United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
keano's love

Default article on rooney by lawton in independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...er-883338.html

read this? Thoughts?

I will be genuinely worried if rooney this season too under performs. With ronaldo leaving ( now or next season ), rooney should be our talisman.

Unread 02-08-2008, 10:03 AM
koppas

I hate the way Gazza and Wazza are always put in the same bracket.

Unread 02-08-2008, 10:04 AM
dunk

Did you see this load of shite in the NOTW last Sunday?

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/0...epherd--1.html

The English build 'em up to knock 'em down philosophy is poised at the 'to', knives sharpened for the knock 'em down.

Unread 02-08-2008, 10:06 AM
koppas

The only similarity between Gascoigne and Rooney is the both had/have the potential to be a fat bastard. That's it.

Unread 02-08-2008, 10:10 AM
magic_cantona

Rooney is still our most important player.

How many games did we lose last season when Wayne was missing?Him just being in the team gives every £#%&!er a boost and when he's not, I think, the team isn't as confident.

Wow, he's had a dip in form but he's also been asked to play out of position, down the channels, 'in the hole' et-£#%&!ing'cetera.

I'm sick of hearing how shit one of the best players in the world and in our history is.

£#%&! OFF.

Unread 02-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Tumescent Throb

James Lawton is a very poor football writer.

Unread 02-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...er-883338.html

read this? Thoughts?

I will be genuinely worried if rooney this season too under performs. With ronaldo leaving ( now or next season ), rooney should be our talisman.
he is

he is selfless and he can drag us through tight encounters through sheer will power that is transmitted to the rest of the team

easy target at the moment, generally by people who have absolutely no idea how integral he is to how we play and how he allows other individuals to attract the plaudits

Unread 02-08-2008, 10:26 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Rooney is still our most important player.

How many games did we lose last season when Wayne was missing?Him just being in the team gives every £#%&!er a boost and when he's not, I think, the team isn't as confident.

Wow, he's had a dip in form but he's also been asked to play out of position, down the channels, 'in the hole' et-£#%&!ing'cetera.

I'm sick of hearing how shit one of the best players in the world and in our history is.

£#%&! OFF.
He wasn't playing when we lost against Bolton, West Ham and City twice but played in the defeats to Pompey and Chelsea.

Agree totally, we look a worse side when he isn't playing. When Ronaldo isn't playing, I don't worry too much.

Unread 02-08-2008, 10:56 AM
dunk

According to Rob Shepherd, Rooney is shit because no-one is trying to buy him.

Of course, that could be because every club knows he is not for sale and would not move anyway, but no, it's actually because he's shit.

Journalism really is dead.

Unread 02-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
According to Rob Shepherd, Rooney is shit because no-one is trying to buy him.

Of course, that could be because every club knows he is not for sale and would not move anyway, but no, it's actually because he's shit.

Journalism really is dead.
same with messi then, shit

Unread 02-08-2008, 10:59 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
same with messi then, shit
Rio Ferdinand - shit.
Gianluigi Buffon - shit.

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Pop

Off topic:

Quote:
In the past two decade England has produced only two genuine world class talents. Paul Gascoigne & Wayne Rooney.
How about that small ginger fella who plays for Utd whom it could be argued is better than both by far?

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:02 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Off topic:

How about that small ginger fella who plays for Utd whom it could be argued is better than both by a long shot?
Good point.

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:06 AM
dunk

It could be suggested that Rio Ferdinand is a World Class talent, or does he not count because he isn't attacking?

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
It could be suggested that Rio Ferdinand is a World Class talent, or does he not count because he isn't attacking?
its just not enough to be comfortably the best player in your position in world football

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:10 AM
MUFC One Love

Makes me laugh, they say he's one of the greatest talents from England, yet they crucify him and look to knock him down at any chance they get.

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:10 AM
koppas

Quote:
Rio is the best defender in the world. FACT.

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Rio is the best defender in the world. FACT.
Yep.

By some £#%&!ing distance too.

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:15 AM
MUFC One Love

Rio is comfortably the best defender in the world.

He makes it look so easy.

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:19 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Rio is comfortably the best defender in the world.

He makes it look so easy.
Who is there really to rival him? No one comes close.

John Terry?
Ricardo Carvalho? Probably the second best imo.
Puyol?
Closed Thread