United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2011, 11:34 PM
bobbledinho

Default Re: Neil Lennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
SSN have shown the footage a dozen times and it looks like he celebrates a goal, just like dozens of other managers have done since this weekend. It actually showed the celebrations from the first goal and he looked like he lost it a bit but he was attacked after the second goal.

The point is, if there are people out there mental enough to send a bomb through the post to you, celebrating a goal isn't going to change anything is it?
Amazing that you think Lennon is in some obscure way at fault for this.
No. But I imagine the fan was pissed off after the first goal celebrations and snapped after the second. Nobody is saying it's a rational reaction, it's the behaviour of a cretin. Lennon can't be blamed at all, but he doesn't do himself any favours by being such an unlikable(widely despised) @#%&!.

The less focus on him the better/safer. Probably a blessing in disguise he's fluffed the league.

Unread 11-05-2011, 11:35 PM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Maye Celtic should get Rangers fans to vote for their next manager? could solve some of the problems.
Don't see the logic there tbh.

Unread 11-05-2011, 11:42 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
No. But I imagine the fan was pissed off after the first goal celebrations and snapped after the second. Nobody is saying it's a rational reaction, it's the behaviour of a cretin. Lennon can't be blamed at all, but he doesn't do himself any favours by being such an unlikable(widely despised) @#%&!.

The less focus on him the better/safer. Probably a blessing in disguise he's fluffed the league.
Read that back to yourself, breathe easy, relax, log off.

Unread 11-05-2011, 11:43 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Don't see the logic there tbh.
Read the posts by you and the other client Ashley Grime.

Unread 11-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
The fan was most likely responding to Lennon's gesture.
a goal celebration?

Unread 12-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Pop

Unread 12-05-2011, 12:22 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
a goal celebration?
Exactly

Its like Mark Walters, what was he doing being black during an old firm game? Yeah sure bananas were thrown at him but didn't he think of the reaction he would have caused by walking out in black skin did he? Disgraceful! Now Davie Cooper, that was a nice respectable white Rangers winger Celtic supporters didn't absolutely hate.

Unread 12-05-2011, 12:22 AM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Read that back to yourself, breathe easy, relax, log off.
Mate I won't lose any sleep over him but he doesn't do himself any favours. #justsaying

Unread 12-05-2011, 01:12 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down Re: Neil Lennon

Scottish £#%&!ing football eh

think just about everybody has missed the story here...the attacker looks like no Hearts fan I know....he's obviously Al-Qaeda and he thought Lennon was Prince Harry....

Unread 12-05-2011, 01:29 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Unread 12-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Scottish £#%&!ing football eh

think just about everybody has missed the story here...the attacker looks like no Hearts fan I know....he's obviously Al-Qaeda and he thought Lennon was Prince Harry....

Ginger - check
Bigoted - check
Crap at football - check

Unread 12-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
a goal celebration?
yeah, went out of his way to celebrate it with the Heart's fans.

and that's how they repay him??

Unread 12-05-2011, 01:50 AM
J_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Neck
seems a hatred of plaque was behind it...

Sad to see Jimmy Nail has fallen so far really , I think Lennon refused to be in the next Auf Wiedersehen Pet, Jimmy wanted him to be the new Bomber

Unread 12-05-2011, 01:58 AM
Harry The Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
Sad to see Jimmy Nail has fallen so far really , I think Lennon refused to be in the next Auf Wiedersehen Pet, Jimmy wanted him to be the new Bomber

Thats Jerzy Dudek surely. Nice tracksuit bottoms though.

Unread 12-05-2011, 07:52 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Only quoting this as its the only way to watch embedded YouTube links on the stupid iPad so far as I can tell.

Unread 12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
dunk

I think the main difference between Lennon and O'Neil is that Lennon played in the SPL recently and the memories of what an antagonistic @#%&! he is on the pitch are all relatively fresh for them in the stands. I don't even know if O'Neil ever played in Scotland, but if he did he'd been away for 20 years or more prior to managing Celtic.

There probably is a major difference in the abrasiveness of their characters as well.

I pay little attention to a league that holds as much significance as the Faroe Islands league (if they have one) but from what I can tell, Lennon has done £#%&! all other than stand up for himself and argue with a few people, which is no more or less than any other football manager, surely?

Unread 12-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Pop

24 hour police protection, panic alarms in his home, physically attacked in the streets and his wife wears a panic button. @#%&! on the pitch or not that is £#%&!ing madness. Can't believe some @#%&!s are having a go at him for riling the @#%&!s. Cupping his £#%&!ing ears? He should be flinging his shit at the knuckle dragging haggis eating £#%&!ers.

Unread 12-05-2011, 09:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
24 hour police protection, panic alarms in his home, physically attacked in the streets and his wife wears a panic button. @#%&! on the pitch or not that is £#%&!ing madness. Can't believe some @#%&!s are having a go at him for riling the @#%&!s. Cupping his £#%&!ing ears? He should be flinging his shit at the knuckle dragging haggis eating £#%&!ers.
Yep. Scotland is as good an example of the requirement for some form of genocide as you'll find.

Unread 12-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Exactly

Its like Mark Walters, what was he doing being black during an old firm game? Yeah sure bananas were thrown at him but didn't he think of the reaction he would have caused by walking out in black skin did he? Disgraceful! Now Davie Cooper, that was a nice respectable white Rangers winger Celtic supporters didn't absolutely hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
both these comments are spot on.

ffs, how can people blame lennon? it's the bigots that should be condemned.

Unread 12-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Yep. Odd that people are blaming him tbf.
Closed Thread