United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2023, 01:34 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Women's team facilities aside assume carrington still top 5 in the country? Just throw a new jacuzzi in for any remaining insta narcisists...
Unisex? Keep everyone happy.

Unread 14-03-2023, 01:35 PM
dunk

New jacuzzi, a bit of plumbing in the bogs and a patch or 2 on the roof is all that’s required according to the top reds must be a dear do.

Unread 14-03-2023, 01:40 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
New jacuzzi, a bit of plumbing in the bogs and a patch or 2 on the roof is all that’s required according to the top reds must be a dear do.
Top reds

Yeah, I’m sure the Qatari’s number one priority is retaining the heart and soul of the stadium. Of course they’ll want a shiny identikit modern stadium like everyone else, and a wonderful retractable roof like Real that you keep harping on about.

The point being made is that those things are not ‘needed’, from the point of view of the average fan anyway.

Surprised you’ve fallen for it tbh.

Unread 14-03-2023, 01:44 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
When Lingard was asked what was wrong with Carrington he said, ‘it doesn’t look right innit’ before saying that he’d like to be the lead actor in Interstellar and that he might get into film production.

Less top reds - more critical thinking I think is the answer.

Unread 14-03-2023, 01:47 PM
dunk

I’m not in for the Qatar’s tbh, I’m just of the belief some proper investment is required in all areas

Any word on the 3rd bidder?

Jim and his debt continuation can get £#%&!ed. I’d prefer not to be an oil state play thing. What’s the other option?

Edit: when I ‘keep harping on about’ Madrid’s stadium, it’s as an example of how much a refurb costs, £#%&! all else.

Unread 14-03-2023, 01:51 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://twitter.com/utdplug/status/1...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Translation: stop being greedy bastards and sell up.
It's not "just in" - it's been said for weeks they won't over pay.

Unread 14-03-2023, 01:55 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I’m not in for the Qatar’s tbh, I’m just of the belief some proper investment is required in all areas

Any word on the 3rd bidder?

Jim and his debt continuation can get £#%&!ed. I’d prefer not to be an oil state play thing. What’s the other option?

Edit: when I ‘keep harping on about’ Madrid’s stadium, it’s as an example of how much a refurb costs, £#%&! all else.
It’s not an example though, because it isn’t what needs doing at Old Trafford?

It’s like needing the windows in your house, and somebody telling you how much a conservatory will set you back.

Unread 14-03-2023, 01:56 PM
Sapien

It's a done deal, this is just some posturing and quibbling about the price.

Unread 14-03-2023, 01:57 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
It's not "just in" - it's been said for weeks they won't over pay.
Surprised they’ve said that tbh. Would have thought they’d have gone public and confirmed that they will overpay.

Canny bunch tbf.

Unread 14-03-2023, 01:57 PM
dunk

It isn’t, is it

It’s the only current example of a refurb. We need a stand extension and a new roof, non-retractable stands to reason the difference in cost won’t be much. Especially as the cost of Madrid’s was based on when it started 2-3 years ago and everything is more expensive now, so it a a fair start point as an estimate.

There’s also the fact that the estimates the Glazer’s got put the cost around the same. The other point about the Madrid example was that they had to play elsewhere for a period of time so you’d expect United would have to.

Not sure why you’re being so difficult about the idea tbh.

Unread 14-03-2023, 01:58 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Surprised they’ve said that tbh. Would have thought they’d have gone public and confirmed that they will overpay.

Canny bunch tbf.

The journos don't have a clue.

Unread 14-03-2023, 02:00 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
It’s the only current example of a refurb. We need a stand extension and a new roof, non-retractable stands to reason the difference in cost won’t be much. Especially as the cost of Madrid’s was based on when it started 2-3 years ago and everything is more expensive now, so it a a fair start point as an estimate.
We need a fixed roof not a new one, why not use Anfield as an example seeing as the stadiums/upgrades are much more comparable as is the labour rate

Unread 14-03-2023, 02:01 PM
Hyman_Roth

This is a refurb according to Dunk:

Unread 14-03-2023, 02:01 PM
believe

It really doesn’t matter what the cost of the re-furb/new build is because everyone will say they spent ten times that and believe it.

Unread 14-03-2023, 02:15 PM
dunk

Estimates for the South Stand on its own are £400m. But carry on.

One of the main reasons the Glazers started looking for investment was because of the amount required for the ground/training ground, to now decide that isn’t the case at all to try and score some points in the argument about whether we should be bought by one capitalist #@&%! or another is a bit weird.

The ground needs big investment. The debt needs clearing. The club needs investment in training ground facilities and on the pitch. Simple as that.

Would rather it weren’t Qatar, not a fancier of Jim. We’re a bit stuck.

Unread 14-03-2023, 02:15 PM
windy waffles

Why does dunk hate Old Trafford so much?

Unread 14-03-2023, 02:24 PM
believe

Quote:

Unread 14-03-2023, 02:26 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
It's a done deal, this is just some posturing and quibbling about the price.
This - Gimps can’t afford to not sell.

Just trying to create an false auction and the Sheik pushing back

Unread 14-03-2023, 02:33 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://twitter.com/utdplug/status/1...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Translation: stop being greedy bastards and sell up.
He'll probably end up buying Liverpool instead.

Unread 14-03-2023, 02:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Closed Thread