United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2020, 08:46 PM
Sparky***

City would buy him and stick him on the bench. Like Mahrez.

That's the kind of squads you're up against now

Unread 27-07-2020, 08:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Grealish can play off the left, the front and in midfield.

VDB you would imagine would be coming in and competing for Pogba's spot. He isn't going to be a viable replacement for Matic.

I'd say we could do with someone who offers us the versatility that Grealish would provide tbh. As our options are gash.
I’d like a top class midfield alternative to Pogba to vary our options, but would also like more useful attacking options.. I’m greedy though I’d be signing 2 or 3 forwards, 2 or 3 midfielders and a CB minimum

Unread 27-07-2020, 08:50 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

True. But he probably gets 25-30 starts if he joins Utd over a season.

I think he is one of those who would step up a level.

Unread 27-07-2020, 08:50 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:

Now? We sat Berbatov and Tevez on the bench most weeks 10 years ago.

Unread 27-07-2020, 08:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Now? We sat Berbatov and Tevez on the bench most weeks 10 years ago.
and if i remember we had tevez on loan and let him go because we weren't prepared to pay 40m for him...

guess what team did

then a year later we sold ronaldo to keep our heads above water on loan payements.

Unread 27-07-2020, 08:57 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
and if i remember we had tevez on loan and let him go because we weren't prepared to pay 40m for him...

guess what team did

then a year later we sold ronaldo to keep our heads above water on loan payements.

True. Glazer's gonna Glazer.

Quote:
We sold Ronaldo because he asked to leave tbf.

Unread 27-07-2020, 09:05 PM
no fun

Know it shouldn’t matter but whilst I don’t think he’s good enough for united it’s his haircut that really puts me off

Unread 27-07-2020, 09:16 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Know it shouldn’t matter but whilst I don’t think he’s good enough for united it’s his haircut that really puts me off
Nah. It's the socks.

Unread 27-07-2020, 09:30 PM
armchair

corona virus is a hoax!

the bandy legged bastard.

Unread 27-07-2020, 10:05 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Nah. It's the socks.
It’s both. The hairdo is an open invitation to do his unprotected shins.

Unread 27-07-2020, 10:12 PM
lenin

He’s created an absurd amount of chances this year in a shit team. On the flip side, his hair is shit, he wears socks like a gimp and he seems a bit of a #@&%!.

I think he’d do alright. I’d prefer David Brooks. Haircut you can set your watch to that lad. Socks at knee height as god intended.

Unread 27-07-2020, 10:23 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
He’s created an absurd amount of chances this year in a shit team. On the flip side, his hair is shit, he wears socks like a gimp and he seems a bit of a #@&%!.

I think he’d do alright. I’d prefer David Brooks. Haircut you can set your watch to that lad. Socks at knee height as god intended.
also bandy legged looking rickets mother£#%&!er

Unread 27-07-2020, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
And had wanted out a year earlier.

Unread 27-07-2020, 11:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

And the only reason we bought berbatov was because we knew ronaldo was leaving for a record fee the next summer.

And it's pretty common knowledge that we would have defaulted on the interest payments in 2009 had the Ronaldo money not come in (which we got up front by the way in one sum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Grealish can play off the left, the front and in midfield.

VDB you would imagine would be coming in and competing for Pogba's spot. He isn't going to be a viable replacement for Matic.

I'd say we could do with someone who offers us the versatility that Grealish would provide tbh. As our options are gash.
I agree.

I've watched Grealish a few times and I think he's a real talent. He has the ability to beat a player on the run which any team needs from midfield - and as has been already said WE NEED OPTIONS.

We have absolutely zero creativity coming off the bench. Nobody a bit different who can change a game.

Unread 28-07-2020, 03:22 AM
utd99

Quote:

guess what team did

We matched the clause on Tevez, albeit late in the day, but by that time Joorabchian had realised there was more on (under) the table from City and had poisoned him. One of Fergie’s biggest mistakes I think.

Ronaldo was leaving no matter what. We did well keeping him another year and getting full whack from Madrid.

Quote:
I've watched Grealish a few times and I think he's a real talent. He has the ability to beat a player on the run which any team needs from midfield - and as has been already said WE NEED OPTIONS.

We have absolutely zero creativity coming off the bench. Nobody a bit different who can change a game.
Would he come to be a sub? Would we pay that much for a sub?

Unread 28-07-2020, 09:01 AM
windy waffles

Apparently, according to Sky, we want a centre back, a winger and an attacking midfielder to compliment Pogba and Fernandes.

Reckon he's gonna end up here tbh.

Unread 28-07-2020, 09:23 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We matched the clause on Tevez, albeit late in the day, but by that time Joorabchian had realised there was more on (under) the table from City and had poisoned him. One of Fergie’s biggest mistakes I think.

Ronaldo was leaving no matter what. We did well keeping him another year and getting full whack from Madrid.

He wouldn't be coming to be purely a sub would he. He would get plenty of games. Given the paucity of options, he would probably play in nearly every game. Either starting or coming off the bench. If the last few weeks have told us anything, it is that we are woefully short. The manager has been scared of using his squad as he doesn't trust any of the others. None of our XI are at a level that they should play regardless of form. But they are due to how useless the others are.

Unread 28-07-2020, 06:14 PM
red in cumbria

He wants to come here apparently, which might be seen as a good sign. Then again, so did Schneiderlin.

Unread 28-07-2020, 06:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

If we want to challenge the two teams above us, yes. We're going to need that type of quality on the bench.

Unread 28-07-2020, 06:30 PM
bosskeano

grealish would be luxury buy at this point....we don't need another left sided player and we don't need another ACM b/c of Fernandes

Again the money it would cost to land him would warrant him being a starter and that isn't going to happen

UNLESS Pogba is sold
Closed Thread