United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Sloane

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Manchester United Pre-Season Tour of Americaland Thread *Fixtures and ting*

remind me not to watch anymore until august 8th now

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Terry Silver

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Manchester United Pre-Season Tour of Americaland Thread *Fixtures and ting*

Awful performance - but Obertan is shocking. Pace by the truckload, a load of tricks that don't work, and £#%&! all else.

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Awful performance - but Obertan is shocking. Pace by the truckload, a load of tricks that don't work, and £#%&! all else.
£#%&! off not true!

hes got a massive head also

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:06 AM
rogieop

never thought the wizards had that result up their sleeve.

night all

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:10 AM
JakeB

Welbeck and Cleverly looked decent when they came on

Obertan did have one good run!

Macheda has the touch of a rapist

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:12 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
never thought the wizards had that result up their sleeve.

night all
I wand-ered who would be the first with a pun!

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Welbeck and Cleverly looked decent when they came on

Obertan did have one good run!

Macheda has the touch of a rapist
Got high hopes for Cleverley. A smart player - nice touches and clever movement combined with a scoring instinct.

Obertan will always have "one good run" by virtue of his pace - if he gets a yard start on the defender he won't be caught. But he struggles to beat a man, and generally, when one-on-one with a defender, he ends up getting his legs tied in a knot and tackles himself. I'll be amazed if he makes it at United - has more than a hint of the Bellions about him.

Obertan's first touch in a United shirt saw him run the ball out of play under no pressure - and things haven't improved much.

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:14 AM
JakeB

I am a little bit worried about Diouf too if I'm completely honest

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:15 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Got high hopes for Cleverley. A smart player - nice touches and clever movement combined with a scoring instinct.
Yeah I like the look of Cleverley, always impresses me whenever I see him..did brilliantly in the championship too

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Tumescent Throb

i take it this match didn't go especially well then

link to united's goal please

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
I am a little bit worried about Diouf too if I'm completely honest

I'm more worried about Fergie's transfer policy - spending small amounts on very raw players who need lots of coaching to get anywhere near the level required.

It didn't work with the likes of Djemba or Liam Miller, and I don't see it working with Diouf or Obertan.

Concerns over Smalling, although Chicharito looks like he could be useful.

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:19 AM
J_RED

I remember Jordi Cruyff (remember him ? looked like his dad played like his mam ) having a fantastic pre season one year ......the moral of the story here boys and girls is dont get too giddy about pre season its only pre season .....Diouf is gonna be the new ...well.....er...... Diouf?

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:20 AM
JakeB

The defence was shocking and Smalling did look shakey..but I doubt we'll ever see that back 5 again, barring other pre season games. I'm sure Smalling will look better when the likes of Vidic, Rio, Evra and Neville are around him.

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:21 AM
pugsley99

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell, you just watched that game and you're picking on Obertan????

It's pre-season and all that but Smalling stuggled big time, probably doesn't help having nobody else in the back line with experience and no protection from midfield. Gibson looked shocking and it'd be easy to put it down to pre-season but he's £#%&!ing shit so i'm not going to.

On a plus Wellbeck looks really sharp so far on this tour he's light years ahead of Macheda from what i've seen. Not sure why Giggs and Scholes are playing all these matches though Giggs looked knackered towards the end there and Scholes struggled against a high paced midfield.

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:21 AM
JakeB

Gibson looks pretty out of shape to me

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:25 AM
J_RED

Quote:
Gibson looks pretty out of shape to me
he is not Utd and never will be he is the new Fletcher( when he was shit )

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:25 AM
safingtons

Diouf and Gibson are gonna be a waste of two squad places imo, get rid.

Berbatov vs Nani is like a cheap version of the Ruud v Ronaldo rivalry in the team, we really should £#%&! Dimmers off, he's bullying his team mate even in a friendly ffs.

Doomtastic

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:26 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
he is not Utd and never will be he is the new Fletcher( when he was shit )
Wasn't even alluding to his footballing talents (or lack of) really, just struck me that he looks a bit of a breathless porker

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:28 AM
MIFF

Quote:
I'm more worried about Fergie's transfer policy - spending small amounts on very raw players who need lots of coaching to get anywhere near the level required.

It didn't work with the likes of Djemba or Liam Miller, and I don't see it working with Diouf or Obertan.

Concerns over Smalling, although Chicharito looks like he could be useful.
Fergie's transfer policy is he's £#%&!in skint.

Unread 26-07-2010, 01:29 AM
safingtons

Fletcher had the basics and grew to be an athlete.

Gibson can't do anything outside of shooting, and is a fat @#%&!. Sell now while his value is at its highest point after some decent goals last season.

Hope Sunderland come in with a ridiculous bid.