United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2011, 09:46 PM
beansy

Default Re: Neil Lennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
One of the times that *wasn't* true, of course, was when some other team was being managed by a certain somebody
Didn't he get the elbow because he married a catholic?

Unread 18-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Good article.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ll-neil-lennon

Never liked him as a player, thought he was dirty and petulant and I have a feeling he didn't like united but feel sorry for him now.

Wasn't aware that rangers traiditional tribal support came from belfast immigrants either.

Unread 18-09-2011, 10:51 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Good article.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ll-neil-lennon

Never liked him as a player, thought he was dirty and petulant and I have a feeling he didn't like united but feel sorry for him now.

Wasn't aware that rangers traiditional tribal support came from belfast immigrants either.
I find it hard to warm to him but if you cannot have sympathy for a bloke who has been sent bombs/issued with multiple threats/assaulted then there is something wrong with your empathy faculty.

Unread 18-09-2011, 10:56 AM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
I find it hard to warm to him but if you cannot have sympathy for a bloke who has been sent bombs/issued with multiple threats/assaulted then there is something wrong with your empathy faculty.
This. He's already been assaulted a couple of times, I fear sooner or later some @#%&! is going to succeed in killing him or worse still, his family. Too many unhinged out there.

Unread 18-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Don't think he brings it on himself but he's a lesson in bodylanguage, ever hear him being interviewing, he's just totally defensive in nature and looks really annoyed. That kind of thing turns people against you, vicious circle in a way.

Unread 18-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Big Norm

The whole league is a joke. They don't tackle the sectarian side of the rivalry as they know the football on it's own isn't of a good enough standard to get big crowds.

Unread 18-09-2011, 11:42 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Don't think he brings it on himself but he's a lesson in bodylanguage, ever hear him being interviewing, he's just totally defensive in nature and looks really annoyed. That kind of thing turns people against you, vicious circle in a way.
There is something primal about that kind of posture in terms of creating an antagonistic response methinks.

Was he always like that though or has his recent history conditioned him that way?

I dunno.

Unread 18-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
There is something primal about that kind of posture in terms of creating an antagonistic response methinks.

Was he always like that though or has his recent history conditioned him that way?

I dunno.
He was kind of gobby and in your face at leicester I remember. Harmless but had that scrunchy angry face that turns people off.

He's just a bogey man figure, you occasionally get them in regular work places on a much more civil level, whatever they do is met with derision. Usually it's pack mentality picking a hate figure to avoid tackling their own issues.

Unread 18-09-2011, 01:31 PM
bobbledinho

Quote:
There's no way he 'brings it on himself', but if there's a load of mentalists wanting to kill you and happy enough to keep trying, then winding them up doesn't help the situation.
At the same time it's not for Neil Lennon to address the wider picture and more should have been done a long time ago to root it out.

Unread 18-09-2011, 01:32 PM
red in cumbria

Still pretty disturbing, though.......

I think the previous commenter who said the sectarianism is needed to obscure the shiteness had it spot on
Closed Thread