer.
It's one sub place mate. You're overthinking it..

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
It's one sub place mate. You're overthinking it..

Not really, Ole’s been talking the kids up for months. Then brings back Darmian and Paul Parker to sit on the bench.

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

Not really, Ole’s been talking the kids up for months. Then brings back Darmian and Paul Parker to sit on the bench.
I think he's talking more generally about the traditions of the club long-term. That doesn't mean we're immediately going to throw any kid in for any senior player.

This is a big game. We're short of full backs. Darmian can play anywhere across the back. As opposed to a kid who has never featured. It makes perfect sense. There's a time and a place and a position on the pitch. This isn't it.

We've lost 4 from 5. That's the real issue. I don't think nitpicking sub choices to suggest he isn't sincere about giving kids a chance is the way forward.

We have a 21 year old at left back. Greenwood is on the bench along with 3 other kids from our academy. I'm prepared to let this one slide

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:21 PM
ziggyman17

Why does he keep rotating Jones with Lindelof ??

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
I think he's talking more generally about the traditions of the club long-term. That doesn't mean we're immediately going to throw any kid in for any senior player.

This is a big game. We're short of full backs. Darmian can play anywhere across the back. As opposed to a kid who has never featured. It makes perfect sense. There's a time and a place and a position on the pitch. This isn't it.

We've lost 4 from 5. That's the real issue. I don't think nitpicking sub choices to suggest he isn't sincere about giving kids a chance is the way forward.

We have a 21 year old at left back. Greenwood is on the bench along with 3 other kids from our academy. I'm prepared to let this one slide
Mate...

Let me rant in peace.

I’ve been out shopping all morning, I need this...

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Clownbones

Thumbs up

Quote:
Mate...

Let me rant in peace.

I’ve been out shopping all morning, I need this...

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:28 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
He can't decide who's the shitest.

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:29 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Lindelof has looked knackered recently.

Clearly trying to freshen things up a bit.

There's some tired bodies out there these days.

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Cream

Fred really is looking sharper, busier.

Getting those defensive tackles in.

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Tronics

Martial gets caught like that way too often always waits for the ball to come to him

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Martial gets caught like that way too often always waits for the ball to come to him
The ball was shite tbf.

Terrible defending, as per.

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:41 PM
MartialLaw

That was tight.

Sloppy start

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:41 PM
Sparky***

Dalot played him on

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Clownbones

£#%&! me, we really know how to balls up attacks, don't we?

Mata plays the wrong ball, badly, to Dalot who puts a shit cross in.

AK14

Jesus

Wake up lads...

Started very poorly here.

believe

How is that offside?

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:43 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
How is that offside?
Because it was very close and the linesman thought he was offside mate.

Shite start again.

We're so sloppy and wasteful on the ball.

Unread 13-04-2019, 05:45 PM
ZiggyStardust

Martial is in desperate need of a lobotomy
Closed Thread