Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Meaning what?

Unread 21-09-2011, 09:21 PM
ryanMUFC

Default Re: Quatari family back in for utd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
Am I the only one that shudders at the thought of Qatar ownership?

For all the financial implications of the Glazer's reign, they have undoubtedly kept their nose out of the thing they know nothing about, football. There is no way that Qataris would pay 2 billion for us and do the same.
I might sound a @#%&!(not arsed) but i was impartial to the Glazer takeover at the time; they didn't outline any ideas or business strategy. They even promised a certain amount going in the transfer kitty, the only differenvce with the Qataris is that they actually have cash.

The cons are that we're being taken over by some people from another continent, and they'll probably be more muhameds than pauls in Old trafford..if that isn't the case already. Qatari trafford? meet you outside the ground mate, the Qatari campus?

Doesn't make any difference really, they know £#%&! all about United.

Unread 21-09-2011, 09:51 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Meaning what?
Meaning I said it a while back and everyone got on my case cos it didnt happen the very next week.

Unread 21-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Meaning I said it a while back and everyone got on my case cos it didnt happen the very next week.
And it still hasn't

Unread 21-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Jethro

Thumbs up Re: Quatari family back in for utd

Quote:

For all the financial implications of the Glazer's reign, they have undoubtedly kept their nose out of the thing they know nothing about, football. There is no way that Qataris would pay 2 billion for us and do the same.
Totally agree. Is their a win situation with owners though?

Unread 21-09-2011, 10:04 PM
tatty

The price seems high but that may work in our favour if the deal comes off.

What's a few £50m players plus wages when set against a £2bn outlay for the club itself.

Unread 21-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

No mate. I must admit, it may be a case of "out of the frying pan.." you know.

I have huge concerns over whoever owns the club if they're not united people, iykwim.

you don't want a £#%&!ing scenario where they come in and start trying to interfere with the football side of things.

Unread 21-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I might sound a @#%&!(not arsed) but i was impartial to the Glazer takeover at the time; they didn't outline any ideas or business strategy. They even promised a certain amount going in the transfer kitty, the only differenvce with the Qataris is that they actually have cash.

The cons are that we're being taken over by some people from another continent, and they'll probably be more muhameds than pauls in Old trafford..if that isn't the case already. Qatari trafford? meet you outside the ground mate, the Qatari campus?

Doesn't make any difference really, they know £#%&! all about United.
?

Unread 21-09-2011, 10:11 PM
armchair

How are they allowed own so many clubs?

Unread 21-09-2011, 10:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
How are they allowed own so many clubs?
I thought there were rules against it. Wasn't Abramovich stopped from buying another club because they play in the same competition/federation?

Unread 21-09-2011, 10:20 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I thought there were rules against it. Wasn't Abramovich stopped from buying another club because they play in the same competition/federation?
Funnily enough, there's more than one rich person in Qatar. So I'm guessing the people looking to buy us aren't actually the same ones that own PSG/Malaga.

Well, that's what I read anyway. Probably all the same @#%&! at the top of the tree, but then he has a shit load of different companies/people who runs his shit. £#%&! knows tbhconfusedmyself.

Unread 22-09-2011, 05:49 AM
borsuk

why are people talking like this has actually happened? looks like just internet rumour #234934593749867 to me.

edit

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footba...2039-23195379/

this sneijder any good then? anybody got any opinions?

the qatari thing wouldn't necessarily be better than the glazers anyway

http://rescue.utdforum.com/forum/sho....php?p=2306721

haven't changed my mind on that at all

Unread 26-09-2011, 11:31 PM
red in cumbria

It's off - the Emir himself (interviewed by David Frost, none other) has apparently said he is not interested in buying a club.

MOTWYW......

Unread 26-09-2011, 11:33 PM
taff

that douglas costa?
Closed Thread