United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-09-2021, 03:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Still absolutely fuming....

Still not over the Europa....

If we don't get out the group he needs to go.

Unread 15-09-2021, 03:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
AWB can recycle the ball in midfield?
That’s the joke.

Unread 15-09-2021, 03:58 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Still absolutely fuming....

Still not over the Europa....

If we don't get out the group he needs to go.
It is a live possibility. Need 4 points out of the next two now at least.

Unread 15-09-2021, 03:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
That’s the joke.
Not much of one tbf.

Unread 15-09-2021, 04:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
It is a live possibility. Need 4 points out of the next two now at least.
Gutted, angry upset, I love the guy for his united history but time and time again when he faces adversity, when the chips are down, him Carrick and that BELM from Southampton have no idea what to do....

Why did we take a 21 year old 4th choice keeper and put him on the bench?

Why take greenwood in great form and pick Tony over him....

Why the £#%&! did losing a shitty right back cause him to throw on two defenders, one that should have started...

His reaction to in game situations is bizzare and frankly disgusting....

Unread 15-09-2021, 04:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Why did we take a 21 year old 4th choice keeper and put him on the bench? Experience

Why take greenwood in great form and pick Tony over him.... resting him. Easing him into the season. Will start Sunday. Is still only 19.

Why the £#%&! did losing a shitty right back cause him to throw on two defenders, one that should have started... mental. Did think Lindelof would start, and could understand going to 3 at the back, but don’t think either was the right plan

Unread 15-09-2021, 04:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Experience bet he gained a lot from that....

So a complete and utter shit show, agreed.

Unread 15-09-2021, 04:09 PM
saffers

Quote:
Gutted, angry upset, I love the guy for his united history but time and time again when he faces adversity, when the chips are down, him Carrick and that BELM from Southampton have no idea what to do....

Why did we take a 21 year old 4th choice keeper and put him on the bench?

Why take greenwood in great form and pick Tony over him....

Why the £#%&! did losing a shitty right back cause him to throw on two defenders, one that should have started...

His reaction to in game situations is bizzare and frankly disgusting....
Sobering when you put it like that.

I honestly dont think we can ever win a trophy under him. Due to the issues you have outlined above....

We have a good chance of making it out the group stage. Of getting top 4 again. But is that our level now. Happy with that? 2013 was our last premier league title. We are finished huh??

Unread 15-09-2021, 04:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Experience bet he gained a lot from that....

So a complete and utter shit show, agreed.
Taking young players on aways is a time honoured tradition I think you have to have 2 keepers on the bench too.

Unread 15-09-2021, 05:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
(Old) Barca and I guess pep have always handled sending offs relatively well due to their possession based football. As boring as it might be we really should work on that side of our game - you don’t have to go all out risk free possession to recycle the ball in midfield at least half competently.
. yeah 3 years into his tenure i'm sure they'll start working on that any day now. "Lads have you thought about keeping the ball and not punting it up the wings like johnny wilkinson at twickenham?"

Bad news but You need an actual midfield for "possession based football". Actually, correction, you need midfielders that are capable of playing simple, intelligent football. Not a Brazilian Gremlin, The Iron Serb and McJarhead.

Unread 15-09-2021, 05:24 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
. yeah 3 years into his tenure i'm sure they'll start working on that any day now. "Lads have you thought about keeping the ball and not punting it up the wings like johnny wilkinson at twickenham?"

Bad news but You need an actual midfield for "possession based football". Actually, correction, you need midfielders that are capable of playing simple, intelligent football. Not a Brazilian Gremlin, The Iron Serb and McJarhead.
I know mate. I was one of the people saying a dm should be a priority signing when everyone else was saying all we need is a striker, and here we are.

Still think we should be able to pass the ball at least a bit with what we have. Been was doing it quite well I thought.

Unread 15-09-2021, 05:46 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

interesting when you think about it. Ole's best results against the best teams are when we dont have the £#%&!ing ball PSG, City etc etc

Unread 15-09-2021, 06:26 PM
Mr_Ed

Rest a 19 year old? But give 150 minutes to the 36 year old. Mmmm OK.

Unread 15-09-2021, 06:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Rest a 19 year old? But give 150 minutes to the 36 year old. Mmmm OK.

They’ve struck a deal for him not to go away with England first half of the season. Implies they’re trying to manage his football for whatever reason

Unread 15-09-2021, 06:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
They’ve struck a deal for him not to go away with England first half of the season. Implies they’re trying to manage his football for whatever reason
They struck a what

Where you getting this rubbish from ?

Unread 15-09-2021, 06:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
They struck a what

Where you getting this rubbish from ?
Ole. He spoke to Southgate and he asked them not to pick him in the last international break and the October one as it’s better he stays at United.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/0...ational-break/

Do you not follow United?

Unread 15-09-2021, 06:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Ole. He spoke to Southgate and he asked them not to pick him in the last international break and the October one as it’s better he stays at United.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/0...ational-break/

Do you not follow United?
I follow united not England...

Quote:
. according to the Daily Mail.

So what's the deal all about, he doesn't go the internationals if we leave him on the bench in Europe ?

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
I follow united not England...

So what's the deal all about, he doesn't go the internationals if we leave him on the bench in Europe ?
Clearly United news tbh.

He doesn’t go to international breaks and we can manage his game time. Making sure he’s not overused and can develop, so it seems.

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:03 PM
armchair

The Giggs Protocol.

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Clearly United news tbh.

He doesn’t go to international breaks and we can manage his game time. Making sure he’s not overused and can develop, so it seems.
Ok mate, sure......

Player of the month and a 19 year old kid isn't able to play 10 minutes away in Switzerland midweek...