United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 24-05-2023, 09:32 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Only thing !!

Sir Jimmy is buying half the club. Keeping the debt. Buying with debt. Keeping the Glazers. Reply to Qatars billions of investment promises with "putting Manc back in united". Tory Glazer buying it on the sly again. Dead by the time Rashford retires, probably and then we'll get @#%&!d around again.
I mean, the debt is bad, but provided ineos end up paying for it (as reported) and not United does it really matter? As long as we can remain competitive in the transfer market and spend 100-150 million a year (if needed) who gives a £#%&! about the debt?

It becomes a problem if we used uniteds own revenue to pay it off. I don’t think that’s going to to happen. Like I said , I personally don’t care which way it falls as long it falls to someone who is about making United the best in the world. Not taking money out of the club, investing in the club or atleast giving it a direction of wanting to have good people making the right decisions .

Can’t see the glazers having any power if they stay. It only becomes a problem say , uniteds money will be used to buy their shares off them in a few years time or whatever. Up until now, there is nothing stating that Man Utd’s own revenue or finances will be funding any part be it now or future financial business transactions of an owner .

Don’t care if he supports United or not. As long as the direction is about making us the best in the world .

Of course there’s nothing stopping ratcliffe from saying one thing and doing another, but at this specific time we know very little which includes no indication of shit housery from him

Again, before it gets taken out of context, I couldn’t care which way it falls. Personally I’m leaning towards the Qataris because they will have zero interest in getting anything back out of it but who someone wants to be the next owner doesn’t have to be so black and white and opposite ends of the scale. It’s not the end of the world if ratcliffe gets it (atleast based on reports of his bid)

Unread 24-05-2023, 10:02 PM
Lodestar

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Only thing !!

Sir Jimmy is buying half the club. Keeping the debt. Buying with debt. Keeping the Glazers. Reply to Qatars billions of investment promises with "putting Manc back in united". Tory Glazer buying it on the sly again. Dead by the time Rashford retires, probably and then we'll get @#%&!d around again.
Repped

Unread 25-05-2023, 06:26 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Qataris because they will have zero interest in getting anything back out of it

That's a belter that one...

Unread 25-05-2023, 06:53 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Same, although not as much as this

Quote:
As long as we can remain competitive in the transfer market and spend 100-150 million a year (if needed) who gives a £#%&! about the debt?

Unread 25-05-2023, 06:54 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
what a joke

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:14 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

In terms of recouping any money they put in. They’re hardly going to invest billions and then expect to be paid back. For them it’s a vanity project . Financially they know they won’t recoup 5-6 billion.

Quote:

Go on then, we have spent a lot of money on transfers the last few years, obviously not on the right players but it’s been spent. Money has been mishandled and decision making very poor, but what part of it has stopped us from spending so much?

So tell us? What part of the debt prevented us from spending close to a billion across the last 10-12 years?

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:20 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

Just out of the goodness of their hearts mate. If there's one thing we know about the Qatari state, it's that they just love to give back to their subjects.

Unless it's something as irrelevant as human rights, workers rights or freedom of speech. But never mind those eh, we need £4billion for an executive cheese room.

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:21 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Just out of the goodness of their hearts mate. If there's one thing we know about the Qatari state, it's that they just love to give back to their subjects.

Unless it's something as irrelevant as human rights, workers rights or freedom of speech. But never mind those eh, we need £4billion for an executive cheese room.
I was referring to financially. They wouldn’t be expected to recoup any money they put in

But you forum £#%&!ers keep on with your sarcastic comments. If it does end up being the Qataris I would enjoy seeing you stop supporting the club.

I mean these human rights, workers rights and freedom of speech you are so passionately for for should not be excused just because you want to watch your favourite football team right?

Or does all that go out the window ? Sport and entertainment should come second to any injustice of human rights?

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:23 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
In terms of recouping any money they put in. They’re hardly going to invest billions and then expect to be paid back. For them it’s a vanity project . Financially they know they won’t recoup 5-6 billion.

Go on then, we have spent a lot of money on transfers the last few years, obviously not on the right players but it’s been spent. Money has been mishandled and decision making very poor, but what part of it has stopped us from spending so much?

So tell us? What part of the debt prevented us from spending close to a billion across the last 10-12 years?
I’m a bit confused, are you saying the debt has never been a problem or it won’t be a problem moving forward?

As for the Qataris not making money and this being a vanity project, you need to stop being so naive. These are some of the most astute business people in the world, it’s why the economies of the Middle East are the fastest growing in the world.

If they spend 6 billion now won’t that asset be more valuable in the future when they invest in the right way?

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:25 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
I’m a bit confused, are you saying the debt has never been a problem or it won’t be a problem moving forward?

As for the Qataris not making money and this being a vanity project, you need to stop being so naive. These are some of the most astute business people in the world, it’s why the economies of the Middle East are the fastest growing in the world.

If they spend 6 billion now won’t that asset be more valuable in the future when they invest in the right way?
Yes. What I’m trying to say is if the Qataris are buying the club for 5 billion , they won’t turn around and go , ok how can we make that 5 billion we have just spent back. They’d be willing to invest and throw money into the club without expecting a hefty financial return because for them it would be about make the team the best in the world , not run it as a business and to use the club to make money for themselves. Of course they’ll be getting other things out of it, but recouping the 5 billion they paid will be not one of them

Even if they do it to sell the club down the line it won’t be the clubs money , some new owner would bid with their own money. They won’t be taking cash out of the club

Regarding the debt, my point was that ratcliffe has been reported to buy the club with loans but then make ineos pay the loans back. That isn’t an issue then? Same with if he makes ineos pay of the United debt slowly and not the clubs own finances then the point of Qataris clearing uniteds debt shouldn’t be a pro in the Qataris column.

Back to the original point that we just need owners that don’t want to take money out of the club , want to make us be the best in the world and have the right people making the right decisions . Ratcliffe or Qataris , either one seems from a distance atleast to be in the same boat.

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:30 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

They sit on some of the largest fuel reserves in the world pal. Their hardly having to twist peoples arms to buy it off them and make money

To take inspiration from Chris Rock, I've never heard an oil state say.. "Man, how am I going to get rid of all this oil?.."

Quote:
But you forum £#%&!ers keep on with your sarcastic comments. If it does end up being the Qataris I would enjoy seeing you stop supporting the club.
That's just a bit sad pal.

Quote:
I mean these human rights, workers rights and freedom of speech you are so passionately for for should not be excused just because you want to watch your favourite football team right?
No. I've made that point numorous times. Not sure what you're getting at here

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:33 AM
believe

Quote:
They sit on some of the largest fuel reserves in the world pal. Their hardly having to twist peoples arms to buy it off them and make money

To take inspiration from Chris Rock, I've never heard an oil state say.. "Man, how am I going to get rid of all this oil?.."
There’s literally not point entering a conversation with you about it because you’ll just ignore anything factual I tell you and keep using human rights and slavery as a stick to beat them with.

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:36 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
I was referring to financially. They wouldn’t be expected to recoup any money they put in

Or does all that go out the window ? Sport and entertainment should come second to any injustice of human rights?

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:40 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
There’s literally not point entering a conversation with you about it because you’ll just ignore anything factual I tell you and keep using human rights and slavery as a stick to beat them with.
I'm still waiting on the PM last time you tried this schtick. You can pretend that it's not true, despite them literally having laws outlawing homosexuality and supressing freedom of speech which includes criticisms of the state. Then we get onto the reams of evidence of their slave labour and lack of workers rights.

As I said before, if you want to put your hands over your eyes and pretend it's not happening, then whatever. But trying piss on people and tell them it's raining as some sort of sad apologist is just a bit bizarre.

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:41 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
There’s literally not point entering a conversation with you about it because you’ll just ignore anything factual I tell you and keep using human rights and slavery as a stick to beat us with.

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:47 AM
believe

Quote:
I'm still waiting on the PM last time you tried this schtick. You can pretend that it's not true, despite them literally having laws outlawing homosexuality and supressing freedom of speech which includes criticisms of the state. Then we get onto the reams of evidence of their slave labour and lack of workers rights.

As I said before, if you want to put your hands over your eyes and pretend it's not happening, then whatever. But trying piss on people and tell them it's raining as some sort of sad apologist is just a bit bizarre.
There’s absolutely no point. You can’t give me one factual example of human rights abuse or slave Labour that links Qatar yet I can give you hundreds that don’t. As for the homosexuality thing there are 1000’s of gay people living happily here without any concern of what the state thinks about them. All your information is completely blinkered and led by what the British media tells you.

I’ll give you an example about human rights and slave labour, just for you to think about. Why , when people talk about human rights and slave labour in places like China and Thailand, they always talk about Apple or Adidas (for example) by they never mention China or Thailand?

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:57 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
There’s absolutely no point. You can’t give me one factual example of human rights abuse or slave Labour that links Qatar yet I can give you hundreds that don’t. As for the homosexuality thing there are 1000’s of gay people living happily here without any concern of what the state thinks about them. All your information is completely blinkered and led by what the British media tells you.

I’ll give you an example about human rights and slave labour, just for you to think about. Why , when people talk about human rights and slave labour in places like China and Thailand, they always talk about Apple or Adidas (for example) by they never mention China or Thailand?
I'm assuming that's why they were totally comfortable with Rainbow iconography at the World Cup... No issues there, were there?

There's reams of evidence supporting what I'm saying, including their actual £#%&!ing laws ffs

You on the other hand have offered £#%&! all, despite several requests whether on here or via PM.

Are you in Dubai still? If so lets make a deal. I'll pay for and ship over a giant LGBTQ+ rainbow flag to you direct. If you hang this flag from your balcony for a week, with a selifie photo from ground level every day to prove it, I'll send you £500.00, post a grovelling apology and bow down to your apparent greater knowledge about how free gay people are in the UAE, and change my name and avatar to anything you want forever.

I'm sure there'll be no issues for you in such an accepting and free place, right?

Unread 25-05-2023, 08:02 AM
silv

Quote:
I'm assuming that's why they were totally comfortable with Rainbow iconography at the World Cup... No issues there, were there?

There's reams of evidence supporting what I'm saying, including their actual £#%&!ing laws ffs

You on the other hand have offered £#%&! all, despite several requests whether on here or via PM.

Are you in Dubai still? If so lets make a deal. I'll pay for and ship over a giant LGBTQ+ rainbow flag to you direct. If you hang this flag from your balcony for a week, with a selifie photo from ground level every day to prove it, I'll send you £500.00, post a grovelling apology and bow down to your apparent greater knowledge about how free gay people are in the UAE, and change my name and avatar to anything you want forever.

I'm sure there'll be no issues for you in such an accepting and free place, right?
this is bee wax, purple %@#$&!s bellers here show some respek

Unread 25-05-2023, 08:05 AM
believe

Why would I do something that would purposely insult people who live here and follow a certain religion? Isn’t it offensive to put up a Union Jack in England these days?

Plus no point doing something that’s already been done

https://www.metroweekly.com/2021/07/...c-gesture/amp/

To save you postage and 500 quid, why don’t you just give me an example of a human rights issue or slave labour occurrence that directly links the Qatar or UAE government?

Unread 25-05-2023, 08:08 AM
Ethers

Quote:

This subject really gets to you doesn’t it. Very weird.

There are organisations like Amnesty International, whose entire reason for existence is cataloguing things like human rights abuse, who lay out time after time the issues there still are in Qatar. That isn’t some British media led narrative. When I’ve posted links in the past, you’ve just ignored them, and posted some government backed website saying everything is fine.

I can give you hundreds that don’t sounds awfully like “in 1986, nobody died….”