United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:03 AM
armchair

Default Derby Build up

Team picks itself

De Gea, Dalot, Martinez, Varane, Shaw, Casemiro, Eriksen, Fernandes, Rashford, Martial, Antony

Still dreading the game though.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:08 AM
Baron

Didn't Dalot go off holding his hamstring & straight down the tunnel? Wouldn't expect to see him for a few weeks.

AWB hasn't been quite as catastrophic as before, so hopefully he can maintain that. Wouldn't expect anything more from him.

Otherwise, let's hope Peps hilarious quips about implementing some ridiculous tactics has some merit & he shoots himself in the foot.

Not feeling especially confident, regardless of our form - we've played a load of shite & City coming off the back of a defeat will likely be het up & mentally bang at it.

Let's hope St Marcus continues his form

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:13 AM
dunk

They’ve not been great away tbf, far more pragmatic. Hopefully the crowd is absolutely fizzing and they struggle to shake off their recent malaise and we are at it from the kick off.

I think we have to be realistic and say we’re nowhere near their level, in personnel and familiarity with the manager’s style, but they’re beatable and we at home.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Hyman_Roth

Yep. Loads of reds I’ve spoken to think this will be an easy win

We’ve had a hugely impressive run but I still don’t think we’ve played that well that often. We will have to be at the very top of our game.

If they play as well as they can then they should beat us. But the momentum feels like it’s with us.

Bottom line, I’d be fine with a draw and anything better would be beautiful.

2-2

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:16 AM
Pop

Unfortunately they are still the yardstick and that £#%&!ing orc up front is guaranteed a goal. Long as it isn't a hiding and Utd put up a bit of a fight I'll be happy.

Be even happier if they win and kick £#%&!ing lumps out of the bloo @#%&!s mind.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:16 AM
Patty_b

Our biggest game for years in the league imo. We're on a monster run, we look brilliant, we have Rashford firing them in for fun at the moment... If Arsenal stumble at Spurs and we turn over City, then we end the weekend breathing down the necks of the bitters and hunting down Arsenal as the Leagues most inform team with major players settling back into the team after the World Cup, with half the season left to play.

I honestly see Arsenal dropping a lot more points in this second half of the season, and if they do drop points this weekend and we win, and we then beat them next Sunday, we'll only be 3-4 points behind with all the momentum.

If we win this weekend it's well and truly on.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:20 AM
Jethro

First time in years I feel confident. If Bruno decides to show up then it should be 3 points. Martinez will want to prove himself against the liquorice eating freak of nature too.

Red card within 15 minutes.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:21 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Our biggest game for years in the league imo. We're on a monster run, we look brilliant, we have Rashford firing them in for fun at the moment... If Arsenal stumble at Spurs and we turn over City, then we end the weekend breathing down the necks of the bitters and hunting down Arsenal as the Leagues most inform team with major players settling back into the team after the World Cup, with half the season left to play.

I honestly see Arsenal dropping a lot more points in this second half of the season, and if they do drop points this weekend and we win, and we then beat them next Sunday, we'll only be 3-4 points behind with all the momentum.

If we win this weekend it's well and truly on.
I wouldn't go that far. We're on a great run but results have flattered us a bit

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Unfortunately they are still the yardstick and that £#%&!ing orc up front is guaranteed a goal. Long as it isn't a hiding and Utd put up a bit of a fight I'll be happy.

Be even happier if they win and kick £#%&!ing lumps out of the bloo @#%&!s mind.
Yeah this.

Need them to know they’re in a game this time.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:26 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I wouldn't go that far. We're on a great run but results have flattered us a bit
People seem to be forgetting that we’ve played some absolute dross since being beaten by Villa. I’m delighted with our form (in case this is seen negatively) btw but this is a proper test.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
First time in years I feel confident. If Bruno decides to show up then it should be 3 points. Martinez will want to prove himself against the liquorice eating freak of nature too.

Red card within 15 minutes.
He’s not been very productive this season, really. Pereira has similar contributions in the league for Fulham. Odd.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:27 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Fair. We look brilliant compared to recent years then

But we our last four wins in the league were with Shaw moving into the left centre back spot while Martinez was unavailable, and resting/dropping other players that would normally start, and we still won all four without conceding a goal. And Shaw ended up being class in that position.

We're a complete different animal this season. Honestly think if we beat City and Arsenal next week we'll win the league.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:31 AM
Jethro

Malacia, The Scottish Player and Sancho all started last time out. Varane went off injured at a crucial time too.

In form Shaw, Casemiro bossing the midfield and Rashford scoring for fun. Only issue is the forward as there is no way Martial is starting.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:36 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Malacia, The Scottish Player and Sancho all started last time out. Varane went off injured at a crucial time too.

In form Shaw, Casemiro bossing the midfield and Rashford scoring for fun. Only issue is the forward as there is no way Martial is starting.
Yeah, it's easy to forget how badly set up we were for that match, and the bad luck we had. Sounds stupid given they scored six but didn't Varane pull up for one of their goals and then was off the pitch getting treatment for another one?

Not expecting a win but won't be surprised if we do. Cass to take out De Bruyne in the first five minutes will do.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:41 AM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Fair. We look brilliant compared to recent years then

But we our last four wins in the league were with Shaw moving into the left centre back spot while Martinez was unavailable, and resting/dropping other players that would normally start, and we still won all four without conceding a goal. And Shaw ended up being class in that position.

We're a complete different animal this season. Honestly think if we beat City and Arsenal next week we'll win the league.
25/1 get your money on before 12.30 tomorrow

I think there are 2 switch options apart from Dalot if he is not fit. Fred for Erickson and Garnacho for Martial. All the rest is pretty much certain I think

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:43 AM
Joe Biden

Gea
Bissaka/dalot if fit
Varane
Lisandro
Shaw
Casemiro
Bruno
Fred
Garnacho
Martial
Rashford

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:52 AM
Knockers

The quad is off so I’m breezy as £#%&! about it. Can see us being at least two down by half-time. Whatevs.

As long as they’re not ole-ing and booting the ball off our shins for throw-ins I’m not fussed.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:53 AM
Parlabane

I’m already nervous about this game – I think / hope it as a good sign as the last couple of years I’ve just accepted we would get battered and my only hope was we could keep the score line down – whilst this year we have a genuine chance of beating them

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:55 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers

As long as they’re not ole-ing and booting the ball off our shins for throw-ins I’m not fussed.
I think we'll be 'Ole-ing', by which I mean playing deep and hitting them on the break

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Ddg
Dalot
Varane
Shortarse
Fat Arse
Fred
Cas
Bruno
Ant
Rashers