United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 04-04-2019, 02:18 PM
shenwen

The ripper one above. Really well made.

The incompetence of the police and their fucking "loose morals" mantra

Wife, who had never heard of the Yorkshire Ripper, pointing out that if this was a film or netflix show you'd be saying it's a but far fetched

The sheer neck on that lead copper acting like the cat who ate the cheese at the press conference once the ripper had been nabbed.

Unread 04-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
finished the ripper doc. very good. uk police in the 80s were basically louts in uniforms.
Did it mention Sutcliffes special outfit?

Unread 04-04-2019, 06:15 PM
ScarFace

jack the ripper doc tonight bbc1. Also two-part murder investigation doc on itv1 tonight 9pm.

Unread 04-04-2019, 06:18 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Did it mention Sutcliffes special outfit?
Is that the one from the book where he had a v-neck jumper ensemble so he could beat off?

Unread 04-04-2019, 06:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
The ripper one above. Really well made.

The incompetence of the police and their fucking "loose morals" mantra
Pretty much universal in those days tbh. And still pretty prevalent now given that "slut" must be one of the most used words out there

Unread 05-04-2019, 10:45 PM
armchair

Unread 05-04-2019, 10:48 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Is that the one from the book where he had a v-neck jumper ensemble so he could beat off?
That's it. The Wicked Beyond Belief book. I don't normally go for true crime stuff but that book was superb.

Unread 05-04-2019, 10:55 PM
ScarFace

People need to stop going on that radio show. Took my boy 69 down !

Unread 09-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Big Norm

Pervert Park.

Another brilliant Storyville doc on BBC iPlayer about a trailer park in Florida which houses sex offenders who are awaiting integration back into society.

Some of the stories are grim as fuck and others (the young student trapped by the cops online when he thought he was touching for a 30 year old minx) are shocking.

It may sound weird but honestly, humanizing the people behind the headlines gives remarkable food for thought.

Unread 09-04-2019, 01:51 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Pistorius on Netflix. Four part series about the murder of Reeva and the court case. As an avid 'fan' of the case none of it was anything new but good to go back and relieve it. Actually found myself feeling sorry for Oscar at one point (when he was bawling his eyes out on the stand after being made to take his legs off) and now, strangely, started to believe the version of the defence lawyer and it was, maybe, a tragic accident. He immediately called for help following the shots too...

Saying that, the one thing I can't get my head around though is how, when shouting, he didn't hear Reeva or think to ask her where she was or wait for a response etc. If you don't have your legs on, SURELY you would at least ask 'Did you hear that?' before grabbing your gun.

*Edit - have now changed my mind again and back to where I started - yes he did know it was her.

Worth a watch.
guilty as fuck.

How is it even possible he got out of bed, moved some fans in, and then didn't notice Reeva got out of bed and went into the bathroom. Also, she had a full stomach which means she only ate 2 hours or so before the shooting. He claims they ate much earlier in the evening.