United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Argentina

Default Michael Carrick

Very important role for us and when he goes, will be missed like the forum's own Carrick

Sad he gets overlooked by his own fans, never mind the general population

Piece from this http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/x-rvry...proved-Players

Quote:
The inclusion of Michael Carrick on our leaderboard should come as little surprise to those who have studied the United man closely this season. Much maligned for an apparent tendency to look for the sideways or backwards pass, Carrick's methodical approach is a key facet to the league leaders' game, keeping the ball and, in the process, his place in the first team despite early signs that Anderson and Cleverley could be the new guard.

Sitting deep in midfield, the former England international is often tasked with nullifying the threat of the opponent's key creators. He leads the team for both tackles (3.3) and interceptions (2.9) per game of regular starters and covers the ground efficiently. In a recent interview he stated, "if you press the player on the ball you’re creating space in behind you and they can pass into that space. Force the opposition to play the ball where you want."

In possession the 30-year-old has been no slouch either. His pass accuracy of 90.2% ranks in the top 10 in the league and while critics will claim a 5-yard pass is hard to misplace, he has proven his range with 5 long balls per game thus far, with an 83.3% accuracy from said efforts. His marked improvements have gone unnoticed, or unrewarded at least, when it comes to any international involvement, though a rating of 7.37 compared to just 6.82 last season suggests he should certainly be in contention for Euro 2012.
Just hope he keeps it up for the remaining 9 games.

Unread 20-03-2012, 12:30 AM
suedeshoes

Would you £#%&! him?

Unread 20-03-2012, 12:32 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Wonderful player. We'd be £#%&!ed without him.

Unread 20-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Bunker Buster

90.2% you say ?

I was just saying to a mate the other day in the lass It's hard to image that Carrick would become one of our......ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Unread 20-03-2012, 12:34 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wonderful player. We'd be £#%&!ed without him.
Nah. Yeah.

Unread 20-03-2012, 12:41 AM
JakeB

Absolutely shocking that Gareth Barry consistently gets more chances in the England team than Carrick

Unread 20-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Jethro

Typical United player who does his job well for club but doesn't quite do it at international level. He has been excellent this season for the most part, a true underrated player outside the club.

Unread 20-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Dougiethebiscuit

Saw him in Piccadilly station about two years ago.

I said "alright Michael?" and he said "alright mate?"

Got a few more like that, saw Frank Carson in the station too and Les Battersby but Carrick was the best.

Unread 20-03-2012, 12:43 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougiethebiscuit
Nice. I nodded at Podolski once, he just looked at me.

Unread 20-03-2012, 02:36 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Very important role for us and when he goes, will be missed like the forum's own Carrick

Sad he gets overlooked by his own fans, never mind the general population

Piece from this http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/x-rvry...proved-Players

Just hope he keeps it up for the remaining 9 games.
He's having a decent season. He enjoys having Scholes next to him, because he's always guaranteed an available option close-by.

But he's a confidence player, and when he's shit he's absolutely £#%&!ing abysmal. And he was shit fairly often between 2009 and 2011.

Unread 20-03-2012, 03:16 AM
shenwen

he is having a good season and it is great to see and he comes across as a good guy.

but those stats are verging on meaningless.

Unread 20-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Garlic Bread

Quote:

Got a few more like that, saw Frank Carson in the station too and Les Battersby but Carrick was the best.
Fletcher(RIP) has called me mate as well. I miss big daz

Unread 20-03-2012, 03:17 AM
Garlic Bread

He's a cracking player. Very much out of the lime light but i think he prefers it that way. Should get an england call up but i doubt it

Unread 20-03-2012, 07:23 AM
borsuk

he'd be a regular for england if they had any clue what they're doing. i suppose he's not up and at em enough or something. mind, this is the side that thought it was a good idea to shunt scholes out to the wing so it's hardly a £#%&!ing surprise.

Unread 20-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

I met him once. I called him "Cazza"

me > £#%&!onthebiscuit

Unread 20-03-2012, 10:51 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he'd be a regular for england if they had any clue what they're doing. i suppose he's not up and at em enough or something. mind, this is the side that thought it was a good idea to shunt scholes out to the wing so it's hardly a £#%&!ing surprise.
Yep.

Watching Barry and Scott Juggernaut Parker together must be depressing for Carrick.

Unread 20-03-2012, 10:52 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Our player of the year, been excellent since the start of the year and vastly underrated.

Unread 20-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Part 36 Offer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Our player of the year, been excellent since the start of the year and vastly underrated.
him and tony v in centor mid felloh?

Unread 20-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
You know - if England built their team around United they would have a much better chance.

Hart

Jones
Smalling
Ferdinand
A Cole

Carrick
Scholes
Cleverley

Young
Rooney
Welbeck

Would that really do much worse than what England will do anyway at Euro 2012?

Of course, Cleverley will break his wrist handing his passport over at check-in so a fit Wilshire would step in but that would be a decent team tbf.

Unread 20-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
You know - if England built their team around United they would have a much better chance.

Hart

Jones
Smalling
Ferdinand
A Cole

Carrick
Scholes
Cleverley

Young
Rooney
Welbeck

Would that really do much worse than what England will do anyway at Euro 2012?

Of course, Cleverley will break his wrist handing his passport over at check-in so a fit Wilshire would step in but that would be a decent team tbf.
Good team

I don't want Scholes anywhere near the england team though. He might do another season

Carrick, Cleverly and Wilshere is a decent midfiled three imho (yes you all knew I would say that )
Closed Thread