United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 11-05-2023, 05:49 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
couldn't have found a more recent pic of Old Trafford?

Unread 11-05-2023, 07:56 PM
AK14

All this noise about Arnold being some sort of incredible football brain and painting the bloke out to be amazing at what he does is making me think the takeover is very close to being completed.

Unread 11-05-2023, 07:59 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
All this noise about Arnold being some sort of incredible football brain and painting the bloke out to be amazing at what he does is making me think the takeover is very close to being completed.
Agreed. The piece in the athletic today is absolutely mental ffs. I’ve never seen an essay like that on any non-footballing figure before.

Clearly angling for a big job elsewhere imo, he knows his time is up very soon.

Unread 11-05-2023, 08:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 11-05-2023, 08:51 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Unread 11-05-2023, 09:04 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Tell you what you multiple user name having shit stain, bang your photo up (unless you're Felix again) and we can keep using the personal references. I understand what minority owners means but they're still here - if you don't find that absolutely appalling, then you're as stupid as every single post you make.

Ethers etc - from day one, I wanted the Glazers GONE. As far away from the mess they've created. As far away from the financial black hole they've put us in - you wanted that too, yes? Qatar would've meant them gone and not benefitting from United ever again. Sound good? That's what I wanted. SJR let's them keep earning from United and I find that sickening. Not a single United fan wants them around. BUT, and I have said this which you and your little gang keep ignoring, if this deal keeps United safe and makes us financially sound and competing at the very top, I'll take it. Hopefully , the Glazers will be gone in 2026 but I genuinely can't see it. Them being associated with United is horrid.

Tell me what I'm saying that you don't agree with?
It's hysterical. While all or part of Utd is publicly floated you can't stop anyone from buying those shares. Even if BJ bought out all the Glazer's shares, there's nothing to stop them from buying the shares outstanding, but then they would have no voting rights, no control which is the only thing we should want or care about.

Quote:
is there any reason this guy is not getting credit? He's been in charge 5 minutes, got rid of Judge, got rid of Pogba and Lingard (Woody would have put PP on 500k a week to 'protect his value), got us ten Hag, Martinez, Casemiro, Antony and the others, were likely top four with a trophy (or trophies) and there's a whole different vibe about the place.

Anyone who thought one year would be enough to completely turn us around just isn't being honest - some on here were talking 5 years ffs - but I'm just wondering if our management are ever going to share in the credit or if they're always going to be tarnished with the Ed Woodward/Glazers brush.

Unread 11-05-2023, 09:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Good point Jim, I'm unsure why Richie A is getting shit today.....

Thought he's been solid....

Unread 11-05-2023, 09:31 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
is there any reason this guy is not getting credit? He's been in charge 5 minutes, got rid of Judge, got rid of Pogba and Lingard (Woody would have put PP on 500k a week to 'protect his value), got us ten Hag, Martinez, Casemiro, Antony and the others, were likely top four with a trophy (or trophies) and there's a whole different vibe about the place.

Anyone who thought one year would be enough to completely turn us around just isn't being honest - some on here were talking 5 years ffs - but I'm just wondering if our management are ever going to share in the credit or if they're always going to be tarnished with the Ed Woodward/Glazers brush.
I thought the same tbh, we finally look to be on the right track on the football side of the club, yet people want Ratcliffe to come in, £#%&! everyone off, and appoint some bluffer who worked at Monaco, or worse still, he does what he's done at Nice

Unread 11-05-2023, 09:36 PM
dunk

Yeah, a bit unfair on RA, especially as Joel, reportedly, still has final sign off on all decisions and deals etc. must be a challenge working under them.

Unread 11-05-2023, 09:47 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, a bit unfair on RA, especially as Joel, reportedly, still has final sign off on all decisions and deals etc. must be a challenge working under them.
In short, Up the RA, is that what you’re saying?

Unread 11-05-2023, 10:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
In short, Up the RA, is that what you’re saying?

Unread 11-05-2023, 10:25 PM
AK14

So we’re all Richie A fans now?

Okay good to know, I didn’t get the memo.

Point I was making is that the athletic article is odd.

Unread 11-05-2023, 10:30 PM
dunk

I wouldn’t say a fan, and I wouldn’t be arsed if he was immediately jettisoned, but I’m definitely feeling he’s a massive improvement on Woodward.

Unread 11-05-2023, 10:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wouldn’t say a fan, and I wouldn’t be arsed if he was immediately jettisoned, but I’m definitely feeling he’s a massive improvement on Woodward.
That’s his best attribute nqat

A great one too tbf.

Unread 11-05-2023, 10:43 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
That’s his best attribute nqat

A great one too tbf.
To counter, he has a squid-like jawline. Horrific.

Unread 11-05-2023, 10:49 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
So we’re all Richie A fans now?

Okay good to know, I didn’t get the memo.

Point I was making is that the athletic article is odd.
yep.

ffs

Unread 11-05-2023, 10:49 PM
Ethers

“ Despite this, Arnold is likeable. He is said to make a point of attending staff drinks and speaking to employees at all levels, something which is appreciated by those who do not see him in their day-to-day jobs”

He’s an absolute Brent.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:43 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“ Despite this, Arnold is likeable. He is said to make a point of attending staff drinks and speaking to employees at all levels, something which is appreciated by those who do not see him in their day-to-day jobs”

He’s an absolute Brent.
And you're a compete Ienos simp.

Sad little man, happy for the Glazers to stay.

Probably haven't been in the M16 area for years.

Unread 12-05-2023, 02:55 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I thought the same tbh, we finally look to be on the right track on the football side of the club, yet people want Ratcliffe to come in, £#%&! everyone off, and appoint some bluffer who worked at Monaco, or worse still, he does what he's done at Nice
Put his brother in as director of football right? That's the kind of out of the box thinking we've been missing for the past decade

Right now though, I can't give it a shit. Ineos of the Qataris, I don't care. Neither look idea but let's just get it done and get ready for next season.

Unread 12-05-2023, 09:14 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
And you're a compete Ienos simp.

Sad little man, happy for the Glazers to stay.

Probably haven't been in the M16 area for years.
Crikey.