United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:22 PM
wiganste

Default Just a few weeks left this season

Quarter final of the European Cup tomorrow, semi-final of the FA Cup on Saturday and 3 points clear in the league with 6 games to go.

Ok, we have a few injuries now and our squad is going to be tested to the max. So rather than slagging off individuals saying they're shit etc, let's do what us Utd fans do best.

Argue on an internet message board with people we have never met

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
£#%&! KFC

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Ed Sullivan

I £#%&!ing hate that @#%&!ing smiley.

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:26 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Quarter final of the European Cup tomorrow, semi-final of the FA Cup on Saturday and 3 points clear in the league with 6 games to go.

Ok, we have a few injuries now and our squad is going to be tested to the max. So rather than slagging off individuals saying they're shit etc, let's do what us Utd fans do best.

I would have positive repped you for that, but the mother-banging internet won't let me.

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:28 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

At the beginning of the season i wouldn't have believed that we would have achieved as much as we have this season, considering the squad we have/haven't we have overachieved to a great degree, i will be disappointed if we end up potless but i think i will look back and overall be pleased with some of the football and moments from this season.

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:29 PM
chorleyred

you are right, back in August it was all doom, we were going to be lucky to get 4th, shit squad, 451, dull shit football etc etc.

back then if we'd known we'd be in this position we'd have eagerly took it. whatever happens now this season has been a big success on the previous 3

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:30 PM
£#%&! KFC

if we end up potless I won't be ''looking back overall pleased'' at any time in the near future

we will never have a better chance of winning the league but certain players are letting us down at the worst possible time....but we'll still win the title

and Chorley you wanna stop believeing anything you read in Red Issue....

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Roxanne
I would have positive repped you for that, but the mother-banging internet won't let me.
If I rep him again, Caz will think we're having an affair.

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Red Caz

Well, I've only got the Champions League to look forward to so I've got lots of time to argue pointless points with halfwits

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:33 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside
If I rep him again, Caz will think we're having an affair.
I think she just left me bad rep.

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:33 PM
£#%&! KFC

no that was me

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:34 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
if we end up potless I won't be ''looking back overall pleased'' at any time in the near future

we will never have a better chance of winning the league but certain players are letting us down at the worst possible time....but we'll still win the title

and Chorley you wanna stop believeing anything you read in Red Issue....
oh come on admit it. I've heard you moan about 451, shit football, weak squad etc in the last few years. Not even you would have said at this point we'd still be in the cl, semi final of the cup, and favourite for the league, all playing good attacking football the likes of which we thought we'd never see again for some time, and that with you being the biggest gaylord out there

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:36 PM
£#%&! KFC

eh?? I tipped us to win the league back in August and we will

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:37 PM
chorleyred

you always tip us to win the league.

come on, admit we've done better than you thought we would

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

not a chance we haven't won anything yet but nothing we have achieved this season has surprised me I knew Carrick would be the final piece in the jigsaw and I was right

I said last year Ronnie was the best player in the world and......

and Ferdinand and Vidic have been amazing

Fergie right...Red Issue wrong...again

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:41 PM
chorleyred

you're just a stubborn old mule

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
not a chance we haven't won anything yet but nothing we have achieved this season has surprised me I knew Carrick would be the final piece in the jigsaw and I was right
Paul Scholes' renaissance and oustanding form this season has been the outstanding factor in United's run of excellent results. Carrick has performed well, however he is not one of the two or three best midfield players in the world, as Paul Scholes on top form is.

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:54 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside
Paul Scholes' renaissance and oustanding form this season has been the outstanding factor in United's run of excellent results. Carrick has performed well, however he is not one of the two or three best midfield players in the world, as Paul Scholes on top form is.

Totally agree with that. I thought we had lost Scholes (as we know and love him) and the fact that we didn't buy a backbone midfielder led me to think this season would be our worst for some time.

He has been outstanding in pretty much every game and for me he's been a major factor in Ronnies upturn in form. At least this time we wont be rushing around trying to find his replacment because Carrick is showing signs of being a very good creative midfielder, already.

The signing of Hargreaves is a must though to get the best out of Carrick.

The difference between finishing 3rd and winning the treble is the ginger wizzard. The future is bright, the future's orange.

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:56 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
Totally agree with that. I thought we had lost Scholes (as we know and love him) and the fact that we didn't buy a backbone midfielder led me to think this season would be our worst for some time.

He has been outstanding in pretty much every game and for me he's been a major factor in Ronnies upturn in form. At least this time we wont be rushing around trying to find his replacment because Carrick is showing signs of being a very good creative midfielder, already.

The signing of Hargreaves is a must though to get the best out of Carrick.

The difference between finishing 3rd and winning the treble is the ginger wizzard. The future is bright, the future's orange.

Wes?

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:58 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
Wes?
Arf!

bet he goes to bolton next season
Closed Thread