United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Ok mate, sure......

Player of the month and a 19 year old kid isn't able to play 10 minutes away in Switzerland midweek...
Don’t know what you want me to tell you pal. I’m only providing you the latest news from 2 weeks ago

Maybe he has an injury and they didn’t want him playing on the Astro..

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
We did defend well, YBs weren't getting many shots in despite walking through our midfield and the man advantage. We were seconds away from a battling point. Then... that.

Just £#%&!ing clear it. You had one £#%&!ing job Jesseh you moron.

Still raging
This - as much as we critique the manager (and much of the time, even if not always, justifiably) that was ultimately down to him.

I at least hope that he physically cringes every time he recalls it. For the rest of his life even.

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:55 PM
d_knight

I blame The Goblin and The Spider more than I blame Ole.

Ole was playing with an incomplete deck of cards in the rirst place. If anything we should look at it that he was handicapped.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:35 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Sobering when you put it like that.

I honestly dont think we can ever win a trophy under him. Due to the issues you have outlined above....

We have a good chance of making it out the group stage. Of getting top 4 again. But is that our level now. Happy with that? 2013 was our last premier league title. We are finished huh??
Utd are a second tier team chasing the fourth spot these days and have been since fergus went and the football knownowts have been at the wheel. The running of the club has been shambolic and now the chickens are comfortably roosting at home.

What other club would have made Darren Fletcher Director of football? Great servant of the club etc that he is, but wtf All empires fall but we jumped off the cliff and no mistake.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:40 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Utd are a second tier team chasing the fourth spot these days and have been since fergus went and the football knownowts have been at the wheel. The running of the club has been shambolic and now the chickens are comfortably roosting at home.

What other club would have made Darren Fletcher Director of football? Great servant of the club etc that he is, but wtf All empires fall but we jumped off the cliff and no mistake.
We are top of the league.

Fletcher isn't director of football.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:40 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
What other club would have made Darren Fletcher Director of football?
That's not his job at United.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
We are top of the league.
and they say the table never lies.

performances, not points, are a better guide to where we are. struggling, as it goes, without a £#%&!ing midfield. if you're not angry about this, you should be. it is not a recipe for sustaining our position at the top. it's lucky we haven't played anyone good. we have been humiliated in victory.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:59 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Is plastic pitch a ready made excuse for poor performances?
It’s a shit pitch fact. They play all the time on other teams don’t. It’s not an excuse it’s a fact. Shouldn’t be allowed .. fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Sobering when you put it like that.

I honestly dont think we can ever win a trophy under him. Due to the issues you have outlined above....

We have a good chance of making it out the group stage. Of getting top 4 again. But is that our level now. Happy with that? 2013 was our last premier league title. We are finished huh??
Our. You absolute @#%&! of a Fred contributor

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:02 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
It’s a shit pitch fact. They play all the time on other teams don’t. It’s not an excuse it’s a fact. Shouldn’t be allowed .. fact.
How is it allowed? It's not like they are in greenland or iceland where they get no sun. They have taken a tactical decision to have a fake field.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:51 PM
Stickman

We didn’t lose because of the surface. Just a convenient excuse.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
This,

We looked like we do with 11 men on grass.

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:06 PM
Sandman

We lost because we're incapable of controlling a game of football, & completing basic skills when under pressure. I think we can all agree that these both come in handy for a team with any hope of winning trophies.

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:41 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They still had Carrick.

f*** me we miss a proper midfielder
Yep, and someone sold Herrera and gave Phil Jones a new contract…

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:47 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Who are you referring to?

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Nobody sold Herrera and he’s shite anyway.

The Jones thing was an act of charity imo. New deals for Rojo and Bailly, there’s your head scratchers.

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:09 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Who are you referring to?
a

No idea. That wasn’t the point though - just we could do with Herrera IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nobody sold Herrera and he’s shite anyway.

The Jones thing was an act of charity imo. New deals for Rojo and Bailly, there’s your head scratchers.
Ok Mr Pedant sir! But we allowed him to leave because we didn’t sort his contract. It’s still bad management from the club. Personally I think he’s better than Fred…

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:17 PM
jem

being better than fred should not be the yardstick. and I liked herrera.

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Reasonable to cite it as a contributory factor. As already said, why are the home team using it if they don't think they get an advantage out of it?

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Reasonable to cite it as a contributory factor. As already said, why are the home team using it if they don't think they get an advantage out of it?
it's clearly a different game on the surface and an unfair advantage to someone used to playing on it. it is also not good for the fitness of our players. they turfed over it for the euros, so there is no excuse not to do it for the cl as well. cheeky shits should be banned.

however, the pitch didn't cause us to be disorganised or make ronaldo and bruno fall over every time a nasty bully looked at them.

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:42 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well yes you can often spray reasonable doubt over anything if you look hard enough.

Id say the tactics and subs were the only factors worth deeper analysis.