United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Di Mazzers mentioned Nainggolan too
He's a quality player, 29 tomorrow so you're getting maybe 2-3 seasons of his absolute best. Definitely the kind of upgrade on Herrera that is required to play alongside Poggers & a Carrick replacement.

I say that like I expect us to play 4-3-3... we obviously should.

Unread 03-05-2017, 11:03 AM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He's a quality player, 29 tomorrow so you're getting maybe 2-3 seasons of his absolute best. Definitely the kind of upgrade on Herrera that is required to play alongside Poggers & a Carrick replacement.

I say that like I expect us to play 4-3-3... we obviously should.
He isn't.

Unread 03-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
He isn't.
Err yeah he is a quality player. Silly man/lady.

Unread 03-05-2017, 11:17 AM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Err yeah he is a quality player. Silly man/lady.
Well that settles that then, thanks.

Unread 03-05-2017, 11:28 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
He isn't.
Don't know why you bolded the bit about Carrick. Baron wasn't suggesting he was a Carrick replacement, he's saying we need that too. Have for four years tbh, only we bought the French Cleverly.

Unread 03-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Don't know why you bolded the bit about Carrick. Baron wasn't suggesting he was a Carrick replacement, he's saying we need that too. Have for four years tbh, only we bought the French Cleverly.
I appreciate the use of pixelated crayons to spell this out chap. Ta.

Unread 03-05-2017, 12:26 PM
AK14

Do we really need a direct replacement for Carrick?

We didn't replace Keane after all

Fabinho
Pogba-Herrera (or a upgrade)

Could be the way to go, Poggers could be the player to control the play, Fabinho as the anchorman and Herrera as the box to box. Similar to Mous midfield at Chelsea although the anchor would also be the controller?

Makalele
Lampard-Essien

Unread 03-05-2017, 12:33 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Silly man/lady.
It's not Muf/cok, it's MUFC OK.

Unread 03-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Do we really need a direct replacement for Carrick?

We didn't replace Keane after all

Fabinho
Pogba-Herrera (or a upgrade)

Could be the way to go, Poggers could be the player to control the play, Fabinho as the anchorman and Herrera as the box to box. Similar to Mous midfield at Chelsea although the anchor would also be the controller?

Makalele
Lampard-Essien
It's a good question, the real class in the current midfield is Carrick, prior to that it was Scholes & supplemented by Carrick. Having intelligent players there rather than a functional / physical one gives you a tactical advantage. You want your players to stay on their feet - interceptions (whilst seemingly simple) require a £#%&!load more nous & footballing knowledge than sliding tackles ever will. However if you can only pass sideways or back when you have got the ball... water-carrier types, then you're doing nothing other than slowing the side down. You want players with compose that deep to pass it forward, with purpose, you can get a Vieira type player who'll drive forward with it rather than pass, what is important is the quality to get it back & recycle it positively.

So often, so very... mind numbingly £#%&!ing often... we've seen United in the last 3 or 4 years get it back & then not have the options or talent to pass forward when we get it there. Carrick's getting old, injuries take their toll. He was never great playing against really aggressive pressing but then who is when it's done as brilliantly as Barcelona used to.

That Chelsea midfield 3 works because Makelele was underrated in his passing, & Essien & Lampard were able to do the physical elements of getting up & down coupled with Lampard scoring 20+ every season. They all did their individual & collective roles perfectly (along with 8 other quality players doing what Mou loved).

I'd personally want a Kroos, a Verratti.... the quality & attacking instinct coupled with positioning & technique (& composure) means you'll get a better footballing side than you would a functional one with what you'd ostensibly call a "defensive midfielder".

If you were Italian you'd have a £#%&!y name for it (regista) to everyone else it's a deep-lying playmaker.

Call it what you want, I like them in our side if there's a suitable candidate.

Unread 03-05-2017, 01:32 PM
dunk

Barca tapping up Verratti, allegedly..

Unread 03-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Sparky***

Going to Madrid or City for £110m apparently.

Unread 03-05-2017, 01:35 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Going to Madrid or City for £110m apparently.
cool. let them mongs squabble over him, we'll do our business quickly and quietly

Unread 03-05-2017, 01:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
cool. let them mongs squabble over him, we'll do our business quickly and quietly
And end up with shit players

Mbappe is nailed on to be Ronaldo's long term replacement at Madrid imo.

Unread 03-05-2017, 01:38 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
worked for Fergie

Unread 03-05-2017, 01:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
worked for Fergie
He had some sort of hypnosis/magic dust he could apply..

Sparky***

Quote:

He'll be Benzema's long term replacement. You'll never replace Ronaldo.

dunk

Quote:
He'll be Benzema's long term replacement. You'll never replace Ronaldo.
You know what I mean. Figurehead of the team..

Unread 03-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You know what I mean. Figurehead of the team..
I don't think there was anything more obvious than Madrid and Barcelona coming in to take their pick of the best Monaco players this summer.

The only stumbling block could be City offering a ludicrous amount of money in wages etc. City could easily out bid Madrid and offer more money. Depends if Mbappe is a mercenary @#%&! or not.

Unread 03-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Great follows great

Unread 03-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Baron

Quote:
I don't think there was anything more obvious than Madrid and Barcelona coming in to take their pick of the best Monaco players this summer.

The only stumbling block could be City offering a ludicrous amount of money in wages etc. City could easily out bid Madrid and offer more money. Depends if Mbappe is a mercenary @#%&! or not.
Not so sure... there's definitely an element of players only joining Madrid when you're in your prime. The politics, players that are board favourites etc - the manager is constantly changing & then you need to navigate language & culture. Not ideal as an 18 year old.

I think well advised players can follow a successful career by building up to go there at 27/28.

Mbappe does seem like he's a once in a generation player, but he'd be better suited developing somewhere else for 3-4 seasons before taking on the @#%&!-soup that is Madrid or Barca.
Closed Thread