Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2022, 10:29 AM
dunk

Exclamation Scott The Scottish Player - Pivotal

That’ll please a few

Unread 29-06-2022, 10:30 AM
armchair

He'll have to up his game. No more hiding.

Unread 29-06-2022, 10:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He'll have to up his game. No more hiding.
You’d like to think ETH and his coaching staff could improve him. He’s got all the attributes and can play a bit, it’s the inconsistency and lack of confidence in certain situations that hamper him.

Unread 29-06-2022, 10:34 AM
saffers

He's a good player who could become great under a coach like ETH.

Wonder where he would be now had he been under Mourinho from his debut until now.

He's got all the raw materials imo.

Unread 29-06-2022, 10:37 AM
Jethro

His long passing is by far his biggest weakness but I feel it's something we'll be seeing less of as a whole with ETH. I like Scott a lot. Make or break season for him though.

Unread 29-06-2022, 10:37 AM
shenwen

Must be tough resisting all those offers.

Can’t see any great improvement being made myself. He’s not a top midfielder and never will be. Maybe play him in defence?

Unread 29-06-2022, 10:47 AM
20LEgend1999

Hands off warnings issued for Harry Maguire and Scott The Scottish Player already. Not going to take long for some to turn on Ten Hag.

I've always liked The Scottish Player as a squad rotation player, which I think he is likely to be for the time being.

Unread 29-06-2022, 10:55 AM
Red_Rizla

I like McTom. He is unpretentious and a grafter. His long passing is a weakness, but he can defend, tackle, drive forward and score.

There have been rumours that EtH might convert him to a RB. I think this could work. Thoughts?

Unread 29-06-2022, 10:56 AM
marlo

If that’s his thinking then ETH wont last be here 2024/25 season.

The Scottish Player can’t even break into Scotland’s midfield despite big club bias.

he could improve but i doubt it.

I’d rather put Fred in there and keep garner hanging around

Unread 29-06-2022, 11:02 AM
Joe Biden

Technical ability wise he's the worst I've seen at the club along with smalling and bebe. If they put this plank next to de Jong it will be another pogba situation with the Dutch guy.

Unread 29-06-2022, 11:08 AM
armchair

Garner is a mile ahead in terms of technical ability and reading of the game. He also seems far more intelligent and level-headed.

Unread 29-06-2022, 11:11 AM
shenwen

Fred's a better player. And Garner has more potential.

Nothing to do with coaching. At 26 he doesn't have the attributes you'd demand from a top midfielder. Most here have said that he's a squad player at best. That's where I think he'll land this season.

Unread 29-06-2022, 11:12 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
If that’s his thinking then ETH wont last be here 2024/25 season.

The Scottish Player can’t even break into Scotland’s midfield despite big club bias.

he could improve but i doubt it.

I’d rather put Fred in there and keep garner hanging around
Fred should start with Frenkie for sure. But I dont think Big Mac is disposable.

He plays at centre back for Scotland no?

Unread 29-06-2022, 11:13 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
He plays at centre back for Scotland no?
Tells you everything.

Unread 29-06-2022, 11:19 AM
Patty_b

Always liked him, rated him more a few seasons ago than I do now. But at least he always looks like he gives a shit, and is willing to put himself about for the cause.

Doesn't seem to be much improvement to his game and if anything it seems like he wants to hide when we're on the ball more than he did a few years ago.

But like Martial he's another one we won't be flogging this summer so going to hope for the best. Bounce him out next season if he's shit.

Unread 29-06-2022, 11:23 AM
Blomq15

I like The Scottish Player. Good player.

Unread 29-06-2022, 11:26 AM
Dr Stranger

- Long range passing poor
- hides/poor movement when we have the ball
- frighteningly inconsistent

Points two and three should improve under a good coach

Don’t mind him and Fred being around. They have their attributes, their attitude is good and they can improve. We just shouldn’t be building a team around them.

Unread 29-06-2022, 11:27 AM
Dasilvatwins

Might get away with him playing at the base of a 3 man midfield to just break up and win the ball . Can’t ever seeing him being a competent 6, good to have as a squad player.

May have fletcher vibes about him, he was a late bloomer . Pivotal? No, useful as a squad player? Yes

Unread 29-06-2022, 11:32 AM
andyroo

Pivotal?

He can swivel.

Unread 29-06-2022, 11:34 AM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Garner is a mile ahead in terms of technical ability and reading of the game. He also seems far more intelligent and level-headed.
This.
Scott is afraid of the game. Very limited passing ability. Hides between players to avoid receiving the ball. One good game in ten. Gets insecure and mouths off whenever someone points out easily observable facts about his flaws.
I’m not ruling him out of overcoming all this but he’s got a lot of work to do before he becomes half the player he seems convinced he already is.
Closed Thread