United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2017, 03:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Depends on the 'out of the title race' bit tbh. If we're never involved in it and scrapping for 4th early on again, he's in trouble. Second season will inevitably be held up to the first. An extra 12 months in the job and he'll be expected to improve. I think that's the main thing the club will be looking for.

Moyes went because he dropped way below the bar of minimum standards. Lvg went because we looked like we were regressing in terms of style and the unrest that came with that.

I don't expect the weird number of draws next season, so with another £#%&! load of money spent, anything resembling this season's league campaign will see him out on his arse.
Be interesting if he's top in December then has a few bad results

For me the concern is that aside from two or three games, we have been worse in the second half of the season than the first. Can you put that down to being demoralised from playing catch-up? Either way, performances have been on a downward trend and a Europa win would be a relief but not any cause to forget that.

Lots of factors to focus on next season. For me one of Mou's biggest jobs is Pogba. He's made the investment, Pogba has the talent and wants to be the. best - it's Mou's job to find a role and create a team in which he thrives. Huge part of his immediate remit.

Unread 22-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Be interesting if he's top in December then has a few bad results

For me the concern is that aside from two or three games, we have been worse in the second half of the season than the first. Can you put that down to being demoralised from playing catch-up? Either way, performances have been on a downward trend and a Europa win would be a relief but not any cause to forget that.

Lots of factors to focus on next season. For me one of Mou's biggest jobs is Pogba. He's made the investment, Pogba has the talent and wants to be the. best - it's Mou's job to find a role and create a team in which he thrives. Huge part of his immediate remit.

Wait, I thought it was November that we were top for 14 seconds?....

I think some of it can be attributed to that. I've said it all along....but chasing is £#%&!ing shit. With the expectation at this club, it brings ridiculous pressure, in a season where many are finding their feet. Lvg suffered with it too.

But it isn't an excuse. We've had numerous chances to put the first half of the season right. Liverpool and Arsenal left the door open for us and we £#%&!ed it up.

Anyhoo....

Next season, agree re Pogba. I think we're certain to see some sort of 'sitting' player, an 'enforcer', whatever you wanna call it, to give him some more freedom. And he'll have adapted to the league.

Same for mkihi.

Some big calls to make on talented players like Shaw & Martial, who he just doesn't seem to trust.
Bringing in a replacement for Zlatan is another. Short term and allow Rashford to lead the line, or someone more established?

A new centre back is essential.

But the biggest concern for me is changing the piss-weak mentality that has alarmingly filtered in to the club since Moyes came in.

We're weak and stupid.

Need some winners, some @#%&!s and some verve in there.

Unread 22-05-2017, 03:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
We won the proper one and weren't allowed one.

Bertie scum on GMP.
Rangers fans as well, let's not forget

Unread 22-05-2017, 03:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I think some of it can be attributed to that. I've said it all along....but chasing is £#%&!ing shit. With the expectation at this club, it brings ridiculous pressure, in a season where many are finding their feet. Lvg suffered with it too.

But it isn't an excuse. We've had numerous chances to put the first half of the season right. Liverpool and Arsenal left the door open for us and we £#%&!ed it up.

Anyhoo....

Next season, agree re Pogba. I think we're certain to see some sort of 'sitting' player, an 'enforcer', whatever you wanna call it, to give him some more freedom. And he'll have adapted to the league.

Same for mkihi.

Some big calls to make on talented players like Shaw & Martial, who he just doesn't seem to trust.
Bringing in a replacement for Zlatan is another. Short term and allow Rashford to lead the line, or someone more established?

A new centre back is essential.

But the biggest concern for me is changing the piss-weak mentality that has alarmingly filtered in to the club since Moyes came in.

We're weak and stupid.

Need some winners, some @#%&!s and some verve in there.
Yeah it's part of the issue when all your leaders and key personalities leave at the same time. I hate to criticise Fergie but although he went out with a title, he left a huge transitonal job which unless Smalling, Jones and Cleverley were going to become the new club captains, we'd need to completely rebuild the whole dressing room.

It's one thing to go and buy talent, but buying half a dozen leaders for Manchester United?

Unread 22-05-2017, 05:22 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I bet your comedy nights go down a treat in the home
I just line up all my ducks with a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
PM the address of your care home pal, gonna come over tonight

Saffers come on now, you can do better than that.

Quote:

We're weak and stupid.

Need some winners, some c***s and some verve in there.
Billy we need a RVN someone with an attitude.

Unread 23-05-2017, 03:15 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
what happened to him? did he finally explode when he saw the new GOT trailer?
Couldnt give a £#%&!
Closed Thread