Not at the same level as martial etc, but thought he did well

puts Memphis to shame, because he works that much harder and is a team player

Unread 20-03-2016, 07:39 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
It's not .

4-3-2-1

Solid 3 in midfield . Mata behind rashers and martial . . Fullbacks pushing on to provide width
interesting idea. won't happen under van gaal. ever.

Unread 20-03-2016, 07:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Why is he only going to get better?
Experience and because that's what generally happens with players in their early 20's in their first season at this level, as they are still learning. Fairly straight forward stuff.

Technically he's pretty bloody good. Decision making is erratic, often improves with experience, gets a bit anxious sometimes, again, improves with age.

Is a bit lightweight, but again, he will get stronger and smarter the more he plays.

Unread 20-03-2016, 07:44 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Experience and because that's what generally happens with players in their early 20's in their first season at this level, as they are still learning. Fairly straight forward stuff.
Seem to just state it as an assumption. Plenty of players regress and just fall away.

He's ok and he has the odd worldy in him, but I'm far from convinced.

Today not the day to be criticising anyone who was part of that 11.

Unread 20-03-2016, 07:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Seem to just state it as an assumption. Plenty of players regress and just fall away.

He's ok and he has the odd worldy in him, but I'm far from convinced.

Today not the day to be criticising anyone who was part of that 11.
He might not improve enough to justify a spot in a resurgent United squad, doesn't mean he won't be improving.

He's been talked about since he was about 13 as a very good prospect, but a late developer. That's how it's panned out so far. Don't think it's unreasonable to expect further improvement from this point. Not every player boots down the first team door at 18 and is a fixture and the complete player forevermore.

Unread 20-03-2016, 07:52 PM
irk

He's not that good but I like the lad. Great attitude. You can see what he wants to do. Maybe he'll do a Fletcher and come good. He's young yet. Give him time.

Unread 20-03-2016, 07:54 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Maybe he'll do a Fletcher and come good.

Unread 20-03-2016, 07:55 PM
magic_cantona

Improving under a poor manager and a team in upheavel.

Good player.

Unread 20-03-2016, 07:56 PM
dunk

Miles better than Mata through the middle today and Thursday due to his ability to carry the ball forward and press the opposition quickly, btw. Shame he's not stronger.

Unread 20-03-2016, 08:28 PM
redhegemony

He's got pace and carries the ball well - I can't see why he can't develop and get stronger.

Unread 20-03-2016, 08:33 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Love Jesseh. Can tell the lad bloody loves playing for us. Lingard>Mata nqat.

Unread 20-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Red Al

I like the lad but He's an OK squad type that can fill in for Injuries and the LC etc.but nothing more.
He will be at Sunderland or Everton in a year or two.

Unread 20-03-2016, 08:35 PM
utd99

Well he certainly cannot complain about the opportunity afforded him to make his mark. Unfortunately he hasn't, and I would fully expect us to earmark that right side for a massive upgrade. Which basically means anyone decent.

Unread 20-03-2016, 08:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Well he certainly cannot complain about the opportunity afforded him to make his mark. Unfortunately he hasn't, and I would fully expect us to earmark that right side for a massive upgrade. Which basically means anyone decent.
Scored a few, made a few and added more dynamism to a pedestrian attack and grafted his %@#$&!s off.

I don't think you can say he hasn't taken his chance tbh.

Unread 20-03-2016, 08:53 PM
doudou

https://vine.co/v/idTi0BwhIw2

Unread 20-03-2016, 08:54 PM
atticusgrinch

He's not great but a good enough squad player.

Probably good for dressing room bants too.

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Swagger

He's calm fam

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Dasilvatwins

He would be a great squad player can play lw and rw and no.10 . Will be useful once they have a proper first team. Still think he can go on and better himself, atleast he isnt one dimensional a la tony v and young he drifts through and gets into channels.

Also he wont have any dream £#%&!ing moves to madrid and will not make a sound for being benched 15-20 games a season as a squad player.

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Scored a few, made a few and added more dynamism to a pedestrian attack and grafted his %@#$&!s off.

I don't think you can say he hasn't taken his chance tbh.
Well grafting your %@#$&!s off is the least that can be expected of a United player, so well done, and being faster than Mata is a plus but hardly an exclusive club. I want someone with constant excellence who can either go outside and cross from the byline or cut inside and either cross or shoot with their left; someone who understands the value of separation from the full back and provides an out ball and width. Someone who can develop an understanding with a right back in the way that Becks used to have with Neville. I don't think Lingard has shown enough of any of these traits.

And let's not forget he's quite a bit older in football terms than Martial and Rashford. I don't view him as our future in the way that they could be.

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Ethers

Yeah, cos all of our squad regularly graft their %@#$&!s off tbf
Closed Thread