United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2019, 10:43 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not if he has been watching us recently, anyway.
Be at Barca with De Jong.

Some team they're gonna have next year.

Unread 16-04-2019, 10:43 PM
Sparky***

As i've said before, he'll have his pick of Europe's top clubs - why in the £#%&!ing world would he join us?

In fact why would any top prospect currently join us?

Unread 16-04-2019, 10:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No chance he comes here.
Bet Woodward will give him the ‘footballing Disneyland’ speech..

Unread 16-04-2019, 10:49 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As i've said before, he'll have his pick of Europe's top clubs - why in the £#%&!ing world would he join us?

Unread 16-04-2019, 10:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Money is a part of it, but if players just want money they can go to china.

At some point you have to sell your football club to these players - you have to sell the vision you have for the future and how they fit in. Why do you think players like Aguero, Silva etc joined City? Sure they got a shit ton of cash but they were sold on the entire project of what abu dhabi were building. Then other players see the likes of them signing for City and suddenly they become interested. Next thing you know they have Leroy Sane, De Bruyne, Sterling etc etc..

What's to get excited about coming to United right now? Offering young players the chance to line up along side Ashley Young, The Scottish Player and Fred? "oh where do i sign!?"

Unread 17-04-2019, 12:47 AM
utd99

So they can see promise for the future in clubs that have no history because they were sold a vision, but can’t see past the next few weeks with us, the biggest club in the world?

You think you may be overdoing the neg a bit? United weren’t formed in 2014.

Unread 17-04-2019, 12:58 AM
Only_Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I didn’t say greatest, I said biggest.
Why?

Unread 17-04-2019, 01:00 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only_Me
Why?
Because we are.

Unread 17-04-2019, 01:03 AM
Only_Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Because we are.
Why?

Were other clubs not bending the rules at the time, negating monetary profit whilst winning more than Utd? Conveniently ignoring (ahem) money.

Not many Euro Cups for the BIGGEST as you say have we?

Is that what made you feel Utd were the BIGGEST?

Unread 17-04-2019, 06:52 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

This. Sadly.

Unread 17-04-2019, 10:52 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only_Me
Why?
The number of followers around the world. You could also add our average attendance for the past 20 years has put us in the top 2 or 3 every year in Europe despite not having the largest stadium. We’re the only club in that top 2-4 who fills their stadium every week.

Then you have the income the club generates.

It’s arguable whether united is biggest, but certainly top 3. And even the club’s biggest detractors would put us top 6 or so

Quote:
Not many Euro Cups for the BIGGEST as you say have we?
I guess Real Madrid must be much bigger than Barca. In fact, prior to 1992 Barca mustn’t have been a big club, nor Juve prior to 1985.

We should go all out for de ligt btw. Exactly the kind of player we’re lacking.

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:31 PM
ryanMUFC

Should be the target signing if the summer. Throw 100m on him, no question. City or Barça want him? Offer more.

Of course we won’t though. Smalling and Jones for life.

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:35 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Should be the target signing if the summer. Throw 100m on him, no question. City or Barça want him? Offer more.

Of course we won’t though. Smalling and Jones for life.
Surely it's a bad sign if he's only signing for the money
You saw what happens when a player does that with Sanchez

When will some fans learn that throwing money at the situation isn't the answer

Sure you have to spend big but with intelligence

Anyway De Ligt isn't going to sign for us just because we will give him a few million more a year
He's the sort who will go where he can enjoy and develop his football the most and have a better chance at success

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:43 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Surely it's a bad sign if he's only signing for the money
You saw what happens when a player does that with Sanchez

When will some fans learn that throwing money at the situation isn't the answer

Sure you have to spend big but with intelligence

Anyway De Ligt isn't going to sign for us just because we will give him a few million more a year
He's the sort who will go where he can enjoy and develop his football the most and have a better chance at success
Its Ajax that will decide if he’s leaving and they’re probably going to favour the club that’s offering them the most money.

People questioned Liverpool’s brains when they paid that money for Van Diyk.. this is one of those signings that will almost certainly pay off for a big club.

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:45 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Its Ajax that will decide if he’s leaving and they’re probably going to favour the club that’s offering them the most money.

People questioned Liverpool’s brains when they paid that money for Van Diyk.. this is one of those signings that will almost certainly pay off for a big club.
Not really
Ajax aren't going to tell De Ligt to go to us because we're offering 20 mill more
Naïve to think that's how they operate with their young players

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not really
Ajax aren't going to tell De Ligt to go to us because we're offering 20 mill more
Naïve to think that's how they operate with their young players
Yep.

They’ve already come out and stated something similar. I also don’t think they’d want to piss Barca off too much because of this little parternship they’ve just come up with.

Unread 01-05-2019, 01:42 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Bet Paul is really proud of this young man

Unread 01-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Jethro

If that fat @#%&! who's his agent is really after a payday then this is one exception to the cause. Get him in and give him the armband. He'll be a hero after one season.

Unread 01-05-2019, 02:26 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
If that fat @#%&! who's his agent is really after a payday then this is one exception to the cause. Get him in and give him the armband. He'll be a hero after one season.
Him and Lindelof would be a great pairing I think. We have to prioritise the defense in the transfer window this season surely. We have no back up/competition for Shaw, and we need an actual right back who we can depend on while we (hopefully) develop Dalot. Knowing Woodward we will ignore all this and spend the summer chasing Bale.

Unread 01-05-2019, 02:34 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
hard to argue with young Arron there
Closed Thread