United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2017, 01:20 PM
TheFatGoth

His team of the season

Quote:
What has impressed me the most about the 25-year-old's season is that every save has been completed with the minimum of fuss.
Quote:
Just before it was announced who was about to win the PFA Players' Player of the Year award, Spurs legend Clive Allen turned to me and said: "I really hope its N'Golo Kante."

I agreed with the remark, and so did five other guests who had remained silent until that point.
Quote:
Fast forward to summer 2017 and the Belgium international must have every top team in Europe inquiring about his services.

The question is, can Chelsea keep him? If they can, they must be in with a great chance of winning Europe's biggest club competition. Lose him and they can kiss any Champions League hopes goodbye.
Quote:
Coutinho is a genius and Liverpool finishing in a Champions League spot has saved Jurgen Klopp, I believe, from losing the Brazilian to one of the European giants.

Next season, Anfield will come alive again when they host Champions League fixtures once more, and they have a special player in Coutinho to grace those occasions.
Quote:
I'm delighted for the player because the Spurs striker carried the can for England's debacle in the European Championship and it nearly destroyed him.

Nevertheless, I couldn't believe the headlines granting the player world-class status after his four-goal blitz of Leicester City in midweek. What poppy#@&%!!
Quote:
I knew what Antonio Conte had achieved at Juventus, and I observed his antics on the touchline when managing the Italian national team, but I never took him that seriously. He hadn't managed in the Premier League, that was why.
Quote:
We don't have winter breaks here where players disappear up into the mountains with their managers to opulent soccer retreats and bathe their weary legs for a month in preparation for the second half of the season. This the Premier League and Ancelotti and Pellegrini just about survived it with their reputations intact.

Their efforts put Conte's spectacular Premier League debut campaign into perspective.

Unread 22-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Whip Hubley

He's actually unwell

Unread 22-05-2017, 01:30 PM
20 times

That Clive Allen quote

Unread 22-05-2017, 01:34 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
He's actually unwell
He's insane

Unread 22-05-2017, 01:50 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
He's actually unwell

"i'm a little uncomfortable"

@#%&!

Unread 22-05-2017, 01:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Just before it was announced who was about to win the PFA Players' Player of the Year award, Spurs legend Clive Allen turned to me and said: "I really hope its N'Golo Kante."

I agreed with the remark, and so did five other guests who had remained silent until that point.
Later, at home, I would reflect on what had been said. I felt no unease. In my kitchen, dark save for the orange glow of the microwave clock, I nodded silently, confident that Clive had been correct, and then I went to bed.

Unread 22-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Later, at home, I would reflect on what had been said. I felt no unease. In my kitchen, dark save for the orange glow of the microwave clock, I nodded silently, confident that Clive had been correct, and then I went to bed.
ffs, you're joking but I wouldn't disbelieve seeing that in his column

Unread 22-05-2017, 02:09 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Sounds like an Andy Mitten article

Unread 22-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Billy Redface

A pompous little twerp.

Him and Keown are the worst kind of idiot: They think they're really clever.

At least Paul Merson knows he's a swamp creature.

Unread 22-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Sounds like an Andy Mitten article
Quote:
and then I went to bed, in Barcelona, where I live.

Unread 22-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Switching Off

Closed Thread