United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Stakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
his goals have been key to his good form, as have his performances. if you take away his goals and performances, he's been poor. however, if you take them into account, he's been in blistering form. long may this continue for the reds!

Unread 03-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Zorg

Making completely nonsensical statements based on flawed premises and bizarre assumptions seems to be the new in thing. United would be 11th if they hadn't signed van Persie. Liverpool would be champions if they didn't hit the post all the time. I can't believe people spend so much time trying to force things they want to come true using a load of stupid calculations and graphs. They're absolutely mental.

Unread 03-01-2013, 03:04 PM
utd99

The interesting thing about that article is certainly not the article itself, which is garbage, but the way football supporters create fantasy worlds to feel better about their predicaments.

Unread 03-01-2013, 03:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Robin said recently that he is playing in a team of champions, a nasty dig at Arsenal many Gooners felt.
It's not a dig at Arsenal you belm, it's a statement about United.

Unread 03-01-2013, 03:17 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It's not a dig at Arsenal you belm, it's a statement about United.
it's a statement of fact. what is it now, 8 years without a trophy of any kind at arsenal? van persie can expect to pick up at least three or four major trophies in his time at united, same as the rest of the squad.

Unread 03-01-2013, 04:01 PM
red in cumbria

£#%&!ing hell, that's truly RAWKesque :shakehead:

Unread 03-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Making completely nonsensical statements based on flawed premises and bizarre assumptions seems to be the new in thing. United would be 11th if they hadn't signed van Persie. Liverpool would be champions if they didn't hit the post all the time. I can't believe people spend so much time trying to force things they want to come true using a load of stupid calculations and graphs. They're absolutely mental.
this would be a good post if you hadn't written it.

Unread 03-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
this would be a good post if you hadn't written it.
I'll need to see a graph of that.

Unread 03-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's a statement of fact. what is it now, 8 years without a trophy of any kind at arsenal? van persie can expect to pick up at least three or four major trophies in his time at united, same as the rest of the squad.

Unread 03-01-2013, 06:10 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
so if you took away Messi's goals for Barca and didn't replace them, what would this mean to their standing?

Unread 03-01-2013, 08:18 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Unread 03-01-2013, 08:27 PM
magic_cantona

That article is on a par with the par table - depending on if the article is playing home or away, of course.

:shakehead:

Unread 03-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

United nearly always have 1 main goalscorer these days. Last season it was Fatboy Wiggy, this time it's someone with great movement and touch. It's still 1 main goalscorer though - if it wasn't him it would be someone else

Unread 04-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Stickman

Interesting to read how many on here didn't know how good his all round game was(myself included).

Is he actually further improving in our team? I'm genuinely a little surprised he carried on with us where he left off last season, what a man. He plays like someone who's not won a title, you can sense it from him when we lose the ball. Amazing all rounder and I believe he'll get us over the line if he has to com May.

Unread 04-01-2013, 11:58 AM
The Return of JC

I love their insistence that he came to us for money. If that were true, he would have gone to city.

But hey-ho, much easier to label him a greedy bastard rather than face the notion that he may have left because they're shit.

Unread 04-01-2013, 12:39 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I love their insistence that he came to us for money. If that were true, he would have gone to city.

But hey-ho, much easier to label him a greedy bastard rather than face the notion that he may have left because they're shit.
In fairness to Arse fans RVP did come up through their wonderful youth academy since he joined age 9 as a boyhood Arsenal fan so you can see how he really betrayed Arsenal…………hold on a second didn’t he join them from his hometown club and get a big pay rise in the process.
Oh well that’s OK as he joined Arsenal and not Utd so he wasn’t a mercenary then

Unread 04-01-2013, 12:46 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Interesting to read how many on here didn't know how good his all round game was(myself included).

Is he actually further improving in our team? I'm genuinely a little surprised he carried on with us where he left off last season, what a man. He plays like someone who's not won a title, you can sense it from him when we lose the ball. Amazing all rounder and I believe he'll get us over the line if he has to com May.
If he stays fit we will win the league imo. He is just immense. You can sense a determination within the rest of the squad not to £#%&! it up this year too.

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
That is, without question, the finest and most well-reasoned piece of analytic football writing I've ever had the pleasure of reading. It is rare enough to encounter such a combination of artful wordsmithery - "There are lots of if buts and maybes to consider and take into account when making statements like I have made..." - and penetrating quantitative insight - "If Robin’s goals and assists were removed from United and not replaced then United would be languishing in 11th place." - in the entire oeuvre of one writer; to find it in one, brief, single piece almost defies belief. Masterful, truly. This Daniel Cowan clearly has a very bright future.

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:42 PM
elephantstone

He's not playing tomorrow, I hope it doesn't end up biting us on the arse.

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
He's not playing tomorrow, I hope it doesn't end up biting us on the arse.
it's the FA Cup who cares

anyway we will still batter them without big persers
Closed Thread