United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:36 PM
armchair

Default Out! Out! Out!

tbh I'm struggling to think of a player I'd keep.

degea - out!

back 4 - out!

midfield - out!

maybe keep rashford but apart from that i couldn't give a £#%&!. and if madriod came in for rashford i'd be cool with him going too.

lukaku though, oh he's a treasure.

pack of £#%&!ing #@&%!s.

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Lok

There's a player in Rashford if he is surrounded by decent players. He's trying to do too much on his own. Needs to dramatically improve his finishing though.

I don't think there's a single player in the first team squad I'd be disappointed to see leave. There's many I'd be disappointed if they stayed.

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:45 PM
AnthonyMartial

Goldmine of young players particularly greenwood, Gomes and tuanzebe and laird, Henderson the goalkeeper getting rave reviews at Sheffield united and possibly to a lesser extent garner and Chong.

Don't see any reason 3 or 4 can't become significant next season but especially Greenwood and Tuanzebe.

They're class.

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:51 PM
saffers

Start with the ones who should have been binned years ago:

Valencia(on his way)
Smalling
Jones
Young

Then move onto people wasting a squad space and wages:

Grant
Darmian
Alexis

Herrera and Mata gone on frees.

For the right price i'd sell Pogba and Lukaku.

New contracts for Dave and Rashford.

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:52 PM
armchair

should sell alexis and then bring in a wage cap that'd make ajax look like big spenders

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:53 PM
andyroo

Isn't Grant predominantly in some sort of coaching role more than as a player?

He's absolutely shit

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:54 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Isn't Grant predominantly in some sort of coaching role more than as a player?

He's absolutely shit
Yeah bin him, better to have some academy kid as 3rd choice.

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:56 PM
messhead

Quote:
Isn't Grant in some sort of coaching role more than as a player?

He's absolutely shit
£#%&! me no wonder de Gea is looking £#%&!. Up there with Moyes using vids of Jagielka in training with Ferdinand and Vidic.

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:58 PM
woody78

Wouldn't care if any go but priority should be

Smalling
Lukaku
Sanchez
Young
Jones
Pogba

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
£#%&! me no wonder de Gea is looking £#%&!. Up there with Moyes using vids of Jagielka in training with Ferdinand and Vidic.
something like that. Anyway he's a squad blocker. Dave's off no doubt, Henderson will be back from his loan, what happened to that Portuguese lad we subbed on a couple of times?

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Incoming players still more important imo. We have too many squad players, as has been the case for years. These aren't bad lads and the majority of the time they do put a shift in. But we need better balance and leadership.

Clearly there are half a dozen who can go but getting the right three or four top class additions in the right areas is key.

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:01 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Incoming players still more important imo. We have too many squad players, as has been the case for years. These aren't bad lads and the majority of the time they do put a shift in. But we need better balance and leadership.

Clearly there are half a dozen who can go but getting the right three or four top class additions in the right areas is key.
That's what worries me.

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:02 PM
saffers

Quote:

We just hired you as technical director, your brief is to bring in 4 players, who and what do you bring in?

Let's see you work siders.

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default Henry Winter is spot on with this:

Quote:
So a few thoughts on some of the issues around Solskjaer:

1) The timing of his permanent appointment? Too early? No. Those long calling for the club to be better at planning must see it makes sense for Solskjaer to start his work now. I’ve had one private conversation with Solskjaer since his permanent appointment and what was abundantly clear was his understanding of the scale of the task and his hunger to tackle it. Let him get going. If some players have lost momentum, that says everything about their character, not Solskjaer’s.

2) The retrospective romanticising of the Jose Mourinho era has to stop. Mourinho’s questioning of Pogba and the need for a centre-back were logical then, and most people were saying it, yet it should be recalled that Mourinho had turned the atmosphere at Carrington toxic. He was running out of people to throw under the bus and the football was mind-numbing.

3) Listen to Gary Neville. United’s former player makes so many good points about the players, about the shirt, the work-rate, about City’s greater hunger and superior recruitment, that Woodward, as well as the dressing-room, should listen.

4) Talk of Woodward finally appointing a Director of Football is encouraging, especially as it allows Woodward to return to the commercial world, but with respect to Mike Phelan, one of the names mentioned, it has to be somebody like Paul Mitchell or Marc Overmars who can take a cold-eyed look at the squad, offload under-performing stars and then use an extensive contacts book to bring in the right, thrusting young players. With apologies to supporters of West Ham United, Crystal Palace and Borussia Dortmund, Declan Rice, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Jadon Sancho, respectively, are obvious upgrades. This is United we are talking about, and the lure to join must inevitably be strong.

5) Believe in the squad. There is ambition still there, in the likes of Scott The Scottish Player, Rashford, Lingard, Victor Lindelof and Chris Smalling, for all his occasional mistakes, the next generation of Mason Greenwood and James Garner. De Gea needs a new contract, Martial some tactical fine-tuning and Pogba simply needs challenging. Solskjaer’s first job at United was a determination to put the smile back on Pogba’s face, and bring the best out of him, and that was seen, especially with some link-ups with Rashford.

6) Resist talk of immediately rebuilding Old Trafford, which certainly looks frayed in parts, especially through the prism of reporters looking from the press box at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. But seriously, United’s first priority is not rebuilding the stadium, but rebuilding the squad – and the culture. Show me the old United.

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:13 PM
puressence

Hope alexis starts Wednesday with mason

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Guedes is catching fire at Valencia at the moment.
He ran us ragged at OT (well most of the hard work there was done already there tbh) but missed loads of good chances.

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:17 PM
armchair

look at all the big brains telling us how ajax were £#%&!ed

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He ran us ragged at OT (well most of the hard work there was done already there tbh) but missed loads of good chances.
He was playing injured at that time too. They broke their transfer record for him so he kinda had to get on with it. Didn't have an operation until December and spent a couple of months out. Looking brilliant since coming back over the last couple of months.

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:32 PM
sa7

Quote:
He was playing injured at that time too. They broke their transfer record for him so he kinda had to get on with it. Didn't have an operation until December and spent a couple of months out. Looking brilliant since coming back over the last couple of months.
Bale on loan it is then

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:33 PM
armchair

i hope we don't make the europa and we sign up and comers rather than big names
Closed Thread