Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2013, 12:27 PM
no fun

me dad died 3 days before that

Unread 25-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
IIRC the match wasnt on telly. Remember my dad going mental, telling me to come listen. All crowded round the kitchen radio.

No gifs in those days so had to wait for the 10 o clock news to see it
Was a lot £#%&!ing less stressful wasn't it? Watching teletext for the in televised scores during the run in. No opposition forums enhancing the nerves....

Unread 25-01-2013, 01:24 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
sportsnight. des lynam presenting
yes, one of those kennedy moments. seem to remember lynam wearing a black tie but pretty sure I made that up Even so, they kept the drama going with Lynam's intro. I was sat watching the game wondering "what the £#%&! could it be?" and then - boom

am I the only one for whom it doesn't seem like yesterday? 18 years feels about right...

Unread 25-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
is that borsuk on the far-right?
was just going to ask that

remember listening to the game on 5live and then watching a po-faced des lynam do his sanctimonious bit on motd afterwards. always hated that @#%&! from that day on.

school next day was fun with everybody kung-£#%&!icking each other

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:01 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
was just going to ask that

remember listening to the game on 5live and then watching a po-faced des lynam do his sanctimonious bit on motd afterwards. always hated that @#%&! from that day on.

school next day was fun with everybody kung-£#%&!icking each other
you went to school in hong kong. everyday was like that.

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Dueling Banjos

The guy at the top with the face.

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:26 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
the reaction on people's faces around them is still the best

All those faces are so ridiculously familiar...I studied that photo so many £#%&!ing times

The camp hand across the mouth guy, the sergeant Major, Del Boy & Rodney, the joyous little girl in the purple puffa jacket etc..

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:32 PM
elhombre

Tom Tyrrell nearly had a heart attack on Piccadilly 1152am.

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:34 PM
hopkins

Larry David top left

Guy in the black leather jacket below Major needs photshopping with a "soon"

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Pop

If only

Unread 25-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
If only

Superb.

Unread 25-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
If only

Nazi salute too.

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing. :shakehead:

Unread 25-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Alex Ferguson:

Quote:
"I don't think any player in the history of football will get the sentence he got unless they had killed Bert Millichip's dog."

Unread 25-01-2013, 06:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
is that borsuk on the far-right?
Dunno, but Matthew Simmonds certainly was

Unread 25-01-2013, 06:11 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

Unread 25-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

Unread 25-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Johnaldo

Most certainly White Star Line news of a chilly nature, but didnt know about that @#%&! palace fan having some further aggro at a football match a few years back

Quote:

Wed, May 11, 2011

News

Matthew Simmons, the infamous Crystal Palace fan who was kung-£#%&!icked by Eric Cantona in 1995 and still hated by his fans, has avoided jail time for assault on a manager of his son’s football team.

He was handed a six-month jail sentence, suspended for two years, plus ordered to undertake 150 hours of community service for attacking Stuart Cooper. Last month, a jury found Simmons guilty of assault causing actual bodily harm after hearing the 36-year-old clashed with Mr Cooper at a pre-season match following his the latter’s decision to drop his son from his under-8s side, allegedly after learning of the Cantona incident.

On sentencing Simmons at Kingston crown court, Judge Michael Hopmeier said: “On August 7 2010, families came to watch a football match. Your own son was playing as well as the son of your victim.”

“For reasons that remain unclear, you decided to assault your victim by punching him repeatedly in the face, arms and body. It seems there been some antagonism between you and him as a result of events that had taken place some years previously.”

On top of the suspended sentence and community service, Simmons was also ordered to pay £1,000 in compensation to his victim and £2,000 in prosecution costs.

Unread 25-01-2013, 08:45 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
£#%&! me. Time don't half fly. We'll all be dead soon.
I am apparently

According to Lee Sharpe Froggies only reprimand to him afterwards in the dressing room was "Eric, you can't go round doing things like that son" the rest of the team was very disapointed apparently at the lack of things being thrown around.

Could be bullshit but he was there I suppose

Unread 25-01-2013, 09:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
I am apparently

According to Lee Sharpe Froggies only reprimand to him afterwards in the dressing room was "Eric, you can't go round doing things like that son" the rest of the team was very disapointed apparently at the lack of things being thrown around.

Could be bullshit but he was there I suppose
I thought Freggie was just referring to Cantona's sending off?? He didn't really *know* what had happened afterwards at that point and hadn't seen it. It was only later that he learned the truth - apparently he watched the TV coverage over and over into the early hours of the morning, unable to believe what had happened

IIRC his original instinct was that Eric could never play for the club again - it was only after a day or two that he had a rethink

Unread 26-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up

eric takes offence at being told his act was unforgivable

Closed Thread