United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Player of the year so far…
Martinez 4 6.35%
Casemiro 41 65.08%
Rashford 13 20.63%
Shaw 5 7.94%
Other 0 0%
Do some work, you creep 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2023, 02:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Default Player of the (Half) Season

Did this for the quarter and Martinez blitzed it with 54 votes. Just 1 vote for Rashford. None for The Big Dog or chunk.

What are we thinking now? ….

Unread 18-01-2023, 02:20 PM
atticusgrinch

It's Casemiro. He's transformed this entire team.

We are absolutely £#%&!ed if he gets injured. The only irreplaceable.

Rashford, Dalot, Shaw, Martinez, Varane, Eriksen and Garnacho have all been played really well and would normally be in with a shout, but Casemiro is a monster in a position we've been crying out for for at least a decade, and he has no understudy anywhere near his level.

Unread 18-01-2023, 02:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's Casemiro. He's transformed this entire team.

We are absolutely £#%&!ed if he gets injured. The only irreplaceable.

Rashford, Dalot, Shaw, Martinez, Varane, Eriksen and Garnacho have all been played really well and would normally be in with a shout, but Casemiro is a monster in a position we've been crying out for for at least a decade, and he has no understudy anywhere near his level.
I’ve gone with Rashford for the resurrection factor, but wouldn’t argue with any of your reasoning. Cas has elevated the entire team and is streets above anything we’ve had and still have. As you say, £#%&!ed if anything happens to him.

Unread 18-01-2023, 02:25 PM
silv

Casemiro has been great but Rashers is the one banging them in

Unread 18-01-2023, 02:27 PM
windy waffles

Clicked wrong button...

1. The Big D
2. Martinez
3. Rashford

Unread 18-01-2023, 02:28 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Martinez and Rashford have both been superb.

Varane, Shaw, Dalot, Malacia, Eriksen and Bruno have also done really well.

But Casemiro has been nothing short of transformative. A magnificent impact. Second only to the boss.

Shot myself in the foot horribly during the Everton away game in October with this shocker:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
That Brazilian #@&%! has been atrocious for us thus far.

Making The Scottish Player look like a less hateful option ffs
£#%&!ing div

Unread 18-01-2023, 02:43 PM
AK14

Rashers for me

Big Cass has been awesome too obviously.

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:09 PM
redhegemony

Shaw for me. Played 2 positions both exceptionally well. Astonishing turnaround from the start of the season.

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:23 PM
jem

shaw has been solid, varane is quietly brilliant, rashford has scored a few (and not scored a few).... but cass is the player who has driven the change in fortunes. honourable mentions for eriksen and wan b, too. and bruno and de gea have been good at important moments.

it's good that so many of them are worth mentioning.

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:30 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Clicked wrong button...

1. The Big D
2. Martinez
3. Rashford
Correct top 3 but not sure if that's the order. Think Rashers ahead of Martinez, as much as i love the mad little bastard

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:35 PM
goldfinger II

Martinez for me.

Casemiro has been great as well, but our season started with that win over Liverpool and Martinez and Varane have been the basis of our form since then.

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:37 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Martinez for me.

Casemiro has been great as well, but our season started with that win over Liverpool and Martinez and Varane have been the basis of our form since then.
the fact he's not really played since the world cup (understandable obvs) knocks a point off. he's missed the best part of 7 games. in the meantime cas, rashy and shaw et al have been imperious.

edit:

actually i've changed my mind

Casemiro
Rashy
Varane
Shaw
Martinez

The rest

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:37 PM
GBMUFC2020

1.Casermiro
2. Rashford
3. Varane

IMO Rashford probably wouldn`t shine so much this season without the much better service he has been getting.Still needs to improve his finishing a bit but 500% better than last season. Big Cas and Varane don`t need to improve any aspects of their game in my opinion and are the best overseas players we have signed in a long time.

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:41 PM
History

What a refreshing change to be have a good 3 or even 4 players in for a debate.

Not gonna argue too much between Rashford and Casemiro.

Think Shaw has been unbelievable too, he might be the best footballer at the club tbh as a whole package.

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:50 PM
Bunker Buster

I like goals, adore them...

Sir Marcus Rashford

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:53 PM
armchair

Bruno doesn't even mind not being on the list.

Unread 18-01-2023, 05:55 PM
Joe Biden

The correct answer is Casemiro, but voted Shaw in case he lurks on here and reads the thread. Well played luke.

Unread 18-01-2023, 06:16 PM
Sparky***

I've got to go with Rashford as he's pretty much spearheading the team on his own right now.

Unread 18-01-2023, 06:22 PM
Vedder

Shaw for me, Haggers has transformed him into prime Maldini ffs

Unread 18-01-2023, 06:27 PM
Baron

It's Casemiro & not close.
Closed Thread