United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2017, 12:02 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
£120m would do it.
Starting to think he might be worth it. What a player.

They would tear that new stadium to the ground.

Unread 19-05-2017, 12:38 AM
Stickman

He will overtake Shearer if he stays in England which I expect he will.

We should be absolutely BALLS out for him.

Unread 19-05-2017, 12:50 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

We should be absolutely BALLS out for him.
What are you going to do with Rashford then? Bench him?

Absolute balls. State of this thread

Unread 19-05-2017, 12:55 AM
AnthonyMartial

200 trillion pounds and the patent for the cure for cancer and I think levy would consider it.

Not want him though, teams don't instinctively sit as deep against Spurs as they do against us.

I would be over the moon with signing silva but when it comes to strikers I would rather a faster more space creating striker than Kane tbh.

We should stick with rash ford, needs more experience and to put some weight on but much better suited.

Unread 19-05-2017, 01:02 AM
jem

Quote:
but he will never host match of the day.

in fact, he won't overtake shearer either.

Unread 19-05-2017, 01:08 AM
ZiggyStardust

Personally I'd rather prioritise Rashford's development than sign Harry Kane
Rashford has superstar potential but if you sign Kane then given Kane's age your basically giving up on Rashford ever being our main centre forward as Kane can only play as centre forward

Rashford isn't ready yet as it will be a year or 2 until fills into his body so we either need to sign a top class forward who can play other positions as well as centre forward or we again sign an aging centre forward like Zlatan

Personally I'd prefer us to go for a multifaceted forward who can play through the middle or out wide and create a mobile attack

Unread 19-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Personally I'd rather prioritise Rashford's development than sign Harry Kane
Rashford has superstar potential but if you sign Kane then given Kane's age your basically giving up on Rashford ever being our main centre forward as Kane can only play as centre forward

Rashford isn't ready yet as it will be a year or 2 until fills into his body so we either need to sign a top class forward who can play other positions as well as centre forward or we again sign an aging centre forward like Zlatan

Personally I'd prefer us to go for a multifaceted forward who can play through the middle or out wide and create a mobile attack
I'd like one that can score some goals please.

Manchester United shouldn't be held back on the off chance a youngster may or may not turn out to be "top class".

Unread 19-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I see Spurs have won when it doesn't matter again
Not sure I get that. Havent they wont 8 out of their last 9 league games?

They're in the best form in the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
What are you going to do with Rashford then? Bench him?

Absolute balls. State of this thread
thanks Alan.

Unread 19-05-2017, 06:38 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Not sure I get that. Havent they wont 8 out of their last 9 league games?

They're in the best form in the division.

thanks Alan.

I know. Just being @#%&!y..

They're the best side in the country atm. They were bound to lose once in this run in and they could barely afford it.

That fa cup semi was a huge disappointment for them though. They were bang in form and blew it.

Can't help but feel a lot of their good form has come the last two seasons becuase they've been chasing. Be interesting to see if they can lead from the front and replicate that form.

Poch done a great job there though. Best spurs side in my lifetime.

Unread 19-05-2017, 07:46 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'd like one that can score some goals please.

Manchester United shouldn't be held back on the off chance a youngster may or may not turn out to be "top class".
Not only that but there's nothing wrong with a bit of competition.

Cole, Yorke, Ole, Sheringham....

If Rashford really is the real deal then he'll make it regardless wether we sign another centre forward or not. What's wrong with playing two up top or even Rashford from the left

Unread 19-05-2017, 08:13 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Had we been drinking, sir? Where did Cantona, Keane and Robson come from?
Not Spurs

Unread 19-05-2017, 08:14 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Not Spurs
True.

What's Ed's point then? We're not allowed to covet players from Spurs only, or from smaller clubs...?

Unread 19-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Sapien

If Fergie was still around he would not rest until he signed him.

Mind you if he was still around we would be an attractive proposition for Kane.

No chance we sign him atm. We still stink of Moyes.

Unread 19-05-2017, 09:28 AM
MC16

well say if we get Kane which I doubt. we would have to bench Rashford but Kane is not as prolific as ibra therefore jose won't feel it necessary to keep Kane for every game. what Kane could teach Rashford is getting in those pockets that Kane gets into, Rashford has the speed to change it up if needs be.

Unread 19-05-2017, 09:30 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
True.

What's Ed's point then? We're not allowed to covet players from Spurs only, or from smaller clubs...?
Thats debateable Zorgers chomp chomp

Unread 19-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC16
well say if we get Kane which I doubt. we would have to bench Rashford but Kane is not as prolific as ibra therefore jose won't feel it necessary to keep Kane for every game. what Kane could teach Rashford is getting in those pockets that Kane gets into, Rashford has the speed to change it up if needs be.
Kane isn't as prolific as Ibra?

Weren't they on about the same number when zlatan got injured?

Unread 19-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Baron

Spurs mate of mine texted me "He breathes through his mouth to taste your fear" about him last night

Unread 19-05-2017, 11:34 AM
MC16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Kane isn't as prolific as Ibra?

Weren't they on about the same number when zlatan got injured?
I mean reputation wise. Ibra is a figure in football, kane is just a very good player.

Unread 19-05-2017, 11:36 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC16
I mean reputation wise. Ibra is a figure in football, kane is just a very good player.
How can you be prolific "reputation wise"? Has he got multiple reputations?

Unread 19-05-2017, 11:37 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
How can you be prolific "reputation wise"? Has he got multiple reputations?
He does rather
Closed Thread