Unread 14-05-2019, 04:22 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
'Man City facing Champions League ban'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11719556

Please be true.
It will be one year suspended

And in a few months, when the fuss has died down, the uefa officials will be handsomely rewarded

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Won’t happen
This.

They'd have to ban PSG too and their owners also own BeIn Sports who hold the Champions League rights. PSG are the berts' human shield.

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:27 PM
waynes ear's

is this the same story linked on the city thread yesterday, only this time is got Sky Sports News all over it?

£#%&!ing £#%&!er

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:28 PM
20LEgend1999

If Arsenal win the Europa League and they get kicked out, I can only see one logical replacement for City in the tournament...

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:28 PM
naes_sean

so if they get banned (hahaha, I know) and Arsenal win the Europa league, does that mean we'll get in the Champions League for finishing 6th?

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
so if they get banned (hahaha, I know) and Arsenal win the Europa league, does that mean we'll get in the Champions League for finishing 6th?
Yes.

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:30 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
is this the same story linked on the city thread yesterday, only this time is got Sky Sports News all over it?

£#%&!ing £#%&!er
Yup. Gives it more authenticity.

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:31 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Yes.
The seething would be brilliant.

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
No

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:34 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Can't see how myself... but it would be really,really funny....

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:37 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
No.

I Arsenal win the Europa league then I believe Spurs lose out on their place, unless they beat the scouse @#%&!s because then we get five teams. A country only gets five teams if one of them has one the CL and not qualified via their league place (which Spurs won't if Arsenal take the fourth CL spot by winning the EC).

It's perfectly clear.

EDIT: Seems I may have been misled, it looks like the winner of the EC could get an "extra" CL place on top of the four league spots.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...ague-1.3886788

EDIT2: This is much more comprehensive, and subsequently more confusing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:44 PM
92ToBury

It depends. Without City's ban, we had to finish top four.
If Arsenal win the Europa League, they would be in the CL despite finishing 5th.
Doesn't matter if Spurs or Liverpool win the CL (of course it does, £#%&! the scousers) for the purposes of this discussion - they're already both in by virtue of top four.

If City get the ban, they may say that the place would have gone to Arsenal, so we don't get it anyway. I'd suggest that it's more of a reliable backstop for L'Arse rather than any sort of ray of hope for us.

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:45 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
No.

I Arsenal win the Europa league then I believe Spurs lose out on their place, unless they beat the scouse @#%&!s because then we get five teams. A country only gets five teams if one of them has one the CL and not qualified via their league place (which Spurs won't if Arsenal take the fourth CL spot by winning the EC).

It's perfectly clear.

EDIT: Seems I may have been misled, it looks like the winner of the EC could get an "extra" CL place on top of the four league spots.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...ague-1.3886788
This has been done heaps of times. You'd think when we were the fifth team in 2017 the penny might have dropped.

IF the berts were banned there would still be four league places to allocate

If Arse qualified without recourse to league placing, the fourth league place would fall to us

But the berts aren't getting banned

HTH

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:52 PM
Bunker Buster

We don't deserve to be in the champions League.

Whatever the £#%&! happens.

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:54 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
This has been done heaps of times. You'd think when we were the fifth team in 2017 the penny might have dropped.

IF the berts were banned there would still be four league places to allocate

If Arse qualified without recourse to league placing, the fourth league place would fall to us

But the berts aren't getting banned

HTH
UEFA keep changing the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

True dat.

Unread 14-05-2019, 04:55 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 14-05-2019, 05:15 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
No. Top 4 + Europa.. might have been an argument if we had been 5th.
Closed Thread