United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: What should we offer Paul?
Everything his heart desires. 16 29.09%
Ignore, he's a snake and a gobshite anyways. 29 52.73%
Sign senior players with quiet personalities, but make one of them Capt. 5 9.09%
Leave me out of it, I drive lorries for a living. 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2019, 12:05 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Thank you

It doesn't feel great, he should by now be lighting up the league....
I don't want to say I told people so, but........I did.

Unread 31-03-2019, 01:22 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
You never mentioned Matic ?

Have you got Essiens calculator....sums are AOTS. How much is this mysterious RB you don't name...

Bale would struggle like £#%&! in the prem.
You’re suggesting I’ve mentioned sums you flapping #@&%!.

Clear £50m from the Pogba sale and we will have enough for Rice and Neves.

I’ll defer right back selection to our scouts.

Unread 31-03-2019, 02:29 AM
Singy211291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Fantastic player, has shown that he can perform while sharing a dressing room with the likes of Pirlo, Buffon, even Zlatan.

But he's won a world cup since then and strikes me as someone who wants to be the main man. Captain. Highest paid player. Leader in the dressing room.

Hugs and co. are no threat to his ego, but what if we sign some senior players with %@#$&!s? Will he throw his toys out of the perambulator?

Remember Zlatan publicly patting him on the head?? I don't think that can happen anymore.

Obviously the @#%&! wants away to Real in the medium term, so that's another factor...

Ignore his needs, sign whomever the £#%&! we want. Or give him the keys to the kingdom in the hope he sticks around for a few more seasons?

You decide.
You cant build a team around one single player. 1st reason is that said player, then gains a form of power within the team. E.G, Deciding who to play alongside, thinks themselves as an exemption to certain rules, become over-complacent, too comfortable.

2nd reason, other players wont respond to favouritism, each player has to be treated with the same respect and the same management as the rest. No player wants to be in any teammates shadow.

Fergie said it right from the off, no player is bigger than the club. The manager is the big chief. No single player can ever be the face of the club

When you think Man Utd, you immediately picture the badge. Not a player. Each and every player, plays for the badge, the shirt, the fans and the history of our beautiful club.

So to answer bluntly, No. The squad should not be built around Pogba. It wasn't around Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Cole, Van Nistelrooy. All, and many more, who have contributed more to us.

Unread 31-03-2019, 05:20 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Thank you

It doesn't feel great, he should by now be lighting up the league....
A month ago and everyone was saying he was the best midfielder in the league. Form has dropped since then, as it does with all players.

Despite all nonsense, he’s had a very good season.
When he plays well, we play well.

Unread 31-03-2019, 05:32 AM
barkabal

Heads down for a full house..

what Ream said...

£#%&! the #@&%!

Unread 31-03-2019, 05:52 AM
My Name is Heath

Pogba is a super talented worldie.

Also a massive, unreliable #@&%! with a shit character.

Get rid.

Unread 31-03-2019, 06:23 AM
saffers

No one would want to sell him if he wasn't whoring himself to Madrid.

Even after his downing of tools earlier this season most of our fans rightly felt Mourinho's approach was shite with Pogba and supported him. And he turns around and says he dreams about Madrid after 3 years of not fulfilling his potential.....

Unread 31-03-2019, 08:58 AM
Coracao

No.

You need to be a genuine world class player who performs every week to a high level. Pogba isn't there and I have doubts he will get there. Still not sure where he should actually be played and not sure if a balanced team can be achieved with him in it, unless we clone Roy Keane.

How many players did Ferie 'build a team around'? Not many. Maybe Ruud and Ronaldo are arguable. And even the former is probably wrong as he got rid of his main provider. If someone slaps a ridiculous bid in (madrid, psg) then would be very tempted to get rid and attempt to have a proper go at revamping the midfield. It is piss poor.

Unread 31-03-2019, 09:16 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
No.

You need to be a genuine world class player who performs every week to a high level. Pogba isn't there and I have doubts he will get there. Still not sure where he should actually be played and not sure if a balanced team can be achieved with him in it, unless we clone Roy Keane.

How many players did Ferie 'build a team around'? Not many. Maybe Ruud and Ronaldo are arguable. And even the former is probably wrong as he got rid of his main provider. If someone slaps a ridiculous bid in (madrid, psg) then would be very tempted to get rid and attempt to have a proper go at revamping the midfield. It is piss poor.
Cantona?

Unread 31-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Cantona?
These things are open to debate. Did we really change the side around for him or was he the final piece ? Ruud for example really led to a move away from 4-4-2. Tho people may argue Fergie did that for Keane and a general move to teams putting more in the middle. I think we have been lucky that we often haven't had one player who is significantly better than others.

Unread 31-03-2019, 09:45 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Still time to delete this too. I never said £50m would get us Rice and Neves. We replace Matic and Pogba with Rice and Neves. We have Bale as main right sides forward and Lingard as deputy.
Literacy issues. Make allowances.

Unread 31-03-2019, 10:56 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Unread 31-03-2019, 11:20 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Get Varane, Bale and £50m in exchange. Buy Declan Rice from West and Neves from Wolves and a new right back. Job done.
I’d be happy with that deal for Pogba tbh. Bale could well be finished though, that’s the only worry.

Agree that Neves and a new RB should be prioritised, not sure on Rice myself although I haven’t seen much of him.

Unread 31-03-2019, 12:46 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkabal
Heads down for a full house..

what Ream said...

£#%&! the #@&%!
Ream

Unread 31-03-2019, 12:53 PM
Stickman

Nope. He isn’t reliable.

Very talented lad but we’d move on from him in no time imo.

Unread 31-03-2019, 08:51 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

I’d be happy with that deal for Pogba tbh. Bale could well be finished though, that’s the only worry.

Agree that Neves and a new RB should be prioritised, not sure on Rice myself although I haven’t seen much of him.
The big issue with Bale would be the wages but I think he'd come here with something to prove. Maybe Isco instead?

Unread 31-03-2019, 09:10 PM
Coracao

Go and get someone who genuinely has something to prove like sancho, chiesa or someone of that ilk.

Unread 31-03-2019, 10:47 PM
armchair

fantastic player but would be better off cashing in on him and making some astute signings. his head has been turned imo.

Unread 01-04-2019, 04:12 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
fantastic player but would be better off cashing in on him and making some astute signings. his head has been turned imo.
Every word true

...and to a degree, I don’t even blame him after the way we’ve been managed from the top to the Moyes, Mou and lvg £#%&! ups. Tbf, it was just as likely Woowoo responsible for the Fellaini, Alcantara, Kroos fiascos and Woowoo responsible for us bringing in Schwein, Falcao, Sanchez, Valdez, Di Maria, Zlatan, Fred, mostly because they were old and cheap and that’s on top of Owen + Hargreaves etc in the no value years when the coffers were bursting with unprecedented Ronaldo money, whilst some of the most obvious top players being snatched from under our noses by lesser clubs when they were a shoe in for us. Ole looks a good appointment but Christ, he has his work cut out with these £#%&!ers running the show. Poggers and his @#%&! of an agent might be after a bigger pay day but I’d say he wants trophies at the end of the day.

Unread 01-04-2019, 04:30 AM
ScarFace

I doubt we'll sign a player again on Sanchez wages or even close.

We'll go noncey and get them young. Fee's can be high still but their wages will be £150k a week.

Anybody signing Bale is insane. He'll go to PSG or Bayern.
Closed Thread