United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-05-2017, 07:32 PM
ziggyman17

Default Mourinho and Wednesday

He has won league titles in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain..

Cups in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain..

European Trophies in Portugal and Italy..

Yet I have never seen him look so nervous regarding the game on Wednesday, it looks like his whole career has been building up to this, win Wednesday and he can follow in his hero's steps..........

Unread 21-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
He has won league titles in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain..

Cups in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain..

European Trophies in Portugal and Italy..

Yet I have never seen him look so nervous regarding the game on Wednesday, it looks like his whole career has been building up to this, win Wednesday and he can follow in his hero's steps..........
There's a good chance his job might be on the line mate....

Unread 21-05-2017, 07:37 PM
andyroo

Wednesday?

About his level nowadays.

Unread 21-05-2017, 07:37 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Nah

But his Utd managerial career might not recover from it

Will be a huge relief if we win it

Unread 21-05-2017, 07:43 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
No way - he just doesn't want another year of as many games - we have played every possible game we could have - the maximum any team could apart from 2 - that is tough whatever anyone says

Unread 21-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Sapien

One thing's for sure - if we don't win on Wednesday we will be playing the kids in the Europa next season.

Unread 21-05-2017, 07:50 PM
armchair

he went back to chelsea and basically had a nervous breakdown. winning on wednesday will be redemption. if he doesn't win then he may go mental again.

we love you, jose!

Unread 21-05-2017, 07:56 PM
ziggyman17

do not think his job is on the line, win or lose Wednesday and he will still be here next season, it just looks like he has finally got his dream job and he is for the first time in his career looking twitchy..... I don't care what anybody says, he would love to stay here for years and have a go at matching fergies trophy record.... never going to happen, but if he stays here 7-8 years and wins 4 league titles and 3 Champions Leagues then we will all be happy..

Unread 21-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
do not think his job is on the line, win or lose Wednesday and he will still be here next season, it just looks like he has finally got his dream job and he is for the first time in his career looking twitchy..... I don't care what anybody says, he would love to stay here for years and have a go at matching fergies trophy record.... never going to happen, but if he stays here 7-8 years and wins 4 league titles and 3 Champions Leagues then we will all be happy..
Happy? I'd be £#%&!ing delirious.

Unread 21-05-2017, 08:05 PM
andyroo

Ziggy sounds pretty delirious already tbh

Unread 21-05-2017, 08:07 PM
waynes ear's

Jose might lose his job?

Unread 21-05-2017, 11:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
No way - he just doesn't want another year of as many games - we have played every possible game we could have - the maximum any team could apart from 2 - that is tough whatever anyone says
We were only one short in the 2008/09 season (the FA cup final, and we were diddled out of that) The team looked a bit knackered at times towards the end of that campaign too.

Unread 21-05-2017, 11:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Jose might lose his job?
Wouldn't second guess the clowns running the club, pal.

Moyes got a six-year contract; he was gone in eight months. Giggs was lined up to get the job in a clear succession plan; never happened. Mourinho was seen as unsuitable three years before he was hired on the most expensive contract we've issued to a manager.

They don't have any real idea what they're doing.

Unread 21-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Wouldn't second guess the clowns running the club, pal.

Moyes got a six-year contract; he was gone in eight months. Giggs was lined up to get the job in a clear succession plan; never happened. Mourinho was seen as unsuitable three years before he was hired on the most expensive contract we've issued to a manager.

They don't have any real idea what they're doing.
Yep. I'm not £#%&!ing jesting when i say that.

Would anyone on here be surprised if we lose the final on Wednesday and Mourinho gets sacked on Thursday? I wouldn't. Like you say people need to remember we've got nobody in that board room who has a £#%&!ing clue how to build a successful football club.

Unread 21-05-2017, 11:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Would anyone on here be surprised if we lose the final on Wednesday and Mourinho gets sacked on Thursday? I wouldn't. Like you say people need to remember we've got nobody in that board room who has a £#%&!ing clue how to build a successful football club.
I'd be surprised, but not overly so. Unfortunately I think the £#%&!wits at the top are going to make us go full circus from now on.

Unread 21-05-2017, 11:42 PM
dunk

Quote:

They can't £#%&!ing sack him ffs. Even if we lost 3/4-0, there's no other option. They have to get at least his 3 years out of him or we're in massive trouble..

Unread 21-05-2017, 11:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:

If we were dumb enough to sack him my immediate reaction would be to worry what horror they had in store for us.

Unread 21-05-2017, 11:49 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
If we were dumb enough to sack him my immediate reaction would be to worry what horror they had in store for us.
Woodward was telling the investors the other day how delighted they were with the progress the team had made under Mourinho. Even by his standards he'd look a £#%&!ing idiot or a liar if they sack him a week later.

Unread 21-05-2017, 11:50 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Absolutely no chance of that ffs.

Unread 21-05-2017, 11:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They can't £#%&!ing sack him ffs. Even if we lost 3/4-0, there's no other option. They have to get at least his 3 years out of him or we're in massive trouble.
I don't think it's vital for United that Mourinho stays at all, but I'm just saying don't for one second think they have a plan that they're committed to. Mourinho would be getting sacked at any of the super clubs on the continent regardless of Wednesday, but if you think the difference is that our owners are thinking long-term, think again. It'll be more due to a lack of appetite from the fans to change.

Next season will be different. Out of the title race again and he's toast and nobody will complain. And Woody will roll the dice again.
Closed Thread