United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 24-02-2023, 10:20 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I love him. Never doubted him once.

Yeah but you loved how Pogba played football, said you could boss the butcher about, and you put ETH on watch after a couple of weeks.

You not liking how he plays football is probably the highest praise he could receive.

Unread 24-02-2023, 11:06 AM
marlo

Quote:
I love him. Never doubted him once.

Yeah but you loved how Pogba played football, said you could boss the butcher about, and you put ETH on watch after a couple of weeks.

You not liking how he plays football is probably the highest praise he could receive.
why has everything go to relate back to Pogba.

I don't like the way he plays football. for his skillset he should be more direct but I often feel his objective is to suck players in to make space for others as opposed to actually driving into the space behind with the ball like gar nacho for example.

he scored a good goal last granted but still feel underwhelmed by him. my opinion thanks.

Unread 24-02-2023, 11:14 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Strange that, because you both have very similar story curves ..

from the favelas and streets of London to the big screen V Barcelona.....

There is so much more to come from Antony (feel we've already peaked with Marlo) with his decision making & just a small additional of variety to his game he'll start to put up numbers next season without doubt.

He's got that dog in him, that's for sure. Compare to Kessie for example in their midfield, the guy is a nice player, but he was bullied by £#%&!ing Fred that 2nd half. You're not going to see this lad hide from the challenge.

First game back & he was right at it, signs are positive - just feel there is untapped potential that will see him start to knit it all together. That little bit of skill 5mins into the 2nd half to control the ball behind his standing foot was confidence personified & direct "£#%&! you" to the full-back to let him know he's up against it.

Unread 24-02-2023, 11:51 AM
WackTheJack99

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
why has everything go to relate back to Pogba.
Because you defended to the hilt someone who was clearly one of the biggest charlatans to ever represent this club, to the extent you were leveraging racism against those who called him out for exactly who he was. That alone undermines any opinions you have on other players, especially those who are new to the league and are clearly grafting for the shirt.

How's your man Pogba doing anyway?

Unread 24-02-2023, 11:58 AM
windy waffles

Thought Antony looked good yesterday - long may it continue.

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:28 PM
saffers

Antony makes the team function better, play better football.

There is a reason ETH was desperate for him.

We haven't even seen him anywhere near his best yet but some great signs and some big game temperament from the lad thus far.

He could explode in the run in and that could make the difference in the quadruple hunt.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:41 AM
Drexl

Nice to see him turn on the pizazz yesterday

If nowt else, it warranted him "special attention" from three of their eight foot monsters, which in itself is fantastic to see

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:04 PM
Jethro

Growing in confidence which is good to see. Some big performances from him coming up.

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:37 PM
Patty_b

Have to love a skillfull player like him not only taking the hard knocks, but enticing opponents in to take him out and then some just to get things going a bit.

Club need to get onto the officials a bit though, two of their players probably deserved a yellow when they took him out and we didn't even get a freekick. The thinking 'he brought it on himself' shouldn't be occurring to referees in charge of a match, not matter what nonsense Gary Neville comes out with.

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:39 PM
dunk

Needs to get a bit stronger, hopefully get a bit more power in his sprinting, then trust himself and his right foot a bit more. He’s going to be ace imo

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:43 PM
Drexl

Quote:
not matter what nonsense Gary Neville comes out with.
great shout that

Ego from GNev tbf. can get a player hurt

Unread 27-02-2023, 03:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Have to love a skillfull player like him not only taking the hard knocks, but enticing opponents in to take him out and then some just to get things going a bit.

Club need to get onto the officials a bit though, two of their players probably deserved a yellow when they took him out and we didn't even get a freekick. The thinking 'he brought it on himself' shouldn't be occurring to referees in charge of a match, not matter what nonsense Gary Neville comes out with.
would be great to see him using his skills productively, rather than just to take the piss.

antony, tbc.

Unread 27-02-2023, 03:11 PM
Chris Quayd

Thought he was excellent yesterday, tired a bit towards the end but they didn’t know how to handle him and he was a big part in us destablising them. Never ever hides either.

Unread 27-02-2023, 03:13 PM
Drexl

You can tell if they have their throat tattooed they are probably a bit hard

Unread 27-02-2023, 08:50 PM
Stickman

Excellent first half.

Unread 28-02-2023, 08:15 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Neville virtually admitting that they can’t deal with him, so are entitled to kick shit out of him.

Hey Gary, why don’t they just get good

Dick

Unread 28-02-2023, 08:58 AM
MUFC One Love

He can be frustrating, but he is still young and he will keep improving the more he plays. I think he is very good at keeping the shape of the side and when he plays we seem a better outfit.

Unread 28-02-2023, 09:37 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He can be frustrating, but he is still young and he will keep improving the more he plays. I think he is very good at keeping the shape of the side and when he plays we seem a better outfit.
That sums it up perfectly for me. we generally look better with him on but he’s massively frustrating.

His inability to cross with his right whilst being a right winger is weird af. And more effective play, less wummy wind ups please.

6/10.

Unread 28-02-2023, 09:48 AM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
That sums it up perfectly for me. we generally look better with him on but he’s massively frustrating.

His inability to cross with his right whilst being a right winger is weird af. And more effective play, less wummy wind ups please.

6/10.
6/10 is harsh on the lad. He is a proper United player - bags of skill and a battler. For me he is a joy to watch. Remember when it was Lingard or Mata wide right?

Unread 28-02-2023, 09:52 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
6/10 is harsh on the lad. He is a proper United player - bags of skill and a battler. For me he is a joy to watch. Remember when it was Lingard or Mata wide right?
Ok. 7/10. That’s my final offer Travis.