United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Mr_Ed

Default Footie coach of under 10 sacked

For trying to play to win rather than giving his shite players game time.

Shocking... Sport is about winning. Fact.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aying-fun.html

Or maybe he didn't see an iceberg? Apologies if already posted

Unread 04-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Ethers

What an absolute @#%&!.

Unread 04-12-2013, 09:56 AM
believe

Shite story but I hope one day Buckinghamshire gets nuked.

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:07 AM
carlosartorial

He sounds like a complete £#%&!ing moron.

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
He sounds like a complete £#%&!ing moron.
He sounds like an Australian. (Present company excepted, Roo)

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:18 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What an absolute @#%&!.
The southern SSG

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Lok

There's a lot of truth in what he's saying but he went about it in the wrong way.

We need to move away from participation medals and equal game time.

Sport is about competition, life is a competition. These are valuable life lessons for the kids.

If the kids aren't good enough, they should play for another team.

He should have just explained to the parents of the kids that are left out that the team is a competitive team and that their kids wouldn't be getting much game time.

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:23 AM
carlosartorial

When I was doing the kids football you'd always get one bloke like that - had all his kids doing warm-ups and drills pre-match whilst he bawled at them like some sort of army instructor (I used to be content with if my kids weren't hanging off the goal posts or fighting with each other).

Jnr football is littered with complete £#%&!ing arseholes trying to impose their dreams of managerial competence on kids - the club in question deserve commending for £#%&!ing him off, the #@&%!.

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:25 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
There's a lot of truth in what he's saying but he went about it in the wrong way.

Sport is about competition, life is a competition. These are valuable life lessons for the kids.

He should have just explained to the parents of the kids that are left out that the team is a competitive team and that their kids wouldn't be getting much game time.
10 year olds play 7 a side - you cant run a club with 7 players - typically you'd have a squad of 25. What do you propose to do with the other 18 who aren't getting a game yet who've been turning up for training for the last 4 years? Any #@&%! can play his best 7 every week and 5-0 each game (SSG for example).

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:26 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Not in football there isn't

People like him are the reason why we produce so few footballers with exceptional skill and technique

If all you want to do is win at under 10s football then you just pick bigger lads and then just get them to kick the ball really long over the oppositions defence for the fast lad to run onto

It doesn't help improve players and in fact doesn't give game time to those small technical players who could actually develop into top players
At that age you need to work on the foundations of a players game, their touch, individual skills and spatial awareness

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:27 AM
dodger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

People like him are the reason why we produce so few footballers with exceptional skill and technique

If all you want to do is win at under 10s football then you just pick bigger lads and then just get them to kick the ball really long over the oppositions defence of the really fast lad to run onto

It doesn't help improve players and in fact doesn't give game time to those small technical players who could actually develop into top players
At that age you need to work on the foundations of a players game, their touch, individual skills and spatial awareness
Word. Spot on.

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Crumps

Was with him until the Rugby %@#$&!s.

Unread 04-12-2013, 11:01 AM
fergieslovechild

Quote:

If all you want to do is win at under 10s football then you just pick bigger lads and then just get them to kick the ball really long over the oppositions defence for the fast lad to run onto

I agree with all this, we have the same issue at my lads u11s, the 'best' players get all the game time yet there is a squad of 15 and it's always the same subs.

They also all pay the same monthly subs.

The better players don't improve as they see there place as a given and try when they are in the mood and the squad players don't develop as they see them selves as inferior players so have no confidence and are frightened of making mistakes on the pitch so freeze when it comes to the crunch.

Vicious circle.

I've tried to move my lad in but he won't as he's been playing in this team since he was 6 and he's got mates in the team.

But it drives me mental.

Unread 04-12-2013, 11:03 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
He sounds like an Australian. (Present company excepted, Roo)
bit harsh on the Watcher.

Unread 04-12-2013, 11:03 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:

Totally agree especially with the part in bold, I coached underage teams years ago and some kids my son can change dramatically in the space of a season

Unread 04-12-2013, 11:05 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Totally agree especially with the part in bold, I coached underage teams years ago and some kids my son can change dramatically in the space of a season
Best read in a Harry Redknapp voice

Unread 04-12-2013, 11:07 AM
jem

that's why there's a b team.

sounds like they should have c team as well.

where he loses me is picking his own kid irrespective of talent and application. does he not love him enough to teach him life is a struggle?

Unread 04-12-2013, 11:08 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Best read in a Harry Redknapp voice
£#%&!ing phones

Unread 04-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

What a complete load of shit. Sorry Dave.

Unread 04-12-2013, 11:19 AM
forzagarza

Slur Alex Ferguscum has a lot to answer for (excluding the match rotation and any other differences that I've chosen to ignore)
Closed Thread