United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 10-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Baron

Hitting The Apex

MotoGP doc narrated by Brad Pitt, lots of slo-mo camera shots, lots of high-side crashes, lots of testicles like space-hoppers & a fair amount of emotion.

It's very good if you like motorbike racing & perfectly accessible if you don't, nothing especially groundbreaking but it's produced well & Big Pitt'ers narration is done well.

7.5678676876 / 10

Unread 10-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Stakker

Moon Machines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Machines

Made by the same people who made the incredible 'In the Shadow of the Moon', which interviewed the astronauts and other personnel involved in the Apollo Program, this deals with the engineering challenges and splits them up in to interesting episodes covering the development of the Saturn V rocket, The Lunar Rover, The Command module, the Lunar Module, the Space Suit, the Navigation Computer.

Really good with interviews with those who took part in the incredible feat.

Unread 10-11-2015, 11:50 AM
morgan

Probably already mentioned ITT but The Jinx (HBO) is a brilliant serial killer doc.

Unread 10-11-2015, 01:26 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakker
Moon Machines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Machines

Made by the same people who made the incredible 'In the Shadow of the Moon', which interviewed the astronauts and other personnel involved in the Apollo Program, this deals with the engineering challenges and splits them up in to interesting episodes covering the development of the Saturn V rocket, The Lunar Rover, The Command module, the Lunar Module, the Space Suit, the Navigation Computer.

Really good with interviews with those who took part in the incredible feat.
Nice one, I'll have a look for them

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:28 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan
Probably already mentioned ITT but The Jinx (HBO) is a brilliant serial killer doc.
Been going through these on this recommendation.

Excellent shout.

I love crime documentaries that leave a lot up to the viewer to conclude.

He's a proper psychopath. He's even oddly likable.

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:46 PM
signed dc

"Listen to me Marlon" about Marlon Brando - very good, didn't find out much more about him than I knew already, but nevertheless a good doc about a very cool motherf***er. 7.675/10. Made me go home and watch Hearts of Darkness as well.

Also some New Janis Joplin doc quite recently, not her biggest fan but a decent watch. 6.985/10

Unread 12-11-2015, 05:34 PM
royy

documentaries that I recommend are Ufos the best evidence 1/2 and zeitgeist

Unread 12-11-2015, 05:41 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by royy
documentaries that I recommend are Ufos the best evidence 1/2 and zeitgeist
Is that a rockumentary Royy?

Unread 12-11-2015, 05:53 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Is that a rockumentary Royy?
Still waiting to be made that one. If only the singer knew a rock documentary maker...

Unread 20-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Jethro

Absolutely incredible what this one group of cops got up to. The ringleader gave zero f***s and the ending will leave your jaw on the floor