United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2018, 08:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I don't know what game he wants to get out of them.

What is this team trying to do? How does he envisage matches going?

Make no mistakes and hope the good players just conjure up something?
This. This. This. Been saying the same for 18 months ffs. It’s like Moyes all over again.

Unread 11-02-2018, 10:20 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

He was throwing subbies at LVG at the beginning re the way the team had been coached.

He's nearly been here as long as LVG was now

Unread 11-02-2018, 10:22 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
He was throwing subbies at LVG at the beginning re the way the team had been coached.

He's nearly been here as long as LVG was now
At this point in Van Gaal’s tenure we had already come to an agreement with Mourinho

Unread 11-02-2018, 11:09 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Yep. LVG failed in implementing his aims but at least he had one.

What is ours now with Mourinho? Spend money on random players? **** on a stick? Try not to lose? Send the young talents on loan whilst Smalling and co get first team appearance after appearance?

Unread 12-02-2018, 12:10 AM
red in cumbria

What I want to know is why we are so slow and ponderous, and have almost totally lost the ability to play fast paced one-touch football.

Mourinho isn't to blame for this as such - the latter thing in particular started in SAF's later years - but he doesn't seem to be busting a gut to change it either

Unread 12-02-2018, 12:19 AM
Pop

I don't recall his Chelsea sides being this awful to watch, surely?

Unread 12-02-2018, 12:40 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
What I want to know is why we are so slow and ponderous, and have almost totally lost the ability to play fast paced one-touch football.

Mourinho isn't to blame for this as such - the latter thing in particular started in SAF's later years - but he doesn't seem to be busting a gut to change it either
This and the fact we don't have any kind of playing style or identity, we neither fish nor fowl.

Unread 12-02-2018, 01:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Something not right when over eight years, we have an apparent malaise through the team over four managers. Smalling is shit and needs shipping but the fk was hardly in a dangerous position and was there to be defended. Somebody described a move on the rw involving Mata which, instead of developing from a promising position, ended up back at the cb. Nothing new there, looking back over recent years but wtf is wrong with the £#%&!ers? Any kid instinctively knows to show for the ball to progress a move. We’ve played worse and won but ffs, missing chances and not making changes up front.... persistence with the Pogba/Matic axis... the defence and give Shaw a run ffs.. at least he provides a threat. Get a big boss cb and ditto mf in summer.

The broader issue is, are the players switched off? Sure looks like it. Saving it for the cups and assuming they’ve got top four? £#%&! knows. Jose not swinging the axe for fear of Chavs type dressing room?

Unread 17-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Sums up my thoughts. If some shitheads like us on an Internet forum can see it why can’t one of the most successful living managers?
Managers usually can. They’re also in possession of much more information than supporters and are dealing with the realities and dynamics of club and dressing room politics.

What’s more a manager is in position to know the actual cause of any issues rather than just seeing the symptoms like we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Why have we given new contracts to shite like Mata, Young and Herrera. Just get rid and off the wage bill. Why are we begging a useless turd like Fellaini to resign it’s all very concerning.
Because it’s cheaper than replacing them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Right now, his players should be the bedrock of a team on the up, yet the distance between us and the the best in Europe has never been bigger.
Never? So we were closer during the past 5 years and now we’re further away?

Why do people think progression is a steady linear process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
How can jose mourinho, single out shaw a few months back and with a straight face NEVER call out smalling.
Because smalling is never going to get better and isnt seen as the future, but shaw can develop? Because shaw is a @#%&! who needs challenging to see how he responds? Because smalling is a @#%&! who will crumble if called out? Because smalling is a big influence in the dressing room and will act the @#%&!? £#%&! know, is the point. But there’ll be a reason. None of us has a clue.

Unread 17-02-2018, 10:19 PM
Luffy

i don’t think you can blame our defenders or manager for the malaise. I don’t think I’ve seen many top teams £#%&! up easy goals as much as we do. Whether is misplacing an easy 5 yard pass or missing an open goal - our forwards just can’t switch it on reliably.

Unread 17-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Managers usually can. They’re also in possession of much more information than supporters and are dealing with the realities and dynamics of club and dressing room politics.

What’s more a manager is in position to know the actual cause of any issues rather than just seeing the symptoms like we do.

Because it’s cheaper than replacing them?

Never? So we were closer during the past 5 years and now we’re further away?

Why do people think progression is a steady linear process?

Because smalling is never going to get better and isnt seen as the future, but shaw can develop? Because shaw is a @#%&! who needs challenging to see how he responds? Because smalling is a @#%&! who will crumble if called out? Because smalling is a big influence in the dressing room and will act the @#%&!? £#%&! know, is the point. But there’ll be a reason. None of us has a clue.
Good points dodgerers and some perspective here:

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-craig-bellamy

Unread 18-02-2018, 12:12 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
i don’t think you can blame our defenders or manager for the malaise. I don’t think I’ve seen many top teams £#%&! up easy goals as much as we do. Whether is misplacing an easy 5 yard pass or missing an open goal - our forwards just can’t switch it on reliably.
We do seem to miss chances an awful lot in the last few years, this is true.

Unread 18-02-2018, 01:22 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy

This current United side sure aint easy on the eye either

Unread 18-02-2018, 01:31 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We do seem to miss chances an awful lot in the last few years, this is true.
We've missed a lot of chances this season and last season.

Under Van Gaal we just didn't £#%&!ing create any.

Unread 22-02-2018, 02:44 AM
Part 36 Offer

What i can't understand with this @#%&! is that all of his previous teams have been full of pace and strength but we are slow, pedestrian and absolutely devoid of any imagination. I dread watching us.

Unread 22-02-2018, 03:19 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Who could we realistically get? Is Ancelloti still out of work?
it seems united have turned into the conservative party.

Unread 22-02-2018, 03:22 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
What i can't understand with this @#%&! is that all of his previous teams have been full of pace and strength but we are slow, pedestrian and absolutely devoid of any imagination. I dread watching us.
Yup, no-one was expecting 70’s Brazil but this isn’t even a shadow of his Porto/Inter teams.

Unread 22-02-2018, 03:27 AM
armchair

Wenger would have us playing 'better' football and we'd be struggling to get into the european places.

Unread 22-02-2018, 04:17 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Yup, no-one was expecting 70’s Brazil but this isn’t even a shadow of his Porto/Inter teams.
yep. it's dire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Wenger would have us playing 'better' football and we'd be struggling to get into the european places.
Odd comment. No one is saying get Wenger in are they. Teams can be successful and play even just half decent football you know. Mourinho has managed several teams himself in the past who have been able to combine the two.

That's what is even more frustrating; Mou has been negative at times over the years but he has never been this bad. It's absolutely diabolical stuff. He should be ashamed.

Unread 22-02-2018, 08:27 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
The squad was an absolute shambles when he came though. I think we all thought we would have come further along 18 months in but I think with his track record he deserves at least one more season to put things right.

It'd be hard to justify his sacking as things stand. If things get worse results and playing style wise then I would start understanding more. Whatever happens, we'll surely be much better off post-mou than we were before he came.
Closed Thread