United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-01-2023, 11:09 AM
wiganste

Default Team v Crystal Palace, Wednesday 18th

The games are coming thick and fast now.
Will ETH have one eye on the Arsenal game? I hope not but I think the team on Wednesday will reflect it

DDG
Shaw
Varane
Martinez
Wan Bissaka
Casemiro
Fred
The Scottish Player
Bruno
Rashford
Weghorst

Martial needs to be on the bench. Next to useless atm
I think Eriksen gets a rest too and we'll be subjected to McFred

However, the form we are in, none of the players will want to sit any of them out

Unread 16-01-2023, 11:10 AM
Sapien

I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll drop points.

Unread 16-01-2023, 11:15 AM
atticusgrinch

Wouters has to start imo. Would rest Rashford, Eriksen, Shaw and Varane. Get Casemiro and Antony off if we're winning well after 60-70 mins.

Arsenal have got a week off for this game.

De Gea

AWB Lindelof Martinez Malacia

Bruno Casemiro Fred

Anthony Wout Garnacho

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
The games are coming thick and fast now.
Will ETH have one eye on the Arsenal game? I hope not but I think the team on Wednesday will reflect it

DDG
Shaw
Varane
Martinez
Wan Bissaka
Casemiro
Fred
The Scottish Player
Bruno
Rashford
Weghorst

Martial needs to be on the bench. Next to useless atm
I think Eriksen gets a rest too and we'll be subjected to McFred

However, the form we are in, none of the players will want to sit any of them out
Martial will be out injured. No way that fart goes off at half time and then he’s fine 3 days later.

Weggerz won’t start.

DDG

Awb
Varane
Shaw
Malacia

Casemiro
Eriksen
Bruno

Antony
Garnacho
Rashford

Jethro

Slot Martinez back in. I'd actually rest Shaw and give Malacia another run.

Antony brace.

Unread 16-01-2023, 11:16 AM
GBMUFC2020

There is no point in playing Weghorst if we have no wingers. Anthony or Garnacho has to play.

Unread 16-01-2023, 11:18 AM
Whip Hubley

The thought of The Scottish Player starting still fills me with dread. But no point in having a squad if you're not going to use it...

I don't think he's a big fan of rotation in the league at all so don't think we'll see a raft of changes. Martinez to come in for Malacia, Casemiro and Fred to keep their places, Garnacho to come in for Martial, Antony to start, the big man on the bench. Keep the run going.

Unread 16-01-2023, 11:25 AM
Parlabane

After Saturdays result the players will be buzzing and tiredness wont be an issue.

Go strong, get the game won and then take the key players off - we need to keep the momentum going

Unread 16-01-2023, 11:36 AM
Vedder

Same team as Sat with Weggy replacing Mannequin Martial

Unread 16-01-2023, 11:46 AM
believe

As giddy as I am about the weekend result, I’m not sure we’re quite in a position to be playing weaker sides against tricky opposition. A midweek away game is always a challenge and Palace won’t be a push over.

I think he’ll start with the same team as City and bring the new guy on once Martial does what he does best.

Unread 16-01-2023, 11:56 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

complete bullshit that we have to play a midweek game whilst arsenal rest up, particularly as they've played a game less than us.

think varane, casemiro, son of erik and rashers get a rest and martial (currently playing like the footballing equlivalent of weekend at bernies) will be injured.

dave

awb
martinez
maguire
shaw

fred
lion killer

antony
bruno
garnacho

wout

Unread 16-01-2023, 11:57 AM
Sapien

Foghorn Leghorn will start. Good time to bring in a motivated new recruit to ensure energy levels are maintained.

Unread 16-01-2023, 11:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
As giddy as I am about the weekend result, I’m not sure we’re quite in a position to be playing weaker sides against tricky opposition. A midweek away game is always a challenge and Palace won’t be a push over.

I think he’ll start with the same team as City and bring the new guy on once Martial does what he does best.
This. Haggers isn’t one for wholesale changes anyway. 1 or 2.

Unread 16-01-2023, 12:05 PM
redhegemony

DDG

AWB
Martinez
Maguire
Malacia

Fred
Eriksen
Casimero

Bruno
Martial
Antony

Unread 16-01-2023, 01:04 PM
goldfinger II

DDG

AWB
Lindelof
Martinez
Shaw

The Scottish Player
Casemiro

Antony
Bruno
Garnacho

Wout

Cannae wait.

Unread 16-01-2023, 01:08 PM
Coracao

An away game isn't the time to be resting players. Should be strongest XI available

Unread 16-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Travis Bickle

DDG

AWB
Maguire
Martinez
Malacia

Casemiro
Fred
Bruno

Antony
Weghorst
Garnacho

Rashford to come on and score two in the last 10 minutes

Unread 16-01-2023, 01:21 PM
Time For Heroes

No point worrying about the Arsenal game if we drop points against these. We'll be fresher than them by a day too as the played Sunday so just go for it and worry about Sunday later.

Unread 16-01-2023, 02:20 PM
puressence

Casemiro may be rested for this as hes one booking from a ban .. As we eventually reach the half way point of the season ..

Unread 16-01-2023, 02:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Weggy for Martial the rest picks itself....
Closed Thread