United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2008, 03:42 AM
keano's love

Default Eto'o to Spurs

A few rumours doing the rounds about spurs board saying he was at Spurs yesterday night!!

Berbatov for Eto'o and Ronaldiho!!

I seriously doubt that. If yes, then spurs are a force to reckon with. ( For liverpool that is )

Unread 29-04-2008, 03:54 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Berbatov - for Eto'o AND Ronaldinho?!

And you believed this for how long?

Ronaldinho has agreed to join Milan for 22m. Eto'o will go for anywhere around the 25m mark.

So that would put Berbatov around the price of about 45-50 million.

Doubt it.

Unread 29-04-2008, 05:43 AM
keano's love

22m for Ronaldinho? I read ( channel 4 italia ) Milan weren't willing to pay 15m for him and hence the talks were shelved for now.

Unread 29-04-2008, 06:42 AM
koppas

They almost signed Rivaldo a few years ago, too.

Unread 29-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Whalefish

According to RI, Berbatov's agent has been telling folk he's going to Chelsea in the Summer.

We'll see. Not that arsed who goes where at the moment. 3/4 important matches to get through first.

Unread 29-04-2008, 07:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

I'd be wary of spending much on eto'o given his injury status. I'd suggest we learn from Saha on that score.

Unread 29-04-2008, 07:37 AM
koppas

Eto'o would be a small fish in a big pond at Spurs imo.

The club is too big for him.

Unread 29-04-2008, 08:16 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Eto'o would be a small fish in a big pond at Spurs imo.

The club is too big for him.
shouldn't it be "big fish in a small pond" ?

Unread 29-04-2008, 08:26 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love

A few rumours doing the rounds about spurs board saying he was at Spurs yesterday night!!

Berbatov for Eto'o and Ronaldiho!!

I seriously doubt that. If yes, then spurs are a force to reckon with. ( For liverpool that is )
I doubt that he'd be at Spurs the night before a CL Semi Final.

Secondly it would be his agent holding any talks the player wouldn't get involved until just before signing.

Unread 29-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Sloane

we shouldnt let him go there, we should have him he would be perfect for us

Unread 29-04-2008, 08:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
we shouldnt let him go there, we should have him he would be perfect for us
Yup, he could tale Louis' place in the treatment room.

Unread 29-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yup, he could tale Louis' place in the treatment room.

Like a dog with a bone.

True enough though.

& that talk of Ronaldinho going to Meelan is shelved, as was mentioned they didn't want to know at the price quoted apparently & the talk that they're willing to let Kaka go for £55m to balance their books is an obvious sign they want to rebuild, just lacking the genuine funding to do it.

Unread 29-04-2008, 09:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

Like a dog with a bone.

True enough though.
Well some people are totally willing to ignore this just 'cos they like the player. i think he'd be ideal for United too but as Louis shows, having a striker who is constantly injured does no good at all and Eto'o has been out for half of the last 2 seasons, is playing injured now and is unlikely, given the type of uinjury, to get any better.

Unread 29-04-2008, 09:10 AM
keano's love

and looks like he has lost some pace. His game is based around pace more than anyone else at the moment.

I don't think eto'o will play at the top level for too long after 30.

Unread 29-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Sloane

its only the last two seasons that hes not played as many games. since 04-05 season compared to saha hes played double the amount of games for barca. plus the last two seasons hes probably been less willing to play with a slight injury because of the backroom fallings out there

Unread 29-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Baron

Quote:
Well some people are totally willing to ignore this just 'cos they like the player. i think he'd be ideal for United too but as Louis shows, having a striker who is constantly injured does no good at all and Eto'o has been out for half of the last 2 seasons, is playing injured now and is unlikely, given the type of uinjury, to get any better.
No place for common sense round here, pack it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
and looks like he has lost some pace. His game is based around pace more than anyone else at the moment.

I don't think eto'o will play at the top level for too long after 30.
Yeah, his pace was an issue when he skipped past Rio & burst past the full backs in the last game eh

His thigh has given out for something like a combined 6 months in the last two seasons, he'd be tracked down & beaten to death with Louis Saha if we signed him & he was injured for that amount of time here.

Unread 29-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Gog Coch

We must get Berbatov even if it means selling somebody.

Unread 29-04-2008, 09:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
We must get Berbatov even if it means selling somebody.

Really? You have no idea how Berbatov plays do you? No surprise there though eh, putting forward your opinions from a position of utter ignorance.

Unread 29-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Baron

Quote:
Really? You have no idea how Berbatov plays do you? No surprise there though eh, putting forward your opinions from a position of utter ignorance.
I'd still have him over just about any striker out there bar Benzema personally, think he plays well when pushed right up the top of the pitch & he's very decent in the air.

A classic no.9 would be ideal, but there is a variation to be had if the perfect player isn't available. Not dissimilar to Roma's "no striker" policy only we have a far, far superior team to make the most of it.

Horses for courses.

Unread 29-04-2008, 09:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I'd still have him over just about any striker out there bar Benzema personally, think he plays well when pushed right up the top of the pitch & he's very decent in the air.

A classic no.9 would be ideal, but there is a variation to be had if the perfect player isn't available. Not dissimilar to Roma's "no striker" policy only we have a far, far superior team to make the most of it.

Horses for courses.
Fair enough, at least you've watched him. I'm not sure he likes to play up top and we have players who drop off. Also we really need a more pacy option in my opinion and that's not an asset of his. I wouldn't be massively averse to him as a signing but he isn't in my opinion what we actually need.
Closed Thread