United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Default How many appearances is Giggs off the record?

Must be close now?

Unread 12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
naes_sean

I £#%&!ing hope so!

edit:

http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/appearances/overall.html

Charlton: 759
Giggs: 745

Unread 12-02-2008, 07:32 PM
My Name is Keith

Giggs is just glad that the record is based on 'appearances' rather than the 'amount of times he's played'.

Unread 12-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Giggs is a legend who is still living the dream in his mid thirties

He is the brains of the team even now, an absolute thoroughbred who is more than a match for most of the whipper snappers he plays with

He's more of a £#%&!ing goal threat than most of them as well, and has been one of United's best players over the past couple of months

Unread 12-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
He's more of a £#%&!ing goal threat than most of them as well
Yes, course he is.

Unread 12-02-2008, 07:47 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
He is the brains of the team even now
no £#%&!ing wonder we got turned over on sunday then

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Yes, course he is.
He has scored more goals this season than our entire recognised central midfield put together

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:10 PM
wonky no

anyone who things giggs brings nothing to united is a silly billy.

he's a winger and has that mentallity, wingers are generally hit and miss performance wise and easilly knocked of track. the fact that he is asked to play in the middle wont change that. If you need evidence of a wingers mental state look at ronnie on sunday.

would you sell him to arsenal and play nani?

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:13 PM
</forzagarza>

I can't say off the record

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

has been one of United's best players over the past couple of months
Nonsense.

I hope he stays for another three years so SAF can space out that fifteen appearences he needs to overtake Bobby.

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:20 PM
MJ Ramone

I would never slag off Ryan Giggs.
He's a great, great player. A United legend.
Unfortunately he is turning in more & more average games these days.
It's not great to see to be honest.

The worrying thing is, I'd still pick him over Nani & Park every day of the week.

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Ether

Quote:
He has scored more goals this season than our entire recognised central midfield put together
That's great, but he doesn't play in central midfield.

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
That's great, but he doesn't play in central midfield.
He does sometimes.

But that wasn't my original point, of course.

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Spiffy

The number of average games Giggs has had is embarassing. However if he played for any of our competition we'd want him at United (OK we wouldn't admit it). We've become complacent. Think how many other wingers have come to the Prem and established themselves and been more consistent in the past 10 years. None.

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
The number of average games Giggs has had is embarassing. However if he played for any of our competition we'd want him at United (OK we wouldn't admit it). We've become complacent. Think how many other wingers have come to the Prem and established themselves and been more consistent in the past 10 years. None.
it's a good post that

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Ether

Quote:
He does sometimes.

But that wasn't my original point, of course.
What was your point then? Central midfielders aside, Giggs must have the worst goals to games ratio of all our attacking players this season.

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:39 PM
wonky no

Quote:
What was your point then? Central midfielders aside, Giggs must have the worst goals to games ratio of all our attacking players this season.
he has as many shots on goal as vds though

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
This thread is still on page one the way I've got it set up.

Unread 12-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Giggs is a legend who is still living the dream in his mid thirties

He is the brains of the team even now, an absolute thoroughbred who is more than a match for most of the whipper snappers he plays with

He's more of a £#%&!ing goal threat than most of them as well, and has been one of United's best players over the past couple of months

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
anyone who things giggs brings nothing to united is a silly billy.

he's a winger and has that mentallity, wingers are generally hit and miss performance wise and easilly knocked of track. the fact that he is asked to play in the middle wont change that. If you need evidence of a wingers mental state look at ronnie on sunday.

Word

Unread 12-02-2008, 11:30 PM
marlo stansfield

one thing ive noticed about giggs is he cant shoot properly on the favoured side.

a few times of late he has had shooting opportunities on his favoured left foot in which all he has to do is hammer it across the keeper towards the far post but he ALWAYS sends in thi floater that goes over or the keeper just palms over. very weird.

great player though and very intelligent.
Closed Thread