United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 28-04-2023, 10:40 AM
Ethers

Gonna be some very disappointed lads with maroon shirts after this is finished. No coincidence that it’s all gone very quiet from the Qatari’s mouthpieces. They’ve done a Craig David.

Unread 28-04-2023, 10:44 AM
Hyman_Roth

So is the only acceptable ownership model a Middle East country which has no financial responsibilities?

Unread 28-04-2023, 10:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
So is the only acceptable ownership model a Middle East country which has no financial responsibilities?
Do you like the Jim model of keeping the Glazers in on a reduced scale?

Unread 28-04-2023, 10:51 AM
Dr Stranger

Unread 28-04-2023, 11:23 AM
shenwen

Quote:
What else is on the table?

It's like choosing between Clinton and Trump in 2016. I'd rather neither but what can you do?

Unread 28-04-2023, 11:23 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Do you like the Jim model of keeping the Glazers in on a reduced scale?
Not massively but as far as I can tell, they’re simply minority shareholders without a controlling interest. The club will be run by the majority owners.

The key downside is that the glazers will only remain if they can see an improvement in their return/growth of their share value and to achieve that, the club has to commercially grow its value.

But I fundamentally don’t have a problem with the club being commercially successful and run with that in mind. That’s being a sustainable club. My main issue with the glazers is the level of debt, dividend expectations and them being absolutely £#%&!ing clueless in terms of appointments and investment.

If Jim deals with those issues sensibly then I’m fine with it.

Unread 28-04-2023, 11:24 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Gonna be some very disappointed lads with maroon shirts after this is finished. No coincidence that it’s all gone very quiet from the Qatari’s mouthpieces. They’ve done a Craig David.
Think it could be disappointing whichever way it lands.

But I'd prefer the disappointment that comes with no Glazers and hedge funds.

Unread 28-04-2023, 11:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Not massively but as far as I can tell, they’re simply minority shareholders without a controlling interest. The club will be run by the majority owners.

The key downside is that the glazers will only remain if they can see an improvement in their return/growth of their share value and to achieve that, the club has to commercially grow its value.

But I fundamentally don’t have a problem with the club being commercially successful and run with that in mind. That’s being a sustainable club. My main issue with the glazers is the level of debt, dividend expectations and them being absolutely £#%&!ing clueless in terms of appointments and investment.

If Jim deals with those issues sensibly then I’m fine with it.
Fair enough. Re your last sentence - and if Jim didnt deal with those issues adequately?

Unread 28-04-2023, 11:31 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Fair enough. Re your last sentence - and if Jim didnt deal with those issues adequately?
If the options are only a highly leveraged commercially challenging Jim bid, the glazers staying or Qatar then it’s Qatar.

Qatari ownership will simply hasten my disinterest in the sport and the club. The sport itself will deteriorate at an alarming rate if we get taken over by Qatar. Us, Newcastle, city and psg battling it out for all the top honours. Exciting stuff.

Thankfully, my views don’t matter one iota.

Unread 28-04-2023, 11:55 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
If the options are only a highly leveraged commercially challenging Jim bid, the glazers staying or Qatar then it’s Qatar.

Qatari ownership will simply hasten my disinterest in the sport and the club. The sport itself will deteriorate at an alarming rate if we get taken over by Qatar. Us, Newcastle, city and psg battling it out for all the top honours. Exciting stuff.

The alternatives to a Qatar ownership (at the moment) could end up with City, PSG, Newcastle and whoever else they decide to invest in dominating while United flail about in midtable or worse every year.

Again, it's not the greatest of scenarios but I'd rather its us at the top table than not. The integrity of the game went with Mansours arrival and its got a lot worse.

Unread 28-04-2023, 12:05 PM
dinger

Quote:

It isnt a given, City owned by arabs since 2008 & PSG since 2011, 1 champions league final reached between them

Unread 28-04-2023, 12:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 28-04-2023, 12:26 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
It isnt a given, City owned by arabs since 2008 & PSG since 2011, 1 champions league final reached between them
That’s a freak anomaly. Both clubs have dominated their domestic leagues and competitions since their takeovers. Our league is the best in the world - or at least certainly in Europe, so the fact city have failed in Europe is brilliant but also unusual.

Unread 28-04-2023, 01:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Yeah barely noticed city in the last 15 years.

Unread 28-04-2023, 01:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Big Jim hold tight lad, doing solid work ...

Are the Qataris ok ? Anyone checked on them ?

Blagging @#%&!s

Unread 28-04-2023, 01:13 PM
My Name is Heath

Exclamation

Unread 28-04-2023, 01:36 PM
dragflick

Unread 28-04-2023, 04:39 PM
naes_sean

Unread 28-04-2023, 05:15 PM
Ethers

Unread 28-04-2023, 05:19 PM
Bunker Buster