United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-02-2023, 09:29 AM
Denis Irwell

Still playing within himself a bit, I think. Looks like he doesn’t mind putting it about a bit and he’s freed Rashford twice after a nice tackle - the one (last week?) that the ref blew the whistle on as well as yesterday. Can play a bit and likes a bit of snide.

Unread 27-02-2023, 09:35 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Still playing within himself a bit, I think. Looks like he doesn’t mind putting it about a bit and he’s freed Rashford twice after a nice tackle - the one (last week?) that the ref blew the whistle on as well as yesterday. Can play a bit and likes a bit of snide.
Fully fit and match sharp and he would have done better with those chances that came his way. He was given a job to do by ETH and he did it perfect.

If we can get him for 20 million he would be a quality squad player to have

Unread 27-02-2023, 09:41 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Fully fit and match sharp and he would have done better with those chances that came his way. He was given a job to do by ETH and he did it perfect.

If we can get him for 20 million he would be a quality squad player to have
Think he’ll finish the season well if he gets the games. We’re getting a few mf players back so, a bit of competition/rotation. We’ll need it. Just a bit wary of lack of options up front, unless… Martial amazes us all and decides he wants a bit of the action.

Unread 27-02-2023, 09:45 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Think he’ll finish the season well if he gets the games. We’re getting a few mf players back so, a bit of competition/rotation. We’ll need it. Just a bit wary of lack of options up front, unless… Martial amazes us all and decides he wants a bit of the action.
Martials finished for me. Even if he plays 7-8 games and gets goals between now and the end of the season. Just cannot rely on him.

I think if VDB is binned in the summer. Eriksen can work as Bruno’s back up.

Sign sabitzer and another top CM . Bin The Scottish Player . We then have

New CM
Casemiro
Sabitzer
Fred

As our CM options and if it ever got desperate we can shift Eriksen back there.

Three key players who need to be binned. Martial, slab and VDB. Should save 400-600k a week in wages too

Unread 27-02-2023, 09:51 AM
Coracao

Barella been linked to Liverpool past few days.

He'd be a quality option for us to look at if he's moving.

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:03 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Martials finished for me. Even if he plays 7-8 games and gets goals between now and the end of the season. Just cannot rely on him.

I think if VDB is binned in the summer. Eriksen can work as Bruno’s back up.

Sign sabitzer and another top CM . Bin The Scottish Player . We then have

New CM
Casemiro
Sabitzer
Fred

As our CM options and if it ever got desperate we can shift Eriksen back there.

Three key players who need to be binned. Martial, slab and VDB. Should save 400-600k a week in wages too
We could actually do with somebody else up top, matey

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:22 AM
Dr Stranger

I can see us snapping him up this summer. Great option at a reasonable price.

Did well yesterday. The changes were really good and showcased our depth once we have a close to fully fit squad.

Unread 01-03-2023, 11:38 PM
AK14

Another solid performance

Along with Weggy I hope we make his move permanent.

Unread 01-03-2023, 11:42 PM
dunk

Did well, a touch slow though, hope he’s just getting up to speed still.

The Scottish Player was no help to him in that first half at all. He’s way off the pace.

Unread 02-03-2023, 12:35 AM
redhegemony

Still feeling his way a bit but clearly talented

Unread 02-03-2023, 12:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Feels like he’s still adjusting to us and the league, but he’s clearly a good player.

Unread 02-03-2023, 01:06 PM
Pop

Not afraid to put the boot in either. Refreshing in this day of hugs and kisses before during and after games.

Unread 02-03-2023, 01:16 PM
Whip Hubley

Cool

Big, big fan. Certainly hope he sticks around, especially if it's for the circa 18m that's been touted.

A better option than fred or The Scottish Player imo. Excellent reading of the game, good vision, can put a tackle in.

Unread 02-03-2023, 02:12 PM
windy waffles

Will be a fantastic member of the squad.

Sign him up.

Unread 02-03-2023, 02:29 PM
tatty

It’s been a while since we’ve had backup midfielders you could have any confidence in.

The new Nicky Butt.

Unread 02-03-2023, 02:54 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
It’s been a while since we’ve had backup midfielders you could have any confidence in.

The new Nicky Butt.
I would go along with that as it's a very fair opinion

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:07 PM
windy waffles

Wants to stay at United...

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:15 PM
Coracao

He's decent but we should be looking at a midfielder to improve the first XI. Doubt we have the funds to do both.

Mainoo or Mejbri should get minutes as 5th choice

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:37 PM
Jethro

What's wrong with having dependable squad players? If it's a reasonable price then go for it. That being said a goal or two wouldn't damage his cause.

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
What's wrong with having dependable squad players? If it's a reasonable price then go for it. That being said a goal or two wouldn't damage his cause.
Forced a couple of decent saves tbf. 1 v Leeds and 1 in the week that I remember.

I like him, would deffo keep if budgets are tight and spent on a striker.