United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:55 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
There is absolute no reason fred and mickey t shouldn't be first choice over herrera (who's £#%&!ing off) and matic (who's gone to shit)

If they come back and he starts playing, in particular, Matic again then I'd be concerned
For a second there thought we had Mikhitaryan back in the team.

Unread 11-04-2019, 11:00 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
For a second there thought we had Mikhitaryan back in the team.

debated using 'big mac' and 'mac daddy' also

Unread 11-04-2019, 11:01 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
debated using 'big mac' and 'mac daddy' also
Like it

Unread 11-04-2019, 11:02 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Like it
Yep Big Mac is the one.

Unread 11-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Neo

Decent last night, but he was up against a Barca side that didn’t show up. That’s the worst I’ve ever seen Messi play, and their whole side were basically in second gear for the full 90. Still won away from home and kept a clean sheet, though, which says just as much about us as it does them.

If we go into next season with The Scottish Player, Fred and Pogba as our first choice midfield it will be worrying. We badly need at least one upgrade in the middle of the pitch.

Unread 11-04-2019, 11:21 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Decent last night, but he was up against a Barca side that didn’t show up. That’s the worst I’ve ever seen Messi play, and their whole side were basically in second gear for the full 90. Still won away from home and kept a clean sheet, though, which says just as much about us as it does them.

If we go into next season with The Scottish Player, Fred and Pogba as our first choice midfield it will be worrying. We badly need at least one upgrade in the middle of the pitch.
I'm not saying fred and mct should be first choice next season, but as Whip says they should be first choice right now. Who knows, may even get the chance to make a claim for first choice next season. But yes, one, possibly two, top midfielders needed. More even if pogba goes.

Fred has looked better than Matic of late, so should play. It may have been an unimpressive Barca but he still looked good.

Anyway, Young is my bigger concern. He should at best be on the bench. Even a 20 year old Dalot is a better option. Ole needs to call time.

Unread 11-04-2019, 01:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Smalling was colossal, of course that goes against the narrative so won't be acknowledged.

United did very well, were set up perfectly and grafted their arses off. Barca didn't create or miss anything gilt edged, despite Young being back there and United effectively chasing the game for 75 minutes. To lose to an OG is disappointing.

Winning at the Camp Nou will be a bridge too far though, sadly.
Suarez has a very good chance second half when Shaw switched off tbf.

Agree on Smalling, thought he was very good. As was Lukaku imo.

Unread 11-04-2019, 02:02 PM
dunk

Quote:

Narrow angle though. Tough to score from there.

Unread 11-04-2019, 02:16 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Smalling was colossal, of course that goes against the narrative so won't be acknowledged.

United did very well, were set up perfectly and grafted their arses off. Barca didn't create or miss anything gilt edged, despite Young being back there and United effectively chasing the game for 75 minutes. To lose to an OG is disappointing.

Winning at the Camp Nou will be a bridge too far though, sadly.
The problem with Smalling is he just can't play any football

There was a few occasions when there was simple ball to play but he just booted it forward instead

Just can't have even one player like Smalling and Young who just can't play football and compete at this level
Too much football is going to break down around them

Unread 11-04-2019, 02:29 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:

Unread 12-04-2019, 01:27 AM
utd99

I’ve been hugely critical of Smalling over the years, but he’s been playing well recently it has to be said. Still shit on the ball, but less shit than he used to be. I’ll take it.

Barcelona are not the Barcelona of old. They seem to be coming to the end of their great cycle.

Unread 12-04-2019, 01:38 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The problem with Smalling is he just can't play any football

There was a few occasions when there was simple ball to play but he just booted it forward instead

Just can't have even one player like Smalling and Young who just can't play football and compete at this level
Too much football is going to break down around them
Exactly this.

Thought Jones was meant to be the footballer but he's not that good either. Better, for sure, but not great.

Unread 12-04-2019, 01:43 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Narrow angle though. Tough to score from there.
got his bearings wrong hence you could see how frustrated he was after hitting it.

Unread 12-04-2019, 11:48 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
got his bearings wrong hence you could see how frustrated he was after hitting it.
He didn't bite anybody

Unread 13-04-2019, 11:03 PM
AK14

Another solid game from him

Like the way he brings the ball forward and almost always looks to pass the ball forwards.

Unread 13-04-2019, 11:20 PM
Sparky***

seems to have 4 or 5 good moments but then drops a catastrophic clanger.

I think there's hope for him but lets be honest, he's no world beater.

Unread 13-04-2019, 11:56 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
seems to have 4 or 5 good moments but then drops a catastrophic clanger.

I think there's hope for him but lets be honest, he's no world beater.
He makes Anderson look like Zidane but he's still better than Matic and El Pointy which says everything about the state of us

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:32 PM
Vedder

City’s best player. Did he find a red shirt all night?

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Staggering the amount of times our players just passed it straight to their players tonight under little to no pressure. Just basic stuff. Staggering.

Fred cost 4 million quid more than bernado silva. £#%&! me.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
When you hear the story of Shakhtar laughing their arses off you hope beyond hope it was bullshit. It may not have been.
Closed Thread